Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: The Howl

Re: The Howl

Most of the folks that I see, and some I went to school with, are still living it up at the tailgates before, during and after the game. That is a huge draw. The event is sometimes the afterthought. I have had the opportunity to see many games in different venues. Seems to be, pretty much, the same everywhere. There are your rampant football fans, don't get me wrong, but there are those that love the party more than the game. Some never make it inside the gates.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The highest level of "talent" in Oxford is located in The Grove and often wearing a dress or skirt. That doesn't hurt the pre-game attendance either.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

4. Likes:

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Love how everyone is ignoring the fact that Todd Frazier says he likes the wooing.

Kind of flies in the face of "the players hate it" argument, eh?

the last game i went to was last year where the reds clinched from the dodgers. The howl was the most annoying thing ive witnessed at a game. Its basically drunk men (always male) screaming every 30 seconds at each other. Its not rooting its not cheering. They are vying for attention. Its purpose is to take your attention away from the game and put it on whoever is doing the screaming. I hate it. Im not going to a game until this is done.

7. Likes:

Caveat Emperor (04-19-2013),malcontent (04-19-2013),RedFanAlways1966 (04-19-2013),remdog (04-19-2013),texasdave (04-19-2013),Unassisted (04-19-2013)

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Comparing football environments -- especially college football -- with MLB is foolish IMO.

There are 12 college football games a year. Only 6-7 home games. There are 162 baseball games. 81 home games. Of course a college football game is treated as some huge event. It is. It's like having 14 baseball games wrapped into one. If the Reds were playing one game that counted 14 games in the standings, you don't think there would be bigger hype surrounding the game? You don't think there would be much bigger attendance? You don't think people would be tailgating just like they would for a football game?

Baseball is different. You start tailgating before every baseball game and you're going to end up losing your job, perhaps end up in the hospital, maybe even dead. Gotta pace yourself during a 162-game slate.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by hatcher View Post
    Its basically drunk men (always male) screaming every 30 seconds at each other. Its not rooting its not cheering. They are vying for attention. Its purpose is to take your attention away from the game and put it on whoever is doing the screaming.
    Well... there we go. This post puts a fork in the argument for me. I am sure most people called a psychologist would agree with you. Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Love how everyone is ignoring the fact that Todd Frazier says he likes the wooing.

Maybe he was being disingenuous? He might secretly loathe "The Wooo".
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

Quote Originally Posted by TSJ55 View Post
    Maybe he was being disingenuous? He might secretly loathe "The Wooo".
    Maybe his opinion doesn't represent the whole team as well?

12. Likes:

remdog (04-19-2013)

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I think if we could do an objective SABR-like data pull of wooers vs. non-wooers there would be some interesting correlations.

-I would guarantee that the collective IQ of the non-wooers is higher than the wooers. That doesn’t mean that all wooers have low IQ’s, but overall I bet their IQ’s would be lower.

-I would guarantee that the collective Blood Alcohol Level of the non-wooers is lower than the wooers. That doesn’t mean that all wooers are drunks, but I bet overall, they would have more alcohol in their system.

-I would guarantee that the non-wooers could name more players on the Reds than the wooers. That doesn’t mean that all wooers are low-information/casual fans, but I bet overall, they know less about the team they claim to “follow”.

Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by hatcher View Post
    Its basically drunk men (always male) screaming every 30 seconds at each other. Its not rooting its not cheering. They are vying for attention. Its purpose is to take your attention away from the game and put it on whoever is doing the screaming.
    That's not a very nice way to describe all of our fellow posters here at Redszone

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    That's not a very nice way to describe all of our fellow posters here at Redszone
    OOOhhh i see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post

Ah yes. 1 of 25 players says in public that he likes it. Case closed! He absolutely 100% feels that way, and there is zero doubt that he's telling the truth! And therefore, we can conclude that the rest of the players also share his opinion, thus debunking the ENTIRE "the players hate it thing"!

I worked on my coloring book on a picture of Jimmy Votto and drank a sixer during lunch.

WOOOO!!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    I think if we could do an objective SABR-like data pull of wooers vs. non-wooers there would be some interesting correlations.

-I would guarantee that the collective IQ of the non-wooers is higher than the wooers. That doesn’t mean that all wooers have low IQ’s, but overall I bet their IQ’s would be lower.

-I would guarantee that the collective Blood Alcohol Level of the non-wooers is lower than the wooers. That doesn’t mean that all wooers are drunks, but I bet overall, they would have more alcohol in their system.

-I would guarantee that the non-wooers could name more players on the Reds than the wooers. That doesn’t mean that all wooers are low-information/casual fans, but I bet overall, they know less about the team they claim to “follow”.

Get off my lawn.
    If you see a guy with a clip board tracking down the wooing population at the next game, it'll be me.

I see some linear regressions coming in the future!

Don't forget to count the number of o's in the woo.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?