Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baseball is way more fun when you don't suck

Baseball is way more fun when you don't suck

I'm 26 years old now, and the last time the Reds made the playoffs, I was in like 6th or 7th grade. Damn that's one long ass time!

And my NFL team is the 49ers. Combined with 15 years of the Reds futility and 8 years of the 49ers, that's a cool 23 years of ineptitude for me. I'm guessing most here are Bengals fans though, so I'll take my combo over yours though, ty very much.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

Re: Baseball is way more fun when you don't suck

oh wow, I feel so bad for you, the last time the Reds where good was in 1995, I was three....and don't remember crap. last time the Reds won the Series, I was not even a thought. (AND I'M 18 )

though I agree with your main point, it does feel a lot better when you are winning!
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

im 23 feel the same way. i have only a very vague memory of seeing the reds play the braves in the 1995 playoffs. but the 1999 season was really exciting but that seems a long time ago.

I'm 39 and missed the 1990 year, I was in boot camp from sept. to nov. that year and missed the seriers.

I will never forget chief petty officer Kemper asking how many A's fans we have and then him saying you have 5 minutes to cry as the Reds were up 3 games to 0....Talk about being on lockdown I hadn't heard a word about the series until then, I didn't even know they had played Pittsburg.

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by webbbj View Post
    im 23 feel the same way. i have only a very vague memory of seeing the reds play the braves in the 1995 playoffs. but the 1999 season was really exciting but that seems a long time ago.
    was the 1999 season the season where the Reds lost a 1 game playoff against the Astros? I believe Young lined out to 2nd to end the game?

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice of IH View Post
    was the 1999 season the season where the Reds lost a 1 game playoff against the Astros? I believe Young lined out to 2nd to end the game?
    no it was against the Mets. Al leiter vs Pete Harnisch.

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

did they ever play the astors for for a playoff spot? if not, that is how foggy that memory is lol (I was 6)

Was not Harnisch, it was Steve Parris.

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    Was not Harnisch, it was Steve Parris.
    Don't bring names like those up anymore lol. I'm trying to forget those days.

23 here too, it's finally fun to be able to talk about my favorite team without some kind of a punchline. Soak it in Reds fans and I hope it continues, because we have waited a very long time

Quote Originally Posted by SidneySlicker View Post
    Don't bring names like those up anymore lol. I'm trying to forget those days.
    Why forget those days? 99-00 were good years to be a Reds fan.

When I think of Steve Parris I think of that magical season of 99. Would you rather me bring up Eric Milton, Paul Wilson, Danny Graves (as a starter), some fat dude named Hamilton we had in 02, Todd Van Poppel, Ryan Dempster, Kyle Lohse, Jared Fernandez, and Elmer Dessens?

When I think of Steve Parris I think of that magical season of 99. Would you rather me bring up Eric Milton, Paul Wilson, Danny Graves (as a starter), some fat dude named Hamilton we had in 02, Todd Van Poppel, Ryan Dempster, Kyle Lohse, Jared Fernandez, and Elmer Dessens?
    some gems in this post. lol.

I'm 21 and don't remember much of the '95 playoffs either. This team is so much fun to watch and I think they are just scratching the surface. They have the potential to be awesome for a long time!

Buck Coats, Anderson Machado, Rey Olmedo, William Bergolla, Tony Womack, Tim Hummel, Dwayne Wise.... just wanted to name drop some classic position players

Those were some fun years. The only thing I want to forget was that rainy playoff game vs. the Mets. The Reds could not buy a hit and Ricky Henderson, of all people, with the home run.

Turn Off Ads?