Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs Thread 2011:

Re: NBA Playoffs Thread 2011:

Lakers lost today, very good stuff.

Doubt NO will take the series but a great start nonetheless.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Just a flat out terrible call on the Melo Offensive Foul. You can not make a call like that. Dumbfounded. And the NBA wonders why people say it's "fixed"?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    Just a flat out terrible call on the Melo Offensive Foul. You can not make a call like that. Dumbfounded. And the NBA wonders why people say it's "fixed"?
    If it's so fixed, wouldn't the refs (Knicks fan Stern) want the Knicks to win?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Not impressed with the Spurs showing in Game 1, handing a team that had never won a game in the playoffs a road win against the #1 seed. If they can't win without one of their Big Three, they won't get far in these playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Stern wants higher seeded teams to advance. And the kingpins of the NBA are Boston and Los Angeles. And this year Miami.

The Knicks won't get any calls. Not this year at least.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

That offensive goaltending that wasn't called on OKC was horrible too.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I don't think so. Celtics v. Heat is the matchup of choice. But I don't think it was fixed ... it was just a bad call.

It was compounded by the fact that Toney Douglas was obliterated by KG with an illegal pick that left Ray Allen open for the game winning basket and there was no call.

But the Knicks let that one get away on their own dumb mistakes as well.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

There may be no crying in baseball; but basketball certainly makes up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    I don't think so. Celtics v. Heat is the matchup of choice. But I don't think it was fixed ... it was just a bad call.

It was compounded by the fact that Toney Douglas was obliterated by KG with an illegal pick that left Ray Allen open for the game winning basket and there was no call.

But the Knicks let that one get away on their own dumb mistakes as well.
    Exactly. The Knicks lost because the Celtics outworked them in the second half. The game style was Celtics style.

But those two calls didn't help matters either.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    There may be no crying in baseball; but basketball certainly makes up for it.
    If the officiating in baseball was tipped to the home team's advantage as much as it is in basketball, there would be plenty of crying in baseball.

If the officiating in baseball was tipped to the home team's advantage as much as it is in basketball, there would be plenty of crying in baseball.
    If the game is slanted then why even watch it?

I'm not so sure about that. It seems to me that every sport would love a NYC team in their finals - even over a storied team like the Celtics. I'm not saying that having the Celtics (or the Heat) advance to the finals would be a bad thing for the NBA but having the New York Knicks there would be quite a story.

I'm not sure why the NBA would even bother helping the Celtics out. They are going to shoot themselves in the foot even before they get to the Finals.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    If the game is slanted then why even watch it?
    I think NBA fans are used to it. Home calls are part of the game. It's something that the visiting team has to overcome.

But to answer your question, I don't really watch much NBA unless my team is playing.

The Melo foul call basically handed the Celtics the win. What a terrible call.

The Bulls go to the line 32 times (to 17 for the Pacers) ... Rose takes 21 FTs!

The Heat go to the line 39 times (to 15 for the Sixers) ... Bosh, James and Wade take 32 FTs.

NBA Playoff fever ... catch it.
    The Mavericks go to the line 19 times in the 4th Quarter to the Blazers 2. The favored teams/home teams had a ton more free throw attempts than the road team. Nate McMillan isn't a coach that ever complains about the officiating, but he had no choice but to say after the game, "I don't know what to say". "My players had no idea how to play the game because of it not being consistent on both ends of the floor." That was pretty much a prevailing theme around the league for the Game 1's.

That said, Nate McMillan lost that game by playing Brandon Roy for all but one second of the 4th Quarter, leaving their best defender (at Guard) and best three-point shooter on the bench the whole quarter in Matthews, while also leaving on the bench the entire 4th Quarter, Marcus Camby, who had 18 Rebounds.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 04-18-2011 at 08:56 PM.

Turn Off Ads?