Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mark Fleury (Catcher, UNC)

Re: Mark Fleury (Catcher, UNC)

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Like our 10th round pick Barnhart.
    yea, really hoping they can sign some of these kids.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Joe Mauer....

J/K but seriously that's a tough one. A reasonably disciplined LH hitter with 15-20 HR potential maybe a .260ish hitter. I'd call him a LH hitting version of Hanigan with more pop, less contact and Ramon-ish defensively (I think Hanigan has a better arm than either). That's the best I can do on the little I've read on him.
    I would agree with that, more power then Hanny, not a ton more though. I think he is a good defensive catcher (I agree Han has the best arm of the 3 here), has a better arm then Ramon and calls a good game. He has had some great pitchers to work with his years here, so he has handled a lot of diferent really good pitchers, and knows how to work well with each and their strengths. I dont think he wil lbe a star, but a good, consistant catcher you can put back there and not have any worries about him. Also a great guy, very friendly and a real fav in the clubhouse.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    Jeff Reed? Eddie Taubensee?

Fleury's my guy, first to show. Hand's off! The rest of you can't have him!
    I would def say he is better then either of those guys, and I liked Taub.
    First to show, whatcha mean?
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by princeton View Post
    Craig Tatum? Dane Sardinha?
    Brutal.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Brutal.
    Tatum has some major league skills. They just aren't with the lumber. Tatum's defense though, is major league ready without a doubt in my mind. You can do a lot worse than Craig Tatum.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Tatum has some major league skills. They just aren't with the lumber. Tatum's defense though, is major league ready without a doubt in my mind. You can do a lot worse than Craig Tatum.
    What about his arm Doug, where would you rank it with Hanigan and Ramon? For some reason I've always thought his arm wasn't all that great.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    I would agree with that, more power then Hanny, not a ton more though. I think he is a good defensive catcher (I agree Han has the best arm of the 3 here), has a better arm then Ramon and calls a good game. He has had some great pitchers to work with his years here, so he has handled a lot of diferent really good pitchers, and knows how to work well with each and their strengths. I dont think he wil lbe a star, but a good, consistant catcher you can put back there and not have any worries about him. Also a great guy, very friendly and a real fav in the clubhouse.
    Thanks for the info bounty. He sounds like a great partner for Hanigan here in a couple of years.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    So he's a backup catcher at the big league level, maybe. That doesn't get me excited about Fleury if that's his comp as princeton stated.

So he's a backup catcher at the big league level, maybe. That doesn't get me excited about Fleury if that's his comp as princeton stated.
    Look again, there were question marks by that, he wasnt stating that, was asking, not sure if in joke or not though .
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

If a 4th rounder becomes your backup catcher, that's a successful draft pick.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

If a 4th rounder even makes it to the bigs, it's a pretty successful pick.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    And if he's actually more of a platooner than a backup even better. Especially due to him being the LH part of a platoon.

--Woody Hayes

I'm just jerking gm's chain. I hope that Fleury is the next Jason Larue, and I can't give a comp (like Lonnie Roa ) until he picks up a wood bat.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    True. Still doesn't "get me excited" though.

Quote Originally Posted by princeton View Post
    I'm just jerking gm's chain. I hope that Fleury is the next Jason Larue, and I can't give a comp (like Lonnie Roa ) until he picks up a wood bat.
    Gotcha. I was hoping you were joking because I sure hope Fleury turns into more than Dane Sardinha.

Turn Off Ads?