Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Two Cal Lg A Teams to move to Carolina Lg?

Two Cal Lg A Teams to move to Carolina Lg?

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...08/266614.html

According to this it looks likely that two Cal league teams might move to Carolina league.

This would go far in assuring that if/when the Sarasota Reds leave town that the Reds High A team will stay east of Mississippi.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Two Cal Lg A Teams to move to Carolina Lg?

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...08/266614.html

According to this it looks likely that two Cal league teams might move to Carolina league.

This would go far in assuring that if/when the Sarasota Reds leave town that the Reds High A team will stay east of Mississippi.

LEXINGTON! LEXINGTON! LEXINGTON!

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Lexington? That would be tooo sweet! I'd make that trip a time or two! Isn't E-town also courting a Minor League team? Maybe, a high A Reds Team? I'd make that trip as well! The real future of a franchise has always been guys good enough to be Major-Leaguers are successful at AA, look there for a team's future. High A is just a notch below.

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    I wonder about Bowling Green. Someone here on RZ has been talking about them building a stadium there (actually underway, if IIRC). The article mentions Richmond as one spot after the Braves move their AAA affiliate down toward Atlanta, but I wonder if it wouldn't make sense to swap a AA team into there and put the Single A elsewhere. The article also mentioned Fayetteville, NC as a possibility.

If Bowling Green's going to get one, it would make sense to put it in the same league as Lexington, which is the Sally League, but again, you'd have to do some swapping, I think.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    I wonder about Bowling Green. Someone here on RZ has been talking about them building a stadium there (actually underway, if IIRC). The article mentions Richmond as one spot after the Braves move their AAA affiliate down toward Atlanta, but I wonder if it wouldn't make sense to swap a AA team into there and put the Single A elsewhere. The article also mentioned Fayetteville, NC as a possibility.

If Bowling Green's going to get one, it would make sense to put it in the same league as Lexington, which is the Sally League, but again, you'd have to do some swapping, I think.
    Ah, maybe I was off geographically a bit. I know somewhere in W. Ky a stadium is going up. Bowling Green would make a little more sense, not so close to Louisvile..

IMO, the Reds ought to be working the angle of getting the Red Sox into Sarasota so that they can move into Salem.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Are the Legends moving? Because unless they are we're not getting a Reds team.

Just enjoy watching your Astros prospects.

I won't rest until Dayton gets a AA or higher team.

But, I've always been the restless type.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post

Yes, the stadium is going up in Bowling Green right now. It's going to be a Tampa Bay Rays low A team though I believe.

I´m hoping Savannah Ga... As I´m moving there....

Quote Originally Posted by podgejeff_ View Post
    Are the Legends moving? Because unless they are we're not getting a Reds team.

Just enjoy watching your Astros prospects.
    From the SAL Lake Co. is suppose to move from SAL to another league I think in time for 2010. To keep the league even Columbus team is moving to Bowling Green and joining this league I think, if I heard the league news right.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by HBP View Post
    Yes, the stadium is going up in Bowling Green right now. It's going to be a Tampa Bay Rays low A team though I believe.
    Theres still a lot of chirping going on in Charleston that Tampa might be a big player if the Brewers leave Charleston for Tampa's Low A squad. The rookie league team is 90 miles from there and is connected to their High A team by interstate which is said to be a huge positive. But I have also heard Pirates, Rangers, Mets, blah blah blah, insert couple more teams here as being options.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Turn Off Ads?