Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Jason Jennings

Jason Jennings

Ken Rosenthal is saying that Jason Jennings of the rockies might be available. He thew 200 innings and had an era of 3.78 last year. Pretty good for coors field. If he can handle pitching there then he could defenatly pitch at GABP. Question is what are you willing to give for him? I wouldnt do dunn unless they packaged some other players with jennings. Plus im not sure they would want to take on dunns salary.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jason Jennings

I'd love to get him, but I'm not sure we have enough to get him w/o trading Dunn. For Dunn I'd have to get Jennings, a top notch reliever, and a prospect with a pretty decent upside

Senor Votto

I'd definetly want Jennings on the Reds I think he'd help the rotation almost as much as Arroyo did.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    I'd love to get him, but I'm not sure we have enough to get him w/o trading Dunn. For Dunn I'd have to get Jennings, a top notch reliever, and a prospect with a pretty decent upside
    Thats very unrealistic if you ask me.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Yeah..... I dunno, its hard to get an acceptable return for Dunn.

How old is Jennings and how much $$$ does he make?

According to ESPN:

2006 Salary: 4.5 mil.

If we have some offensive options in eye on FA I would do Jennings for Dunn.

The only problem is that before 3.78 ERA, he had 3 years in a row of an ERA in the 5's....

Players who hit .234 and strike out almost 200 times do not get traded for that. Especially not when they are making 7-10 million. You might get one of the three but not all.

The only problem is that before 3.78 ERA, he had 3 years in a row of an ERA in the 5's....
    Yeah, but that's in Coors Field.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Before Dunn would go to Colorado Todd Helton would have to be dealt. Matt Holliday will not be leaving Left Field for the Rockies. I could see a straight up deal. For all his faults as a player, Adam Dunn playing in Coors Field could mean 50 homers or more. The Reds might have to cover a little of Dunn's salary but if they offered Jennings straight up I would do it.

Why not build some package around Jason LaRue and/or David Ross. They had seven different people play catcher last year. I'm not sure what else it would take (obviously significantly more than either of the two catchers), but I think you could put something together. I believe I've heard others around here say the Rockies would be in the market for a catcher. I'm just not in the crowd anxious to send Adam packing.

The Rockies have been in the market for a Catcher for seemingly a while, but seem tentative after trading for Charles Johnson one year. I dont remember him doing a whole lot for the Rockies.

But if Dunn did get traded, the Rox would be one team I don't think I'd be too upset about losing him too.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Why not build some package around Jason LaRue and/or David Ross.
    They have a young catcher named Iannetta who's about ready. They want a top-notch CF, I think. Probably not a good match with the Reds.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Maybe we could slip into Coors Field in the middle of the night and switch out Jason Jennings for Jason Johnson and hope that nobody there notices the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by dunner13 View Post
    Ken Rosenthal is saying that Jason Jennings of the rockies might be available. He thew 200 innings and had an era of 3.78 last year. Pretty good for coors field. If he can handle pitching there then he could defenatly pitch at GABP. Question is what are you willing to give for him? I wouldnt do dunn unless they packaged some other players with jennings. Plus im not sure they would want to take on dunns salary.
    Maybe he could bring one of those humidors with him.

Turn Off Ads?