Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 10/2/2012 Reds at Cardinals

Re: 10/2/2012 Reds at Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    (Aroldis is) good again!

Suck it Cardinals!
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)
    Can Thom be any more dramatic there?? Geeeez

Reds bullpen was nails in a playoff atmosphere tonight. Marshall, Broxton, Chapman....The place was almost silent.

The best way to shut down an opposing crowd is a filthy bullpen.

What a weapon to have in a short series. Tonight was the perfect example of that. These guys are absolute 400 pound gorillas at the end of a ballgame.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)
    Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    Reds bullpen was nails in a playoff atmosphere tonight. Marshall, Broxton, Chapman....The place was almost silent.

The best way to shut down an opposing crowd is a filthy bullpen.

What a weapon to have in a short series. Tonight was the perfect example of that. These guys are absolute 400 pound gorillas at the end of a ballgame.
    This

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Suck it Cardinals!
    and Chrissy Carpenter gets the loss.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Bow tie Tuesday....on a roll...4 in a row...
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

So glad for a couple of things. Latos got rewarded for a great outing with the win. So many times this season, great starts were not rewarded. Johnny Cueto is one example

Good to see Rolen get hot and stick it to the Cardinals.

Add to that Chapman's velocity and it was a good night.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

I LOVE the fact that the Cardinals didn't get to celebrate a wildcard clinch by beating the Reds tonight.

If they clinch later by the Dodgers losing, so be it. But at least we didn't have to watch them celebrate!
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Go Dodgers!

Yay, we don't suck anymore
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

My negativity about the offense worked tonight. You're welcome.

I don't think Mr. Carpenter did his team any favors by throwing a few games. I only saw a couple of innings, but what I saw was a flat curve and an 87 MPH fastball. Not exactly heroic, although he would probably tell you that his pitching was a morale boost that propelled his team into the playoffs.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I don't think Mr. Carpenter did his team any favors by throwing a few games. I only saw a couple of innings, but what I saw was a flat curve and an 87 MPH fastball. Not exactly heroic, although he would probably tell you that his pitching was a morale boost that propelled his team into the playoffs.
    His curve is a work in progress but he did strike out seven Reds batters. Some of his stuff looked nasty. I think he's at the point now in his pitching where it would be like an early start in April after Spring training. I think what he's done is remarkable considering that he got a rib removed and has not pitched all year long. If the Cards do move on to the playoffs, he will be a good weapon for the Cardinals.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    His curve is a work in progress but he did strike out seven Reds batters. Some of his stuff looked nasty. I think he's at the point now in his pitching where it would be like an early start in April after Spring training. I think what he's done is remarkable considering that he got a rib removed and has not pitched all year long. If the Cards do move on to the playoffs, he will be a good weapon for the Cardinals.
    Right, heroic even. I would be fine facing Carpenter in the playoffs, I'll put it that way.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Right, heroic even. I would be fine facing Carpenter in the playoffs, I'll put it that way.
    I'm going to give the benefit of doubt who is a career 9-2 in the playoffs.

Turn Off Ads?