Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Bengals vs. Bills - Last Chance for Contention

Re: Bengals vs. Bills - Last Chance for Contention

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    He has even managed to ruin the offensive line and when the line goes the whole offense slowly crumbles.
    I can not fault ML for the injuries that have hit the OL.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    If the Bidwells still own the Cardinals, you can best believe that the Browns will own the Bengals for a loooooong time.
    I gave up hope of the Browns ever selling the team a long time ago. I thought they might have made some concessions to the modern era in 2003, but as it turns out it's the same bill of goods, just delivered with a little more professionalism.

I wonder: does Mike Brown think he's good at being a football executive? Is he capable of that much delusion?

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    I wonder: does Mike Brown think he's good at being a football executive? Is he capable of that much delusion?

I suppose it depends on one's definition of that. And I would guess Brown's definition is the only one that matters. Maybe he feels that if the Bengals are making money he is doing a good job. If they win, that's just gravy. Mind you that's not most people's definition of being a good football executive but his is the only bote that counts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I suppose it depends on one's definition of that. And I would guess Brown's definition is the only one that matters. Maybe he feels that if the Bengals are making money he is doing a good job. If they win, that's just gravy. Mind you that's not most people's definition of being a good football executive but his is the only bote that counts.
    Mike Brown is a liar then. He and his buddies like Ken Broo mention anytime they can that he lives and dies with the Bengals each Sunday. It just kills me that this man is the son of Paul Brown. It's not fair to the old man.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody View Post
    The d-line yesterday was just pathetic. They can't stop the run and they can't rush the passer, other than that...they're pretty good.
    Are you talking about Cincy or Cleveland? Because it nails both teams.

And that is what perplexes me about our respective coaches.... they both got their head coaching opportunities because of their resumes/work on previous defenses (Ravens, Patriots).

If they could do it on those respective teams, then why not now? How about something even remotely close?

Is it possible they are getting more credit then they deserve? So far it appears so.

At least when Dick LeBeau was the Bengal's head coach he lived up to his rep of building good defenses.

I started the season thinking that 10-6 was a pretty reachable record. Now I think that 6-10 will be the absolute best they can do.[/quote]
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Mike Brown is a liar then. He and his buddies like Ken Broo mention anytime they can that he lives and dies with the Bengals each Sunday. It just kills me that this man is the son of Paul Brown. It's not fair to the old man.

I'm just speculating, I don't know. Perhaps calling him a liar is rather strong. Peraps he feels that he is doing the best job that he can running the team and injuries and bad breaks are what is keeping them from the success they had 2 years ago. A case could be made for that. From my perspective as someone who is not a Bengals fan, I don't think Mike Brown is doing a good job running the Bengals. The results speak for themselves. I think if they found someone who could run the team and let Mike sit in his box and sign the checks it would be a big step in the right direction. I don't think Marvin Lewis is a good coach. That statement would have been heresey as much as a year ago but it's not a disciplined team. I think there are worse coaches out there that are employed and maybe Marvin is good enough to led a healthy team to the playoffs every once in a while. But I don't think he is the man to take the Bengals to the promised land.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Check out Mike Brown's wikipedia page. Hurry, it may not last long this way.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Nice picture choice
    Go Gators!

Succeeded by
    The Scarecrow from the wizard of Oz
    Wow. That's funny.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

If the Bidwells still own the Cardinals, you can best believe that the Browns will own the Bengals for a loooooong time.
    Don't know what the Cardinals have to do with it, but I agree completely with the second part. And so does this guy.Attachment 5100

Quote Originally Posted by 5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM View Post
    Don't know what the Cardinals have to do with it, but I agree completely with the second part. And so does this guy.Attachment 5100

My point was that the Bidwell family has owned the Cardinals ever since they were in Chicago and they have historically been terrible - even worse than the Bengals. At least the Bengals have been to 2 Super Bowls. If the NFL won't step in and make the Bidwells sell, there isn't any way they will make the Browns sell.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?