Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: 2012 College Coaching Carousel

Re: 2012 College Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Actually, I find Bruce Weber anything but interesting.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Actually, I find Bruce Weber anything but interesting.
    LOL

Gonna be quite an atmosphere change in Manhattan.

Manning to Tulsa and Hinson to Southern Illinois. Self loses his top 2 assistants on the eve of the Final 4.

Trent Johnson to TCU.

I know they don't care about basketball much at LSU, but still. That's ridiculous.

Trent Johnson to TCU.

I know they don't care about basketball much at LSU, but still. That's ridiculous.
    They care even less at Fort Worth.

I've read it had to do with a contract squabble and the potential to recruit in Texas. He'll have more to choose from but he will also be going up against Rick Barnes, Billy Gillispie, Billy Kennedy, and possibly even SEC schools now that Texas A&M is in the conference.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    They care even less at Fort Worth.

I've read it had to do with a contract squabble and the potential to recruit in Texas. He'll have more to choose from but he will also be going up against Rick Barnes, Billy Gillispie, Billy Kennedy, and possibly even SEC schools now that Texas A&M is in the conference.
    Ya left out Scott Drew! The move makes absolutely no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Ya left out Scott Drew! The move makes absolutely no sense.
    The part that I really like is that Jim Christian left TCU for Ohio U (a pretty serious downward move), which opened the job for Johnson.

Also, John Cooper, formerly of Tennessee State, has been hired at Miami University. Excellent hire for the Thunderhawks, but somewhat a surprise. I assumed Frank Smith would step into his mentor's shoes.

The part that I really like is that Jim Christian left TCU for Ohio U (a pretty serious downward move), which opened the job for Johnson.

Also, John Cooper, formerly of Tennessee State, has been hired at Miami University. Excellent hire for the Thunderhawks, but somewhat a surprise. I assumed Frank Smith would step into his mentor's shoes.
    OU looks to have the pieces in place to be pretty successful from a coaching standpoint. But that did surprise me.

OU looks to have the pieces in place to be pretty successful from a coaching standpoint. But that did surprise me.
    Anyone who is successful there will move on to another major opening in a major conference. And usually at that level, unless you're an established power within that conference, its a crapshoot.

I did forget about Scott Drew though. I've never been impressed with Trent Johnson. He is a great X's and O's coach, but he's never been able to recruit.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Anyone who is successful there will move on to another major opening in a major conference. And usually at that level, unless you're an established power within that conference, its a crapshoot.

I did forget about Scott Drew though. I've never been impressed with Trent Johnson. He is a great X's and O's coach, but he's never been able to recruit.
    LOL.......I had to throw Drew out there because he is an Indiana(Valparaiso) boy!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with ya on the OU job. I think the oppurtunity is there for success and a coach can parlez that into a big time gig just as this year.

I dont know if I agree with ya on Johnson's recruiting. He had some dang good teams at Nevada, but I admit I havent followed his carreer. Just seemed to me like he was an odd fit at LSU, go from coaching Stanford to coaching LSU. Just kind of weird.

LOL.......I had to throw Drew out there because he is an Indiana(Valparaiso) boy!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with ya on the OU job. I think the oppurtunity is there for success and a coach can parlez that into a big time gig just as this year.

I dont know if I agree with ya on Johnson's recruiting. He had some dang good teams at Nevada, but I admit I havent followed his carreer. Just seemed to me like he was an odd fit at LSU, go from coaching Stanford to coaching LSU. Just kind of weird.
    Johnson was at Nevada for five years, Stanford for four, and UCLA for four.

He's the type of coach you would hire if you had a good solid nucleus in place. He took over a pretty talented LSU team his first season in Baton Rogue and won the SEC Tournament. He also took over for Mike Montgomery and won pretty decent in Stanford before leaving for the SEC.

Rumor has it Scott Drew from Baylor is on the short list for LSU. Don't know if its wishful thinking or if it has legs.

Johnson was at Nevada for five years, Stanford for four, and UCLA for four.

He's the type of coach you would hire if you had a good solid nucleus in place. He took over a pretty talented LSU team his first season in Baton Rogue and won the SEC Tournament. He also took over for Mike Montgomery and won pretty decent in Stanford before leaving for the SEC.

Rumor has it Scott Drew from Baylor is on the short list for LSU. Don't know if its wishful thinking or if it has legs.
    I would imagine a lot of schools are eyeing Drew. It wouldnt have surprised me to have seen him take the Illinois job just to be closer to his folks with some of the medical issues they got. But as far as LSU, I dont know.....but crazier things have happened.

Just saw where SMU is making a play for Majerus.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Majerus is staying put.

Meanwhile, Larry Eustachy is leaving Southern Miss and heading to Colorado State.

Lateral move?
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Majerus is staying put.

Meanwhile, Larry Eustachy is leaving Southern Miss and heading to Colorado State.

Lateral move?
    I dont know what I would call that one. I dont know what Colorado St has coming back.

Turn Off Ads?