Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Cueto 7 game suspension

Re: Cueto 7 game suspension

Heck, Reds fans should be happy that Cueto gets a rest before the end of the year. I am seeing it as one start, which isn't too bad. Only suspending one guy does look a little fishy, though.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ELE View Post
    Just throwing this out there, but XM radio interviewed umpire Hunter Wendelstedt about his opinion on what happened in the fight. He said that he thought that Molina handled everything properly...
    I don't think Molina should have even been fined. BP definitely tried to provoke him, going back a second time with the bat. How did he expect Molina to react?

Baker and Jocketty should have seen this coming a mile away, and waited too long to sit Phillips down and talk to him. Baker and LaRussa both deserved fines, I'm surprised with the suspensions.

All in all, the Reds caught a break with only the Cueto suspension. And with Wood, Bailey, Maloney and Harang available, it hardly dents the rotation.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Quote Originally Posted by Illybey View Post
    You don't think tapping Molina TWICE after calling him a B**** the day before started it? What if someone had called you that at work and then wanted to shake your hand the next day?
    Easy, I act like a grown up, shake it off and move along with my job like any other adult is expected to act. He can still say something without having to get in his face-thats confrontational and what started the physical parts. If our sport had a commish with any balls he and Carp would be suspended for instigating it too-esp Carp, not even playing in the game and being the biggest instigator out there with his mouth. He seems to want to be the mini white Zambrano, crazy headed out of control punk.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Easy, I act like a grown up, shake it off and move along with my job like any other adult is expected to act. He can still say something without having to get in his face-thats confrontational and what started the physical parts. If our sport had a commish with any balls he and Carp would be suspended for instigating it too-esp Carp, not even playing in the game and being the biggest instigator out there with his mouth. He seems to want to be the mini white Zambrano, crazy headed out of control punk.
    Ok, well then he would have to suspend Phillips and Rolen also.

so Jason Larue is sitting on the bottom of the pile and someone cleats him in the face, we just assume its Cueto since he was kicking....that is hogwash....if your on the ground in a scruffle, chances are your getting stepped on and cleated.....Cueto is one of the smallest guys on the team and he was pitching that day.....he was towards the back of the argument trying to stau out pf it and he got physical pushed towards the net...he was scared I am sure...he got what he deserved, a little harsh, but I can live with it.

Brandon Phillips should be hit for a few games at least, bottom line is this battle started with him and could have ended with him...not saying he was totally wrong but the brawl started with him....twice. Once in the media and once in the batters box...reds fan or not, BP deserved alot more than he got. I love his attitude, but he derserves it as much as anyone.

Why in gods name is Carpenter not suspended....this whole brawl was over....let me repeat that, OVER....guys were even walking back towards their respective dugouts when Chris started jawing with Baker.....If Brandon instigated the brawl, then Carp did just as bad by instigating the 2nd part of the brawl....

Molina......to be perfectly honest....I hate the Cards a ton more after this incident than I did before....but I gained a little respect for Yadier.....you dont bash someone to the media and then cuddle up to them the next day...if BP hated them so much then why tap me on the shin? I wont be buying Yadier a drink anytime soon, but I sure respect the heck out of him a little more....he stepped up to to Phillips and he stepped up at the plate when the going got tuff....he walked the walk and talked the talk, something professionals rarely do these days...and something BP failed miserably at.

Quote Originally Posted by ELE View Post
    You cant call someone a beotch, then get in the box and tap their shin guard TWICE and not expect anything. Sorry you are wrong here. Why did Phillips go back and hit yadis shin guard a second time after he called yadi a beotch??? makes no sense to me. its not gutless either, its called sticking up for yourself and your team.
    Well, in that case, you cant be beeotches all the time and not expect someone to call you out on it at some point and get upset about it then.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Wrong, Phillips comments were the day before, the cards had a choice to let it slide or be confrontational; they picked the second, they should also have punishment for it. Molina made a point to get in his face, he could have responded "dont touch me again, we arent freinds (as he said), get in the box and hit" and would have accomplished the same goal. He wanted a fight when he stood on the plate and got in Phillips face. Gutless IMO.
    If someone at your workplace called you bi*** THE DAY BEFORE, then wanted to shake your hand, you said no, then he tried again. What would you do? would you coward down and shake his hand and say nothing?

Replay clearly showed cueto connecting to larues face and throat. Not very hard to miss.

takealeake

If someone at your workplace called you bi*** THE DAY BEFORE, then wanted to shake your hand, you said no, then he tried again. What would you do? would you coward down and shake his hand and say nothing?
    Truth is always a defense to slander.

As Samuel L saying in Pulp Fiction: Does he LOOK like a -----???

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    if your on the ground in a scruffle, chances are your getting stepped on and cleated.....Cueto is one of the smallest guys on the team and he was pitching that day.....he was towards the back of the argument trying to stau out pf it and he got physical pushed towards the net...he was scared I am sure...he got what he deserved, a little harsh, but I can live with it.
    Guess he could have crawled out ala Suppan.

Really, who else has done that too? I can tell by what you just said to me you would say something if someone called you a BI**CH. So you would have everyone that "mouthed" in that pushing match (except Cueto) suspended?

Well, in that case, you cant be beeotches all the time and not expect someone to call you out on it at some point and get upset about it then.

I mean the reds dont like the cardinals because the cardinals win. Its called jealousy. Reds are a young team who havent been in this situation, phillips takes after his manager and said soemthing stupid. it happens.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Precisely. Some of us here are being willfully dense on the point.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Carp is not Zambrano. Zambrano is a me first nut case. Carpenter this season channeled Bob Gibson. A fiery competitor who hates you if he's on the other side. I could see how Carp's act could get old from an opposing team's perspective. But I'm loving his new found badassness, and am especially loving the throwback that he is being a throwback to Bob Gibson.

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Precisely. Some of us here are being willfully dense on the point.
    Thank you, you are one of the down to earth, smarter Reds fans I was talking about earlier. I would like to think I thought like you if the shoe were on the other foot.

Turn Off Ads?