Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stubbs to the Marlins?

Stubbs to the Marlins?

Always looking for ways to get stubbs off the roster and the Marlins are looking for a center fielder, maybe flip him for Chris Coghlan or Donovan Solano?
    Check Out My Blog at roundinthirdandheadedforhome.mlblogs.com

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Stubbs to the Marlins?

I would imagine Drew is going to be the Reds' starting center fielder on Opening Day 2013.

Over / under 185.5 K's for Drew next year?

I hope he isn't but I agree yet I still look for ways i could hope to see him moved

Quote Originally Posted by TSJ55 View Post
    Over / under 185.5 K's for Drew next year?
    If he can stay healthy, I think he has a good shot at it. Should be a breezy summer in GABP this year. He actually upped his strikeout rate in 2012 over 2011, when he whiffed 205 times. (30.5 to 30.1) That is hard to believe.

By month:

April: 25.8
    May: 26.7
    June: 25.0
    July: 30.0
    August: 36.0
    September: 37.7

He really got after it in the last two months of the season. From August 1st on he struck out 36.4% of the time. If he stays healthy, gets the 681 PA that he got in 2011 and continues at that same rate he will obliterate the K record by striking out a whopping 248 times. In his last 40 starts he posted a .388 OPS. By the end of the season he was going to Wilson Valdez for batting tips. Yet somehow managed to start every game in the playoffs. LOL. I love our manager.
    Last edited by texasdave; 11-29-2012 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    If he can stay healthy, I think he has a good shot at it. Should be a breezy summer in GABP this summer.

So there is one booked for the "over".

I'm going to say most likely over

If he can stay healthy, I think he has a good shot at it. Should be a breezy summer in GABP this summer. He actually upped his strikeout rate in 2012 over 2011, when he whiffed 205 times. (30.5 to 30.1) That is hard to believe.

By month:

He really got after it in the last two months of the season. From August 1st on he struck out 36.4% of the time. If he stays healthy, getting the 681 PA that he got in 2011 and continues at that same rate he will obliterate the K record by striking out a whopping 248 times. In his last 40 starts he posted a .388 OPS. By the end of the season he was going to Wilson Valdez for batting tips. Yet somehow managed to start every game in the playoffs. LOL. I love our manager.
    This is hilarious! Here's to good health and a "productive" year, huh?

I would just non tender him a contract. He is such a waste of space on this roster. I'm really sick of hearing about his speed and D because who ever takes his place will be a upgrade.

Let the kids play!

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TSJ55 View Post
    So there is one booked for the "over".
    Add me
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

I would love for Stubbs to not work on his plate discipline for some other team. That being said, if he stays a Red? "He's fast, dude...that means he bats leadoff."

So count me in for the over.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Under. He won't get enough at bats if he plays like he did last year.

Quote Originally Posted by drowg14 View Post
    Under. He won't get enough at bats if he plays like he did last year.
    That's my guess. I'm not sure he'll be a full time starter next year, whether it's in Cincinnati or elsewhere.

If we can't find an affordable full-time CF option, I'd be willing to consider picking up an inexpensive left-handed bat and setting up a platoon. While the strikeout rate is still a little on the high side, Stubbs historically hits lefties a lot better than righties.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

If he can stay healthy, I think he has a good shot at it. Should be a breezy summer in GABP this year. He actually upped his strikeout rate in 2012 over 2011, when he whiffed 205 times. (30.5 to 30.1) That is hard to believe.

By month:

He really got after it in the last two months of the season. From August 1st on he struck out 36.4% of the time. If he stays healthy, gets the 681 PA that he got in 2011 and continues at that same rate he will obliterate the K record by striking out a whopping 248 times. In his last 40 starts he posted a .388 OPS. By the end of the season he was going to Wilson Valdez for batting tips. Yet somehow managed to start every game in the playoffs. LOL. I love our manager.
    Yeah but his HR off of Cordero was huge, man. Just need to get him going.

I would imagine Drew is going to be the Reds' starting center fielder on Opening Day 2013.
    Duh.

Turn Off Ads?