Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds Caravan 2010 - Merged

Reds Caravan 2010 - Merged

I'm planning on attending the Dayton stop of the Caravan at the Air Force Museum. I haven't been to one in years so I was wondering if any of you knew if I should plan on getting there early? If so, how early? It starts at 3:00 and I have the day off, but don't wanna sit there all day if I don't have to. Also do they serve any kind of refreshments/food at all?

Thanks in advance for your info!
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Question about caravan.

I thought this was funny:

Highlight of the Caravan send off: Todd Frazier asked someone about Marty Brennaman’s “brother Thom.” Marty promised to not let Frazier or Thom live than one down. Marty also got the Caravan rolling by lighting Reds staffers Jamie Ramsey, Larry Herms Ryan Rizzo and Zach Bonkowski up for wearing coats and ties.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/

And then video of Marty mentioning Frazier confusing Thom for his brother. Funny stuff.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...BhvsekS3z9A%3D

Reds Caravan Stop - Charleston, WV

Made it today to the Charleston Towne Center for the 2010 version of the Reds Caravan. This year, the group making the trip included Dusty Baker, Eric Davis, Paul Janish, Chris Heisey, Gene Bennett, Jim Kelch and the Cowboy. Also there was mascot Rosie Red.

A poor PA system meant many did not hear what the players and others had to say (the only one I could hear clearly was Brantley), but in one-on-one, Kelch was very forthcoming about his move to the Reds broadcast booth (he's very, very happy). Dusty kept telling me over and over that we would win this year--shook his fist and all. Davis seemed preoccupied with something, but was friendly as was Janish. I told Heisey that he was the next all-star Red and he actually blushed and said he hoped so.

It was a good day, but the crowd seemed slimmer. Maybe it was my imagination.

Re: Reds Caravan 2010 - Merged

My wife works for the Louisville Metro government and since the Reds donate money to local ballparks they had a meet and greet this afternoon prior to the caravan stop. She invited me along for the ride as well thankfully.

While there I was able to meet Jay [has a vise grip handshake], Todd Frazier [has a dead fish handshake], Todd Benzinger, as well as seeing some of the front office staff. It was a much more intimate setting than the actual caravan which had a healthy line of fans all the way through the slugger museum at the time I was leaving.

I also was able to meet Redszone favorite C. Trent Rosecrans who was there just kind of milling about. Very polite, well spoken man all in all.

Jay said he honestly believes the team has just as good a chance to win this division as any other team if they stay healthy.

Thom basically stated he KNOWS that 2010 will not be a losing season and he would be money on it. Doesn't he know that got a very prominent member of the Reds of the past in trouble? Jeez.

Anyway, it was kinda cool getting the VIP treatment there with the owners, players, and staff for my beloved Redlegs. Hope everyone has a similarly pleasant experience.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

High five!

Re: Reds Caravan Stop - Charleston, WV

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Dusty kept telling me over and over that we would win this year--shook his fist and all.
    He shook his fist?

Whoa!

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

The Wednesday send off for the caravan at the Reds HOF was a great event...Marty was, as usual, very opinionated with the usual victims (LaRussa, Scott Boras) taking on some of his venom.....a post earlier mentioned Marty giving others "the business" for wearing coats and ties. It is interesting to see the differences between the Reds and Indians caravans...the Reds caravan seems much, much looser and in my opinion, more fun...while the Tribe caravan is much more formal and stuffier...with EVERYONE connected to the team in coats and ties....as far as Dayton on Saturday, I would say get there at 2pm at the latest and the Air Force museum does have a restaurant..

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1966 View Post
    The Wednesday send off for the caravan at the Reds HOF was a great event...Marty was, as usual, very opinionated with the usual victims (LaRussa, Scott Boras) taking on some of his venom.....a post earlier mentioned Marty giving others "the business" for wearing coats and ties. It is interesting to see the differences between the Reds and Indians caravans...the Reds caravan seems much, much looser and in my opinion, more fun...while the Tribe caravan is much more formal and stuffier...with EVERYONE connected to the team in coats and ties....as far as Dayton on Saturday, I would say get there at 2pm at the latest and the Air Force museum does have a restaurant..
    Thanks for the info!
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Made it today to the Charleston Towne Center for the 2010 version of the Reds Caravan. This year, the group making the trip included Dusty Baker, Eric Davis, Paul Janish, Chris Heisey, Gene Bennett, Jim Kelch and the Cowboy. Also there was mascot Rosie Red.

A poor PA system meant many did not hear what the players and others had to say (the only one I could hear clearly was Brantley), but in one-on-one, Kelch was very forthcoming about his move to the Reds broadcast booth (he's very, very happy). Dusty kept telling me over and over that we would win this year--shook his fist and all. Davis seemed preoccupied with something, but was friendly as was Janish. I told Heisey that he was the next all-star Red and he actually blushed and said he hoped so.

It was a good day, but the crowd seemed slimmer. Maybe it was my imagination.
    I didn't get a chance to make it down there today, unfortunately. I was hoping to get Eric Davis's autograph. Oh well, maybe next year at Redsfest.

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    He shook his fist?

Whoa!

He must mean business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    He must mean business.
    No doubt about it, dude...

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    He must mean business.
    But did he have his toothpicks there as well?!

Hope everyone has fun at the Caravan this weekend. I wish I could go to one of the stops but this weekend is insanely busy for me.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    But did he have his toothpicks there as well?!

Hope everyone has fun at the Caravan this weekend. I wish I could go to one of the stops but this weekend is insanely busy for me.
    No toothpicks, but he had a very handsome hat, er cap on. Kind of like an English driving cap, but bigger and had a big ball on top. Cool, dude.

I went to the Bloomington stop today... Definitely awesome group with Bruce, Frazier, Rolen, Benzinger, Thom, Walt, and Phil Castellini... Thanked Phil/Walt for signing Chapman... Asked Walt about Henry Rodriguez's defense and he said it was "excellent"... All involved seemed very excited about the future.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Check out this picture of a Reds fan at the Caravan:

http://ow.ly/i/oWR

Wow, now that is a diehard fan.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 01-29-2010 at 07:16 PM.

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Check out this picture of a Reds fan at the Caravan:

http://ow.ly/i/oWR

Wow, now that is a diehard fan.
    Admit it, that's you!

Turn Off Ads?