Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NFC Championship

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: NFC Championship

This is probably the opposite of what tonight's game will be...which will be smash mouth, defense, hard knocks, low scoring...blood, pulp, guts...crappy weather...

2. Turn Off Ads?

I was hoping PHI beacuse i was thinking McNabb could give the finger to Philly by winning and then leaving....and since i dislike both PITT and BAL...it makes it even better.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

You couldn't predict this...the Arizona Cardinals are going to the Super Bowl.

The beauty of the NFL in every city but Cincinnati.

Congratulations to the Cardinals, spectacular performance. I'll be rooting for them in the Super Bowl.

Ok I am officially ready for baseball season...

Kurt Warner may have just guaranteed his eventual induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
    I'm trying to think of other quarterbacks who lead two different teams to the Super Bowl. Craig Morton was the QB of both the 1970 Cowboys and 1977 Broncos, both of whom lost the Super Bowl, but Morton was more of a caretaker QB than a leader;both of those teams won their conference primarily because of their defense.
    Earl Morrall was voted the NFL MVP in 1968, while taking the Colts to Super Bowl III, where he ran into Joe Namath and the Jets. He relieved an injured Johnny Unitas two years later in Super Bowl V, an error filled game in which his Colts did rally to defeat Craig Morton's Cowboys. Morrall also quarterbacked the 1972 Dolphins for much of their 1972 unbeaten season, after Bob Griese was hurt, but Griese came back to QB Miami in the AFC championship and Super Bowl games.
    I can't recall any other examples.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

The fact that Arizona has made it to the Super Bowl after years of embarrassing football gives you hope as a Bengals fan....Oh wait, Mike Brown is still the owner.
    I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball. -- Pete Rose

2009 Record while in attendance: Terrible

Quote Originally Posted by highheat11 View Post
    The fact that Arizona has made it to the Super Bowl after years of embarrassing football gives you hope as a Bengals fan....Oh wait, Mike Brown is still the owner.
    Cardinals had to move twice, so maybe the Portland Bengals will finally make it
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by highheat11 View Post
    The Bidwell family isn't much better.

Arizona has been the beneficiary of circumstance. If anything, the fact that this game was played in Glendale helped give the Cardinals the win. If this had been in Philly, forget it. The defense hasn't been overly spectacular, with the exception of last weeks dismantling of a Jake Delhomme led Carolina offense.

Say what you want about Kurt Warner (and he is one of my favorite players of all time), but a lot of the credit IMO goes to Ken Whisenhunt. To my knowledge, he may be the first successful coach to ever come out of the Bill Cowher coaching tree. I would say he has had as much of an impact in the Cardinals turnaround than anybody, including Kurt Warner.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Cardinals had to move twice, so maybe the Portland Bengals will finally make it
    Hahahaha
    I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball. -- Pete Rose

2009 Record while in attendance: Terrible

Excellent game. Congrats to Warner and the Cardinals.

But I have to admit that it sure looked like pass interference by the Cards on the last pass play by the Eagles.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post

But I have to admit that it sure looked like pass interference by the Cards on the last pass play by the Eagles.
    Evened things up for the referees blowing that call in the first half when the Cardinals recovered a kickoff wrongfully ruled to have gone out of bounds, with the ball being given to the Eagles.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

I'm really surprised the Cardinals won the game. I expected the Eagles to win it by a lot. Congratulations to the Cardinals and their QB, Kurt Warner.

I like Kurt Warner a lot and I don't want to take too much credit away from him, but I think I could look like a pretty good QB if I was throwing to Larry Fitzgerald.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Take Larry Fitzgerald away and Arizona isnt even at the stadium. Fitzgerald just told Warner to throw it in his general direction and that he was going to single handedly win the NFC Title... which he did.

McNabb did his best to get them back in it. And even provided some drama by taking a 25-24 lead. Unfortunately for McNabb he left Fitzgerald too much time.
    Last edited by Slyder; 01-19-2009 at 02:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Turn Off Ads?