Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds Fans Get Jobbed By MLB

Reds Fans Get Jobbed By MLB

I'm of the opinion that the 2-3 Divisional Series format puts the home team at a disadvantage. But, even more than the club, the fans of Cincinnati got screwed by this deal.

The Giants got two weekend 6:30 local start time games. Reds fans didn't know until very late what time our games would even start and then we're stuck with a 5:30 and 4:00 weekday start time that make it very difficult for many working people to attend.

I took a bath on my tickets for today's game because I simply cannot get to Cincy from Columbus in time for a 4:00ish first pitch on a weekday.

I hope the ownership of the Reds has a real serious discussion with the MLB about how badly their fan base got screwed with this alignment.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Fans Get Jobbed By MLB

you do realize yankees play today?

also the game was sold out so i think think people are going fine.

Couldn't agree more. I missed the first inning yesterday, and will likely miss the first four innings today. Simply because I work for a living. Moving to a 1, 2, 1, 1 series would only prolong the season 2 days.

Go Reds!
    "I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." - Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    you do realize yankees play today?

also the game was sold out so i think think people are going fine.
    Yes, I realize the Yankees play today, but why can't two games be played at once? It's happened a couple of times already due to weather.

5000+ tickets available on Stub Hub about an hour ago so I think you're quite wrong about it being fine. Club seats going for $60 - about what you'd pay for a Tuesday night game in May. I sold my Outer View seats for $12 each. Again, seems far from fine to me.

Sorry, but MLB doesn't really give a fig about a few thousand Reds fans being inconvenienced. The bottom line is maximizing revenue via the television deal, and apparently, that means showing the games sequentially and saving the prime time slots for the big market teams.

And when you consider that the Reds are sitting at home nine times out of 10, I doubt even they are going to complain too much about a setup that brings in more revenue every year

And now we get a 1pm start for the elimination game???!!!

Where do I file my strongly worded complaint about 3 afternoon games in a row?

I will miss the entire game tomorrow. Guess I'll have to DVR it and stay away from all media until I can watch tomorrow night.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Right now everyone is sounding like a bunch of Cards fans!!!

Ok, I'll bite.

Today there were 4 games, TV money is driving the show.

2 of today's games were in series that were tied at 1-1, those 2 games should've been played today while 75% of America was at work. The SF @ CIN game and the DET - OAK game should've been the 2 games played this evening.

ANY GAME 5 OF A 5 GAME SERIES IS PRIME TIME ENTERTAINMENT!!!! The REDS & the GIANTS GOT SHAFTED BY A 1PM START!!! That is total BS!!!

The total bias of having both NL games during the day both days and both AL games during the evening is a huge slap in the face to the entire league IMO.

I apologize for the soapbox but it's just BS to me.

I ate a club seat. Could have gotten $20 for it on the corner. It didn't sell on Stubhub for $99. The dudes on the corner couldn't even sell views around game time for $10.

Had two clubs for tomorrow and was going to take my wife but she cannot leave school early and I've already taken two half days. Sold them on Stubhub for a little less than face so as not to eat ticket soup again.

Very disappointing to me.

Oakland is on the West Coast so, naturally, they get the late slot.
    Yankees get prime time, no questions asked.

NL teams fight it out for the afternoon slots.

Look at the bright side. If we played in primetime, we wouldn't be able to watch the Ryan-Biden debate!

I sincerely hope that next year:

1. The Reds make the playoffs again, and:
    2. Not a single ticket is sold via their website. Why bother when you can pay a fraction for the games later?

I bought the entire strip for the playoffs. I knew I could only take off work for one game, and went to that inspiring performance Tuesday. I literally haven't found a single person locally who wanted my tickets for yesterday or today. On StubHub, my $57 tickets went for $20 yesterday....and today's game tickets are sitting at $10 and not selling. Other tickets in my section (412) are going for $6.

Why bother paying for tickets when I can cherry pick games from Stubhub next year, and see the entire series for less than the price of a single game?

Hopefully they make it to the NLCS, and I can recoup some of my money on games that may be in primetime. Scalping or not, I've taken a heck of a hit the last two days, and I'm not too happy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by KYRedLeg View Post
    I bought the entire strip for the playoffs. I knew I could only take off work for one game, and went to that inspiring performance Tuesday. I literally haven't found a single person locally who wanted my tickets for yesterday or today. On StubHub, my $57 tickets went for $20 yesterday....and today's game tickets are sitting at $10 and not selling. Other tickets in my section (412) are going for $6.

Why bother paying for tickets when I can cherry pick games from Stubhub next year, and see the entire series for less than the price of a single game?

Hopefully they make it to the NLCS, and I can recoup some of my money on games that may be in primetime. Scalping or not, I've taken a heck of a hit the last two days, and I'm not too happy about it.
    We did the same thing. I was able to get off for Tuesday and Wednesday. Today was impossible as I'm not going to put my job at risk for the game.

My wife and I thought we had someone who was able to use them until about 10 this morning when they told us they couldn't. We took a bath on those. We were in 417...really sucks.

FYI - no crying allowed.

Turn Off Ads?