Thread: Darren McFadden and the Cincinnati Bengals

Re: Darren McFadden and the Cincinnati Bengals

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Why do you hate Mel Kiper, Jr.?
    It's is hair.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I don't see what the Detroit Lions drafting four wideouts have to do with talking about McFadden's talent.
    My point was that taking the best skill players when we already have plenty won't solve our problems...

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    My point was that taking the best skill players when we already have plenty won't solve our problems...
    It's like the Jim Bowden method to managing personnel. The Bengals need defense like the Reds needed pitching, not more outfielders.

No way do the Bengals draft an offensive player in my opinion. Dorsey, Ellis, Long, Laurinitis should be the Bengals draft/wish list- in that order.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    It's like the Jim Bowden method to managing personnel. The Bengals need defense like the Reds needed pitching, not more outfielders.

No way do the Bengals draft an offensive player in my opinion. Dorsey, Ellis, Long, Laurinitis should be the Bengals draft/wish list- in that order.
    amen

You guys can keep thinking Peterson is better than McFadden, but about a year from now you'll agree with me

Peterson can't stay healthy, either.

Peterson is a great RB and runs strong, don't get me wrong, but McFadden is better.

Why do you hate Mel Kiper, Jr.?
    Because if he was as smart as he is suppossed to be he would be Scott Paoli or Bill Polian.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    You guys can keep thinking Peterson is better than McFadden, but about a year from now you'll agree with me

Peterson can't stay healthy, either.

Peterson is a great RB and runs strong, don't get me wrong, but McFadden is better.
    Peterson has had a hard time staying healthy and McFadden is a hell of a back but when Peterson is healthy McFadden is not in his league. Peterson was a National High School Player of the Year. Even with the injuries in college and only playing 3 seasons Peterson was 74 yards short of being OU's All-Time Leading Rusher. Oklahoma has had plenty of fantastic RB's over the years including one fans from Ohio should be familiar-Greg Pruitt. For Peterson to rush for more yards than anyone except 1978 Heisman winner Billy Sims is saying something. Now he's in the NFL. What has he done? He rushed for more yards in his 1st 8 games than any rookie in NFL history. Peterson is the only rookie who has ever had 2 games of over 200 yards rushing in a season. They are comparing this guy to Jim Brown. McFadden could wind up being Ron Dayne for all we know. The NFL is a big leap from college. Anyone remember the name Archie Griffin?

Quote Originally Posted by Handofdeath View Post
    Peterson has had a hard time staying healthy and McFadden is a hell of a back but when Peterson is healthy McFadden is not in his league. Peterson was a National High School Player of the Year. Even with the injuries in college and only playing 3 seasons Peterson was 74 yards short of being OU's All-Time Leading Rusher. Oklahoma has had plenty of fantastic RB's over the years including one fans from Ohio should be familiar-Greg Pruitt. For Peterson to rush for more yards than anyone except 1978 Heisman winner Billy Sims is saying something. Now he's in the NFL. What has he done? He rushed for more yards in his 1st 8 games than any rookie in NFL history. Peterson is the only rookie who has ever had 2 games of over 200 yards rushing in a season. They are comparing this guy to Jim Brown. McFadden could wind up being Ron Dayne for all we know. The NFL is a big leap from college. Anyone remember the name Archie Griffin?
    I will not say that DMAC will be better that Peterson. However, I think that they both will be great backs in the NFL. They r very much a like.

Quote Originally Posted by FIRELEFT View Post
    I will not say that DMAC will be better that Peterson. However, I think that they both will be great backs in the NFL. They r very much a like.
    Agreed and McFadden will look mighty fine in a Cowboys uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Because if he was as smart as he is suppossed to be he would be Scott Paoli or Bill Polian.

He probably makes more money than those two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

He probably makes more money than those two.
    Maybe but wouldnt his ego make him atleast try to run a team?
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Turn Off Ads?