Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Todd Coffey is a Joke!

Todd Coffey is a Joke!

I know that this is an unpopular stance around this board, but i'd just like to note that todd coffey once again gave up a big hit in this game, that basically put them out of it with the weather conditions. It just seems to me that every time coffey gets put in a clutch situation he folds under pressure. I am just so tired of this bullpen not ever being able to hold anything down, it gets ridiculous after awhile. on a lighter note, victor santos looked stellar thus far!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Todd Coffey is a Joke!

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    I know that this is an unpopular stance around this board, but i'd just like to note that todd coffey once again gave up a big hit in this game, that basically put them out of it with the weather conditions. It just seems to me that every time coffey gets put in a clutch situation he folds under pressure. I am just so tired of this bullpen not ever being able to hold anything down, it gets ridiculous after awhile. on a lighter note, victor santos looked stellar thus far!
    His pitch selection was poor, but the bags were full, right? Pretty tough spot.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Get used to the bullpen...WK spent so much time and money on "upgrading" the pen and it doesn't look a whole lot better than last year.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

He was brought into a bad situation and got 2 hitters to put the ball on the ground. Unfortunately one of them found a hole in the infield.

It's one game.

but it wasn't one game last season. when did he fail last year? when he was put into the closers role and had some pressure put on him. as far as im concerned guys that can't perform under pressure are worthless, he's no more than a mop up guy. you could tell he was going to choke when he came in, by the way he was breathing heavy, he has the stuff to be great, but he doesn't have that killer mentality like good relievers do which makes him even more frustrating to me.

.....And so it begins.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    .....And so it begins.
    Had to start sometime. At least that off day bought us 24 hours.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

you could tell he was going to choke when he came in, by the way he was breathing heavy
    That probably has something to do with his inclination to sprint to the mound, which I really wish he would stop doing.

Senor Votto

I don't like Coffey either but what can you do about it

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    That probably has something to do with his inclination to sprint to the mound, which I really wish he would stop doing.
    Or maybe it's a bad Mike Fetters impression.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    I don't like Coffey either but what can you do about it
    We can't do anything, but what is this message board for?

We can't do anything, but what is this message board for?
    It was founded on the idea of intelligent discussion.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Coffey made DeRosa chop the ball on the ground...it found a hole. Coffey was brought into a tough spot, bases loaded, 1 out. This limits pitch selection, because the pitcher doesn't want to fall behind in the count.

Coffey does need to start coming through in situations like this, but allowing a seeing eye single tonight, on a good piece of hitting by DeRosa isn't the end of the world.

160 games left kids.

oh, well pardon me, i guess i considered this intellegent conversation. Personally, I considered that a crucial time in the game.

Did you ever open a thread, read through it, and then wish you hadn't?

EDIT: Thanks for that post, 6-4-3. I didn't see that it had been posted until I made this post and the page reloaded.

Last edited by macro; 04-04-2007 at 10:46 PM.

Turn Off Ads?