Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: The Trade Idea That Just Won't Die

Re: The Trade Idea That Just Won't Die

The Marlins would have to be absolute idiots to sell low on Stanton when they have so many years of control left. They're not trading him until he re-establishes his value, and not a second sooner.

2. Likes:

mth123 (05-06-2013),Old school 1983 (05-07-2013),RedEye (05-07-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    The Marlins would have to be absolute idiots to sell low on Stanton when they have so many years of control left. They're not trading him until he re-establishes his value, and not a second sooner.
    Exactly, reality is an aspect unrealized in this thread

5. Likes:

Number_Fourteen (05-06-2013),Old school 1983 (05-06-2013),RedEye (05-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Career OPS just a few points under 900. Average to above average fielder for his career. Almost 100 HR at age 23.

He is about as objectively not overrated as you can get, and is not even close to being similar as a player to BJ Upton.
    Yeah he's a stud, not a skill player like BJ his power elevates him above that type, but his type would be like what the Reds want from Bruce, and I don't expect them to not pay pitching for that pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Yes, I do.
    Well, there's not a GM in baseball that thinks any differently about him now than 3 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TOBTTReds View Post
    Stopped reading there. Lutz is only big in size, not value.
    I will LOL to this post in a few years. Can I bookmark this and set a reminder?
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

IMO, the deal to be made is Chapman for Stanton (with maybe a couple of extras here or there). Loria is going to need to do more than bring back a passel of prospects in order to recover fan interest and get back on MLB's good side (if that's possible). Chapman has star power and is Cuban. And lives in Miami. He can step into and fill the spotlight that Stanton leaves behind.

I believe both players are under control through 2016. It's a fit. Whether both teams like it, who knows.

10. Likes:

Revering4Blue (05-07-2013),sdwagers (05-07-2013),WrongVerb (05-07-2013)

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    Well, there's not a GM in baseball that thinks any differently about him now than 3 weeks ago.
    How could you possibly know that? Why would a GM not bump up their evaluations of a guy who was just a prospect a few weeks ago who is now a guy with a 2.63 ERA with a 6.58 K:BB ratio in four big league starts? Sure it's a small sample, but this small sample validates minor league numbers.

You have no way of knowing that not one GM out of 30 in baseball views Cingrani better than he did three weeks ago. Frankly, I would imagine most GMs are a little more impressed now that he has done it in the bigs. It's not like he has gone from what the #81 BA prospect to #1, but he has probably moved into the top 50 after his big league success.

12. Likes:

Revering4Blue (05-07-2013)

I'm not saying Beni's necessarily right -- i have no way of knowing -- but this seems like a gross overstatement unless all of the GM's have personally shown you their recent evals of Tony C..
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

24 innings

24 innings
    No one is saying that Cingrani has established himself beyond a reasonable doubt. We're just saying that 24 innings does show something about what he can accomplish at the major league level -- and enough to possible change some GM's minds, or at least peak their interest.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

This thread will turn to moans and groans when Texas or St. Louis acquire Stanton, with their topnotch farm systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    This thread will turn to moans and groans when Texas or St. Louis acquire Stanton, with their topnotch farm systems.
    I see Texas making a play, but not sure about the Cards.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Well, it is the Marlins.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Turn Off Ads?