Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Reds v. Giants 7/24/2013

"So Fla Red"

Re: Reds v. Giants 7/24/2013

Frazier and Mes will never want to leave SF after this series. Dudes are crushing it this week at PacBell/ATT/Whatever Park

2. Turn Off Ads?
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    I think I would just stick with Frazier and save whatever it would cost you to get Michael Young. Don't see it as an upgrade.
    Truth. Todd is a plus 3B defensively this year. Young is barely above 0 WAR wise he's so bad defensively. Maybe if he can hack it in left, but I don't think they'll get anyone to replace Ludwick.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    True, still it's pretty good fortune that most of them haven't come around to score. Guess it kind of evens out.
    It is most definitely amazing that there have been 12 baserunners and only one has scored. No disagreements with that.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I'm looking forward to getting Hannigan back and i predict some of the starters will really benefit. But boy, Devin is really swinging the bat.

6. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (07-25-2013)

I think I would just stick with Frazier and save whatever it would cost you to get Michael Young. Don't see it as an upgrade.
    I think the idea would be to have him get some starts at all infield positions (I'd be fine w/ him starting at short when Latos is pitching), and be an stick off the bench, even giving Frazier some more PT in left.

Choo/Young/Votto/Ludwick/Bruce/Phillips/Frazier/Mez? Pretty good playoff lineup.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

"So Fla Red"

Too bad the offense picked the one game with Reynolds to score 3 runs. Can't complain, but it is a crime the Giants eeked out a win from the series being outscored 31-8...

Will be interesting to see how the series goes in LA this weekend. I'd take a split in a heartbeat with the way the Dodgers are rolling.

9. Likes:

joshua (07-25-2013)

Leake obviously hasn't had his best stuff tonight, but he has battled and you could argue he was our stopper if it weren't for that speed thing.

Then again, I don't know what to make of all the hitting here. Either we're on a roll or the Giants are that pitiful.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

11. Likes:

VR (07-25-2013)

It's frustrating that the Cards & Pirates keep winning, but the rate the Diamondbacks, Phillies and Nationals are going, the Reds could wind up as a wildcard by default.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I don't think it would cost the Reds much since Young is a FA at the end of this year. He is an upgrade over Frazier and makes the bench stronger which helps in the post season.

Leake to hit and pitch the 7th?

I'd say yes, have him on a short leash. That was a solid 6th....and the pen could use all the rest it can get.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    It's frustrating that the Cards & Pirates keep winning, but the rate the Diamondbacks, Phillies and Nationals are going, the Reds could wind up as a wildcard by default.
    The only question that remains are the seeds. St. Louis, Atlanta, LA, Pittsburgh, and Cincinnati are going to the playoffs. The NL is extremely top heavy.
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    With the Nats and Giant implosions, the Reds could probably simply go 30-30 the rest of the way and grab a wildcard slot.

The Nats have been a major dissapointment, but the way the Giants have collapsed is really suprising. And neither will get any sympathy from me.

I hate, hate, hate that the $Dod$gEr$$$$$ are going to make the playoffs.

17. Likes:

Tom Servo (07-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    I'm looking forward to getting Hannigan back and i predict some of the starters will really benefit. But boy, Devin is really swinging the bat.
    Kunda funny to think about how concerned some posters were about the staff ERA if Mes became the starter 70% of the time. His arm isn't as good, but he's done very well calling games.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Frazier and Mes will never want to leave SF after this series. Dudes are crushing it this week at PacBell/ATT/Whatever Park
    Rococo has been Buster Posey this week, for real.

"So Fla Red"

Kemp on the DL. That helps the cause for the weekend.

Turn Off Ads?