Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Donnie Joseph

Re: Donnie Joseph

Joseph is a lefty though.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Joseph is a lefty though.
    Well then, scratch that. I saw this picture while doing a google search on Joseph and assumed it was right. Still, the other similarities remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Well then, scratch that. I saw this picture while doing a google search on Joseph and assumed it was right. Still, the other similarities remain.
    I dont know how similar they really are.

Joseph is a reliever so these are skewed, but his h/9 is way lower, his k/9 is way higher. Only real comps stat wise is bb/9.

I dont know how similar they really are.

Joseph is a reliever so these are skewed, but his h/9 is way lower, his k/9 is way higher. Only real comps stat wise is bb/9.
    It doesn't necessarily have to be stats-wise. They were both (good) college relievers. They both were selected in the third round by the Reds in the draft. They both throw low to mid 90s heat complemented by a nasty slider. They both dominated the low minors.

Sure, they're not clones, but there are similarities that extend beyond how many guys they strike out.

It doesn't necessarily have to be stats-wise. They were both (good) college relievers. They both were selected in the third round by the Reds in the draft. They both throw low to mid 90s heat complemented by a nasty slider. They both dominated the low minors.

Sure, they're not clones, but there are similarities that extend beyond how many guys they strike out.
    I guess. I dont know if being college relievers, and being good is enough to say they are similar.

I guess. I dont know if being college relievers, and being good is enough to say they are similar.
    Um, I clearly said more than that in two separate posts. I know you were a big Stewart fan, but there's no need to misrepresent my stance because I think Joseph is comparable.

Um, I clearly said more than that in two separate posts. I know you were a big Stewart fan, but there's no need to misrepresent my stance because I think Joseph is comparable.
    Im not misrepresenting it. I'm not agreeing with it.

Im not misrepresenting it. I'm not agreeing with it.
    I certainly went into more depth than you claimed. That's misrepresentation. Besides, I can keep going. Joseph's GB% for his MiL career is 46.5%, Stewart's is 49.5%. Both went to Texas colleges. Both have last names that could be first names. Both project by most to be above-average late inning relievers, IMO.

So, to summarize:

-Both drafted by Reds in 3rd round
    -Both were drafted out of Div. I Texas colleges (Joseph-Houston, Stewart-Texas Tech)
    -Both were college relievers
    -Both throw low to mid 90s fastballs with nasty sliders as complementary pieces
    -Both have similar GB% in their MiL careers
    -Both are likely to end up as high leverage relievers in the Majors
    -Both dominated the low minors to start their professional careers
    -Both have similar name syntax

Like I said, they're not identical, but there are quite a few similarities. And I definitely said it's more than just "college relievers and are good."

I understood every thing you said the 1st 2nd and 3rd time you posted it. I just dont think its similar other than things that you could say about basically every minor league pitcher. Being from two different Texas colleges isnt really similar to me. Being drafted in the 3rd round isnt really a similarity to me. They have things in common, but when it comes to baseball I dont think that makes them similar. My birthdate is the same month and day as Lebron James, and we are both from ohio, doesnt mean anything honestly.

I see how you could say there are things in common, but I dont think they are all that similar other than very basic things.

Joseph has struck out a ton more, gets hit less, is left handed. Those things make me see a different pitcher more than those things you said make me see similar pitchers.

Honestly this is silly. I think you are insulted or something about it, I certainly am just trying to say I dont see the similarities that you see. This isnt a debate really its opinion.
    Last edited by GIDP; 07-06-2010 at 11:53 AM.

Insulted? Nah. But I don't appreciate having my statements mischaracterized. Your opinion is fine, and I have no problem with disagreement. Just keep in mind a little tact can go a long way.

Insulted? Nah. But I don't appreciate having my statements mischaracterized. Your opinion is fine, and I have no problem with disagreement. Just keep in mind a little tact can go a long way.
    I really dont know how on a message board something can be mischaracterized. Everyone can read what you typed. Sorry if you think I some how slighted you in some way. We are so off topic, but I just wanted to make this last statement. Take it how ever you want. Tact or no tact.

Turn Off Ads?