Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl Critique

Super Bowl Critique

It's still in the 3rd quarter - 16-14 Colts - but the Bears ought to be thankful this is not being played in a dome stadium. They'd be getting murdered.

One sloppy Super Bowl. The rain has been more of an advantage for the Bears then the Colts. No one expected much from Grossman/Bear's offense; but the rain has slowed the Colt's "O" up to this point.

But now the Bear's "D" is starting to wear down from being on the field too much. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears don't score another point in this game.

But Manning is taking what they give him, and he is starting to kill them with the short passing game.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field

Re: Super Bowl Critique

I'd have to say scoring a TD on the opening kickoff in a championship game is not a good thing.

Ask me a-GINN and I'll tell ya the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    I'd have to say scoring a TD on the opening kickoff in a championship game is not a good thing.

Ask me a-GINN and I'll tell ya the same thing.
    I thought the very same thing when it occurred.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

It seemed for a while no one wanted the ball.
    Grossman just got sacked for the second time in a row - it could be beginning to get ugly for the Bears.

On the other hand: For all his flash and fancy and strangeness, Prince showed he can still play a very mean guitar when he gets to playing good old down and dirty rock and roll.

For a Level Playing Field

Well the botched PAT keeps Chicago within one score of tying the game. Running into or roughing? I do not like that rule. If you hit the kicker, it should be a personal foul every time. Very dangerous play for the kicker.

This game is a bigger mess than my dating life in college.

But if the Colts hold the Bears and score two FG's, I'll win $125.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

I hope the colts win but I want Grossman to at least pass for another TD. I hate to see anybody blamed for a Super Bowl loss.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Last year, Atlanta was in the running to host a couple of Super Bowls at the Georgia Dome a few years from now. The Super Bowl committee dinged the Atlanta proposal because the last time the Super Bowl was here (Rams - Titans), a freak ice storm hit the city and made game day travel slightly treacherous. The powers-that-be gave the future Super Bowls to Tampa & Miami.

Then they proceeded to play last year's game in Detroit, and followed it up with this year's game in the middle of a hurricane in Miami.

Karma.

It will be back in Miami for many more Super Bowls. Its a 2 week vacation for the NFL bigwigs. There was not a lot of good things to say about Detroit last year, except for Ford Field which is first class.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Congrats to Peyton, he deserves it! Now just take it easy on the commercials will ya?

This was a good old fahsioned butt-whooping. The score was close until the 4the quarter, but the Colts dominated pretty much the entire game. The Bears defense looked very average against the Colts offense.

Finally, all this Manning can't win the big game is put to rest. Actually, hopefully that entire argument when it comes to QBs can get put to rest. Teams win Super Bowls, not QBs.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

What a horrible game. the colts offense was good as was the bears D, but for what was supposedly the best 2 teams in the league, I thought it was pretty weak.

best halftime show in many years though. I thought prince rocked.
    School's out. What did you expect?

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Prince was great.

I actually thought it was a pretty compelling game, despite the fact that the Colts dominated. It was close until the 4th quarter.

The Bears need a new quarterback. I admire Coach Smith for sticking with him, but the poor guy is a proven accidental arsonist.
    Stick to your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    best halftime show in many years though. I thought prince rocked.
    Yep. Prince just performed professionally. Didn't need gimmicks, didn't need buttons popping, didn't need anything but the music. It was seriously good!

Rem

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Colts played smart. Smartest thing, IMO was not letting Devin Hester get another return after his game opening runback.

Gave up some field position but...worth it.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Turn Off Ads?