Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: 5/30/2013 Reds at Indians

Re: 5/30/2013 Reds at Indians

My $0.02 worth.

If Choo hits (and lately it's been a struggle) the second hitter must move him over which is something Cozart or Isturis have a hard time doing. Then Votto gets nothing to hit and we end up with no runs. Then it's Phillips, Bruce, and Frazier. Then what? It's the $64,000 question (dating myself here). Couple that with Homer's meltdown, throwing the ball in the sweet spot with two out and this is what you get. Maybe it was the drums,

Now we find ourselves in third place and three games out and playing a Pirate team that everyone says will fade, but no sign of that so far, plus facing two leftys that drive this team nuts. We could be 6 games out by Sunday and yet there is hope. At least I hope there is. I will say this. The only pitchers I trust these days are Cueto and Latos starting and Sam and Chapman from the pen. While the Pirates defeat the best, we struggle against he mediocre and the horrible. And the Bucs and the Cardinals just win. it's going to be a tough ride.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Likes:

TSJ55 (05-31-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Bearcat View Post
    It appears the Cards will win 110 games this year.
    They roll out some new guy out of the minors every week, and he dominates.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Thank You Boggs. At least the Richard Craniums in St Louis lost too thanks to him.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    My $0.02 worth.

If Choo hits (and lately it's been a struggle) the second hitter must move him over which is something Cozart or Isturis have a hard time doing. Then Votto gets nothing to hit and we end up with no runs. Then it's Phillips, Bruce, and Frazier. Then what? It's the $64,000 question (dating myself here). Couple that with Homer's meltdown, throwing the ball in the sweet spot with two out and this is what you get. Maybe it was the drums,

Now we find ourselves in third place and three games out and playing a Pirate team that everyone says will fade, but no sign of that so far, plus facing two leftys that drive this team nuts. We could be 6 games out by Sunday and yet there is hope. At least I hope there is. I will say this. The only pitchers I trust these days are Cueto and Latos starting and Sam and Chapman from the pen. While the Pirates defeat the best, we struggle against he mediocre and the horrible. And the Bucs and the Cardinals just win. it's going to be a tough ride.
    I consider 18-8 in the month of May "just winning" but hey, maybe that's just me...

If I remember correctly we were in third place after the all star break last year to the Cardinals and Pirates. I believe the Pirates were even in first place. How exactly did that work out again? My memory is foggy sometimes. If you honestly think John Locke, Jeanmar Gomez and Francisco Liriano are going to have sub 2.50 ERAs the rest of the season all I can say is the following to you "it's puff - puff - pass, man."
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 05-31-2013 at 08:46 AM.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    Hat question. I bought one of the new Reds BP hats. (I'm not proud of myself, but in mitigation I had a gift card.) I like the mesh style, but the bill is like plywood. With the New Era wool fitted hats, I would just wear the thing in the shower and it would sort of mold properly and then dry in place. What is the best way to get the bill properly curved with these hats?
    Since I like the old school curve (as EVERYONE should) I still do it in the old style way. Good ole' rubber bands.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Since I like the old school curve (as EVERYONE should) I still do it in the old style way. Good ole' rubber bands.
    What do you band it around to make sure that the curve is even? Or do you just wrap the whole thing.

The flat bills are terrible, which is why I've been buying those New Era franchise hats for about a decade.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

What do you band it around to make sure that the curve is even? Or do you just wrap the whole thing.

The flat bills are terrible, which is why I've been buying those New Era franchise hats for about a decade.
    I wrap the whole thing and do what was also suggested earlier, putting it in a cup.

That's only if I have to, because I always try to buy hats that have the curve I like already. Every once in a while I get a hat as a gift and that's when the problem happens. Those flat bills just look stupid.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

My $0.02 worth.

Not sure if I'm understanding your post correctly, but isn't the mediocre and horrible who we have feasted upon this whole month?

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Not sure if I'm understanding your post correctly, but isn't the mediocre and horrible who we have feasted upon this whole month?
    It is really not worth interfacing with the willfully miserable. Last I checked the Reds were 12 over .500.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

It is really not worth interfacing with the willfully miserable. Last I checked the Reds were 12 over .500.
    Just didn't know if he was meaning something else and it just came out wrong. I mean haven't we beat up on the Cubs, Brewers, and Phils enough this month. Im sure there are others.

My $0.02 worth.

I know you are venting and I know where you are coming from so I'm not trying to take a shot at you.

But that is 100 percent the most glass-half-empty view I have ever seen written on this board. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    ya the Charlotte area is booming and i'm gonna get accustomed to it more the next couple days
    I live here in the area. There are quite a few reds zone posters here, need to start a booster group at Buffalo Wild Wings or something. You're not allowed to speak however

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I live here in the area. There are quite a few reds zone posters here, need to start a booster group at Buffalo Wild Wings or something. You're not allowed to speak however
    Which part of Charlotte do you live in? I live over by The Tradition Golf Course in North Charlotte

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Which part of Charlotte do you live in? I live over by The Tradition Golf Course in North Charlotte
    I'm in ft mill near the amusement park

Turn Off Ads?