Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Hoosier News

Re: More Hoosier News

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Marcus Camby I will give you, but Ricky Davis are you serious? What is Ricky Davis going to teach him? How to intentionally miss a shot and get your own rebound to get a triple double? EJ is a good kid and I have nothing against him and I am sure he will be fine but my point is he had nothing to gain but distrust by saying what he said about the situation at IU. He should have said there were problems but what is in the past is in the past.
    Regardless, these people are like you and me and they make a paycheck the same as we do(although at a much higher pay level). Eric Gordon might be making more money than some members on the Clippers team, but the Ricky Davis and Marcus Camby's are going to be the ones who take Eric under their wings.

It's just like working a job somewhere. If you have somebody with higher seniority or age telling you how to improve doing something, odds are you are going to listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Ricky Davis is among the last guys I would want a rookie to follow, the guy is just out there. The whole point of my fist post was to say that EJ should have kept his mouth shut about the IU situation. I know it was bad but by publicly airing dirty laundry he damaged his reputation.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Ricky Davis is among the last guys I would want a rookie to follow, the guy is just out there. The whole point of my fist post was to say that EJ should have kept his mouth shut about the IU situation. I know it was bad but by publicly airing dirty laundry he damaged his reputation.
    I don't think it did any damage to be honest. You don't see Mike Dunleavy criticizing him or anybody from Indiana coming out in the press and denying what Gordon said.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I don't think it did any damage to be honest. You don't see Mike Dunleavy criticizing him or anybody from Indiana coming out in the press and denying what Gordon said.
    You and I are not in a NBA locker room. If I were in that locker room with EJ I would watch my back and I am sure I am not the only one.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

I think that's overblown to be honest. There's a pretty big advantage to saying what he said.

It's not exactly a state secret that drug use was a problem on last years' team. And for reasons that really aren't his fault, Gordon's always going to be lumped in with last years dissapointment.

So by confirming there was drug use, that he wasn't a part of it, and that guys like DJ, whom he respected were not a part of it, removes the cloud of doubt.

That much being said, I think Dakich's stand has been admirable. It's pretty clear that he really didn't like the players and they didn't like him. But he's stuck his neck out now twice to defend guys who gave him almost a negative effort last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Turn Off Ads?