Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

Dissident

Re: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    You may be able to troll the cardinal board you came from...
    If you've been paying attention, you'd know that I didn't participate in the game threads the previous two nights. I stayed out of them because I didn't want to associate myself with the juvenile Cards fans in those threads.

Do you think that anyone that isn't a Reds fan is automatically a troll?
    ... but you arent going to troll me.
    Funny. If you really meant that, you wouldn't have responded at all.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    and if he does get suspended the Cards will ***** and moan the rest of the season.
    Bingo.

They showed Larue today and he had no cuts to the face

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    If he does not get suspended the Cards will ***** and moan the rest of the season
    watch it, thats masked profanity. might get an infraction

According to this article http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=cin LaRue sustained a concussion from the kicks and couldn't play on Wednesday. Would you put it passed LaRussa to exaggerate LaRue's injury in an attempt to influence Cueto's possibly suspension time?
    ----------
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, he would have given us stomachs." - David Daye

Quote Originally Posted by PhatHead View Post
    According to this article http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=cin LaRue sustained a concussion from the kicks and couldn't play on Wednesday. Would you put it passed LaRussa to exaggerate LaRue's injury in an attempt to influence Cueto's possibly suspension time?
    First thing I though last night was LaRussa playing it up for a longer suspension. :thumbdown

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I'm disappointed in Cueto. He was in perfect position to take out several Cards with season ending injuries and he failed to do so. Kicking? That's it? Come on Johnny.

How many games will Carpenter get for his remarks? If Cueto is indeed suspended (he shouldn't be) then they need to suspend Carpenter for escalating the entire thing with his remarks. I hope the truth comes out what Carpenter said because I have a feeling if it would really come out he could be suspended for a good while. MLB suspended Rocker for 28 games and then cut it in half. Something needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by redlegs2370 View Post
    How many games will Carpenter get for his remarks? If Cueto is indeed suspended (he shouldn't be) then they need to suspend Carpenter for escalating the entire thing with his remarks. I hope the truth comes out what Carpenter said because I have a feeling if it would really come out he could be suspended for a good while. MLB suspended Rocker for 28 games and then cut it in half. Something needs to be done.
    I'm guessing you're hinting that he used a racial slur, and that is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    I'm guessing you're hinting that he used a racial slur, and that is just stupid.
    Why?

The reaction of every Red on the field after Carpenter said what he had to say to Dusty leads me to believe that it was something pretty bad and not your normal run of the mill profanities.

Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    Why?

The reaction of every Red on the field after Carpenter said what he had to say to Dusty leads me to believe that it was something pretty bad and not your normal run of the mill profanities.
    If it were a racial slur it would've likely leaked by now. He probably threw some profanities as he walked towards Baker and that set it off. Likely nothing to see there.

Why?

So it's racism?

If it was something like that we would know by now. Dusty would have immediately told the media, the umpire, who was right there and heard everything would have tossed Carpenter immediately. The fight wouldn't have calmed down after 20 seconds.

Hinting that Carpenter used a racial slur to start everything is as ignorant and irresponsible as claiming that Phillips started everything by using a slur against Molina.

A simple **** you Dusty or you're a piece of **** Dusty would illicit the same reaction.

Just because one guy is white and the other is black does not mean that there was racism involved.

Dusty and Larussa were clearly using the same language at each other and right in each others faces too. Carpenter yells something from 10 feet away and the entire Reds team collectively turns to go after him?

I'm not buying that it was just regular profanity.

I do think the racism card isnt likely here and shouldnt be played without any support, but Dusty did say you cant just watch video and know what was going down, things were said and bet that plays a role in the punishment as much as the fighting itself....at least it better if it caused all this. If BPhils going to be blamed for saying something to start it, they need to be held accountable for what they said that really started it all if thats the case.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Dusty and Larussa were clearly using the same language at each other and right in each others faces too. Carpenter yells something from 10 feet away and the entire Reds team collectively turns to go after him?

I'm not buying that it was just regular profanity.
    It's called defending your manager. It's fine for managers to argue amongst themselves, but when a player interjects it's crossing a line. I doubt the words had anything to do with it.

Turn Off Ads?