Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Browns

2010 Browns

To those that are Brown fans on here..... HOW ABOUT THEM BROWNIES!!!

They dominated the Saints in N.O. two weeks ago, and yesterday really put it to the Patriots (who had won 5 straight). It really makes me lament them first three games where they had the lead gong into the 4th quarter, and lost all three by a total of 12 pts.

I looked at the Browns, going into this season, pretty much like I did with the Reds going into this year.... you've still got some holes, but you do have talent, and I wanted to see some improvement along that plane.

And the Browns, as well as the Bengals, have one tough schedule this year.

I'm liking what I'm seeing from McCoy. He's showing poise and leadership out there, and isn't making mistakes. Play this guy, see what ya got, and make Seneca the backup! Delhomme should have never been signed IMO.

And how could the Broncos get rid of a guy like Hillis? The guy is a train with speed and good receiving hands. Yesterday, a career-high 184 yards and two TDs. And in week #3 vs the Ravens defense, he ran for 144 yds and a TD. The Patriots had eight or more defenders in the box, and entering this week had allowed only 1.3 yards per carry in those situations (4th best in the NFL). Of his 29 carries, Peyton Hillis ran the ball 21 times for 133 yards and a touchdown on attempts between the tackles yesterday (72.4 percent). Only 49ers RB Frank Gore (69.5) had a higher percentage of his carries go up the middle than Hillis (65.4).

And you have to give credit to our offensive line too, and guys like Steinbach and Thomas.

I like what I'm starting to see from our receiving corp, especially with TE Watson. I still question the talent level in the WR area. Need to get Cribbs in there more. Glad we got Robiskie back, who was injured, but I still am uncertain about Massaquoi who shows inconsistency. Same with Stuckey.

But I like what I am seeing, especially from a imaginative offense play-calling standpoint.

We have another challenge coming to Cleveland this week in the Jets.
    Last edited by GAC; 11-08-2010 at 05:38 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2010 Browns

The Browns are a well-coached team, and they're fun to watch. They're the complete opposite of my Cincinnati Bengals. They don't have a scent of divaness to them, and I love it. I hope they start blacking out Bengals games around here so I can watch the Browns more. Even when they lose, it's competitive. They still need to upgrade in a few areas (most noticably WR) but they'll get there soon enough.

I enjoy watching Colt McCoy play. He's not very big but he's tough and seems pretty smart.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

It's been an long and hard road, but as a Browns fan I finally feel like there is hope. This team is better coached and more disciplined than any of the teams under Crennel's watch, and I think they finally got the franchise QB they've been looking for since their rebirth.

I was a supporter of Mangini's and stood behind it even during last season. Here is a good article on Mangini in the New York Times. Excellent read.

His image problems followed him to Cleveland, magnified when he fined players for not paying for water bottles in hotel rooms, or when he sent his rookies on a 10-hour bus ride to Connecticut for his football camp. Players grumbled, and it seemed that instead of being humbled by his termination, Mangini had failed to change, that he was Belichick without the pedigree. But to Mangini, these incidents spoke instead to a lack of organizational respect.

“This place was a disaster,” said Rob Ryan, Mangini’s defensive coordinator, adding, “Vince Lombardi wasn’t going to come in here and win.”
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/07/sp...07mangini.html

I'm not a Browns fan but I do like Colt McCoy and I am glad to see him playing well.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Not a Browns fan (Bengals) and usually for some reason, I just HATE the Browns... I guess it's just the rivalry... but I've always just despised even watching their games.

I actually like watching this team though. Hillis is an animal... and I like watching McCoy play too.

Another Bengals fan checking in, just wanted to say I hope the Browns continue to improve. I feel a kinship with Cleveland fans, I figure they at least understand what it's like being a Bengals fan. And if it can't be the Bengals I'd rather see the Browns on top of the AFC North than Baltimore or Pittsburgh.

I dream of a day when it's the Bengals and Browns fighting it out for the AFC North and the Ravens and Steelers are terrible. Hope I get to see that at some point.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    They don't have a scent of divaness to them, and I love it.
    They wised up, over the last couple of years, and dumped those players. That's one difference I do see with this current group of players. And they love, and believe in, Colt McCoy. I'm not going to build the kid up too much because he's only played in 3 games, which is still a small window. But who were those three opponents? Pittsburgh, N.O., and N.E. All quality teams.

What I like about McCoy is that even as a 3rd string QB, it's his preparation. He's very meticulous and constantly watching game film, studying the opposition.

I read yesterday where both Delhomme and Seneca could be ready by Friday. I can't see Mangini not continuing to start McCoy based on what he has seen so far out of this kid. Mangini knows his job is on the line this year, and he has to show improvement. Jake is a dud, and I hated the signing. I like Seneca, but he's been a career backup. Your future, if you have one - and isn't that why you signed him to begin with? - is in McCoy. This kid has earned the opportunity to be in there every single game until he proves otherwise.

I hope they start blacking out Bengals games around here so I can watch the Browns more. Even when they lose, it's competitive. They still need to upgrade in a few areas (most noticably WR) but they'll get there soon enough.
    I live in central Ohio, but have Directv. All my local channels, even though I'm closer to Columbus, are out of Dayton, which means I get Bengal games a majority of the time. And I do watch the Bengals. I don't have an outside tower (antenna), but use an internal rabbit ears one. And before they made that switch from analog to digital signal I got Columbus stations, especially channel 10 which shows Brown games, great. And my TV is digital, so I don't need a converter box, because when I go to antenna I get Dayton stations great. I was told that all the Columbus towers are south of the city, and my problem is geography (distance). If I put up a tower I could pick them up. I might do that at some point.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Nice tackle, TJ Ward.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Nice tackle, TJ Ward.
    That was Eric Wrongs man, but I was wondering when someone would bring up Ward. Hell of a game today. At least its exciting being a Browns fan on Sundays again.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    I'm not a Browns fan but I do like Colt McCoy and I am glad to see him playing well.
    I do too. I thought he was much better prospect than some of the QBs taken ahead of him, and thought that his "flaws" were seen becasue people were looking for anything after 4 years.

Yes I know he doesnt have the strongest of arms. But what does having a big arm mean when you have a 5 cent head? give me a guy with an above average arm and knows how to use it over a guy like JaMarcus Russell.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Like GAC said, I finally feel the organization is headed the right way. Really enjoying the season as well. I totally dig Hillis. That dude is a return to football that a Browns fan can really get with. Should be real fun next year, I expect nothing less than a playoff spot.

Played the Jets tough as nails today. They aint world beaters but they will put a hurting on you given the chance.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    Like GAC said, I finally feel the organization is headed the right way. Really enjoying the season as well. I totally dig Hillis. That dude is a return to football that a Browns fan can really get with. Should be real fun next year, I expect nothing less than a playoff spot.

Played the Jets tough as nails today. They aint world beaters but they will put a hurting on you given the chance.
    I hope this isn't taken the wrong way but here goes.

What the Browns are lacking is talent. With the exception of their OLine they are a talent deficient team. They are playing well and hard right now but I just don't know how long that will continue. Hillis is a nice story, I just wonder how long his running style will play in the NFL. McCoy is a nice story, tough as nails QB, I wanted the Bengals to take him in the 2nd round, but again I want to see how he continues to develop and make adjustments.

It may sound wrong, but losing games like they did yesterday is actually better for the Browns. Play tough, good football but also improve that draft status. The Browns are a team that need an infusion of talent. They should be better next season, but playoffs next season is wishful thinking from this outsiders view.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    The Browns are a team that need an infusion of talent. They should be better next season, but playoffs next season is wishful thinking from this outsiders view.
    This "talentless" team has just beat the defending Super Bowl champs, pummeled the team that many say is the best team in the AFC, and lost in the final seconds of OT to a team that is currently in a tie for the best record in the AFC. I don't think it's "wishful" at all to expect a playoff appearance next season.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    This "talentless" team has just beat the defending Super Bowl champs, pummeled the team that many say is the best team in the AFC, and lost in the final seconds of OT to a team that is currently in a tie for the best record in the AFC. I don't think it's "wishful" at all to expect a playoff appearance next season.
    I don't see them being better than the Steelers or the Ravens next season. And it is very, very rare to see both wild card teams come out of the same division.

Turn Off Ads?