Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds Caravan 2009

Reds Caravan 2009

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Caravan 2009

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post
    Can't wait to meet the Cowboy
    He was a bit cranky last year.

I can't wait to see who's coming with Thom..

Does anyone know where the Dayton stop will be at?

never been to the Caravan but will probably hit the one in Charleston this year....How early should one get there to make sure he gets autographs and such? Are they usually overly crowded?

They are usally crowded?

I get Marty's Crew.. Maybe someone will bring up obp while he's got a mic. Last year we got the brother of Cast, The Cowboy, Duhhhsty, Jay Bruce, Ryan Freel, and Gene Bennett. Be keeping my eyes out for who is scheduled to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by tigh24 View Post
    never been to the Caravan but will probably hit the one in Charleston this year....How early should one get there to make sure he gets autographs and such? Are they usually overly crowded?
    Last year I went to the Muncie stop and got there just before it started. I was surprised how crowded it was. It was in a car dealership and all the chairs were taken and I was crammed against the back wall. I would advise that you get there an hour before it starts. I was able to get autographs, though. They hand out (at least at this locations) slips with letters on them. Then call all the "A"s first, then all the "B"s, etc. So I had to wait awhile but I got the autographs.

Quote Originally Posted by Donder View Post
    Last year I went to the Muncie stop and got there just before it started. I was surprised how crowded it was. It was in a car dealership and all the chairs were taken and I was crammed against the back wall. I would advise that you get there an hour before it starts. I was able to get autographs, though. They hand out (at least at this locations) slips with letters on them. Then call all the "A"s first, then all the "B"s, etc. So I had to wait awhile but I got the autographs.
    Get there early. I think the schedule says 315-415. If its like last year they take questions from the fans and then lineup for autographs. Odds are there will be a really long line (I got there after class at 245 last year and got a decent spot) for autographs. Also depends on whos there may affect attendance.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Oooo, Polaris this year! That's so close to my campus! I hope its a lot better than being stuck shoulder to shoulder with someone at Flannigans!
    Let's make some noise!

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

I, for one, will miss the stop at Flannagans---sure it got crowded; but it was a blast knockin' back a few cold ones, eating pizza or some other greasy good bar food, getting loud with friends and watching Marty make some off handed comments....Polaris is nice--but at 11am on a Sunday, things will be a little too antiseptic...

Why does Virginia get left out of "reds country"? I am from the southwestern part of the state and there are a ton of Reds fans here. They skip us and go down into TN.....

I won't miss having Frickers as the Dayton stop

It was way too small for the event

I hope the new stop is in a much larger location

Where in Dayton would be a bigger place? They must have a place picked out since date has been set.

Dayton location is the Air Force Museum...

Quote Originally Posted by timothy1 View Post
    Dayton location is the Air Force Museum...
    Thats a pretty cool place even before the Reds get there.

Turn Off Ads?