Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Doc sez Krivsky FIRED!

Re: Doc sez Krivsky FIRED!

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    I got along well with Wayne, though he was as close to the vest, borderline paranoid a guy as I've dealt with. Sometimes, his silence was very effective: The Reds got F. Cordero before the Brewers even knew Cincinnati was interested. But it could also be off-putting.:
    I kind of doubt this is true.
    The Brewers GM said they made Cordero an offer. Cordero came back saying he got a little bit more from the Reds and wanted the Brewers to up their offer. The Brewers GM said that he wasn't getting into a bidding war and made their best offer.

Cordero was out to maximize his paycheck.Nothing wrong with that.

It's not believable that one morning the Brewers GM was stunned and surprised that Cincy came out of nowhere and scooped up Cordero
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    OK, I linked on at 3:58pm. Did they have it before 4pm?
    I ended up going to one of the TV stations for their live feed.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    I see it like this.... Volquez (now) > Bailey (now) ..... Kemp (now) > Hamilton (now)
    I get the Volquez/Bailey thing but how can you say Kemp>Hamilton while Hamilton is putting up such numbers in Texas?

Very interesting interview with bob on WLW ....
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

I learned one thing for sure with Castellini.

We seen it with Narron, we seen it with Mac and now we have seen it with Krivsky. I learned you don’t want him to compliment you, it is like the kiss on the cheek, soon you will be gone.

The reasons for firing Krivsky?

1. The horrible trade with Washington.

2. Numerous eating of contracts despite being two year deals (Castro, Stanton, Cormier). Underperforming contracts (Patterson, Freel and Coffey).

3. Relationships with front office employees (see Johnny Alvarez).

Bottom line we don't know what was going on behind the scenes in the Reds front office. But I think ownership didn't like the direction Krivsky was going with this club.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

I get the Volquez/Bailey thing but how can you say Kemp>Hamilton while Hamilton is putting up such numbers in Texas?
    I think he is saying Kemp > Hamilton in terms of being a better fit for the Reds.

Kemp is a righty. Doesn't have the baggage. Maybe less injury prone (not sure about that).

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Did Castellini not look absolutely exhausted? And he jumped some reporters tailend for including the previous ownerships GM changes in with his. He was harsh there.
    It was Hall of Famer Hal McCoy who got the brunt of that one. I was surprised.

Several times, I heard Jockety talk about delegating jobs. He said it enough times that it makes me think this may have been an issue.
    Considering that Walt has the additional title of Club President of Baseball Operations, he'll have more need to delegate. I'm sure the short notice gave Jocketty had a lot of leverage to dictate the terms of his new role.
    /r/reds

Jock doesn't sound much like "GMing" at all. Probably looking who he can get in this offseason. Sounds like Wayne's officers will be the GM as temps.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    If he reacts this way to a 9-12 start who is getting fired when this team hits a long losing streak. As bad as this start has been this team has not even hit the brutal part of the schedule yet. That comes in June.
    Bob said that last season's disaster played a big part in it too.
    I think it was mighty patient of Bob to give Wayne more offseason to fix things.

Let's face it, Wayne spent basically the entire winter picking up Volquez and little else after winning the Cordero bidding war. That's not going to impress Cast after coming off a 72 win season. It's a clear case of Wayne not implementing the Boss' plan. I'm surprised Wayne wasn't canned at the end of last season. Bob has been amazingly patient. He sees this year's team for what it is.. only marginally better than last year, and a team that will not win 81 games (.500) without changes.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

I saw this at school, and needless to so I was shocked. I just didn't see this coming, not right now. It's really, really stange timing. I think everyone thought the heat was on Krivsky when Walt was hired by Cast, but if that was the overriding factor, why not just give Wayne the boot in the offseason? Even if he fired up after the 1-7 stretch, you could have pointed at it. Coming off a big win 19 games into the season? It's just strange. I'm curious to know if something happend between Krivsky and somebody with the club a night or so ago. It just come out of the left field.

As for the firing, I'm sort of indifferent. It certainly isn't as easy as the Bowden, O'Brien, Boone, Miley, or Narron firings. Krivsky did some good things, and he did some bad thing. He rebuilt 40% of the rotation, but other than that what has he made better? The offense is much worse. The bullpen is probably about the same, maybe alittle better. The defense and bench are still awful.

If there is one thing I think people are giving Krivsky too much credit for, it's the farm season. For the most part, these aren't his guys. The only thing he has done is really not mess it up. Cueto, Bruce, Bailey, Votto, and Encarnacion were all guys who were here already. He has acquire some "interesting" prospects, but he certainly has not rebuilt the Reds farm system, that goes to Dan O'Brien, Krivsky just did a good job not messing it up.

In the end, we haven't won under Krivsky. I guess nobody can defend him for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    It was Hall of Famer Hal McCoy who got the brunt of that one. I was surprised.
    Yikes... Hal's tough. He can take it.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Kemp's not playing everyday.

Only Joe Torre has the answer as to why, for us.

Hamilton also still struggles vs. LHP. I'm not saying it as a knock on him, just pointing it out as fact. I also wonder if Hamilton will be able to hold up for a full season of 140+ games.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan View Post
    I learned one thing for sure with Castellini.

We seen it with Narron, we seen it with Mac and now we have seen it with Krivsky. I learned you don’t want him to compliment you, it is like the kiss on the cheek, soon you will be gone.
    Bob complimented Dusty Baker during the post-presser interview on WLW.

He also mentioned his disgust over the team's recent "lackadaisical play."

/r/reds

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Be afraid, Dusty...be very afraid

Turn Off Ads?