Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mystery Team Claims Dunn off Waivers?

Re: Mystery Team Claims Dunn off Waivers?

Mets, Giants, Rockies or Padres. Even an outside shot of it being a team like the Cubs hoping to get him and then re-sign him for next season.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    '19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    Mets, Giants, Rockies or Padres. Even an outside shot of it being a team like the Cubs hoping to get him and then re-sign him for next season.
    Agreed. My money would be on the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    Cubs aren't going to risk having to pay 4mil, they are in paycut mode. They can sign him in the offseason just as easy if he isn't on the team, Dunn will go where the money is.

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    Cubs aren't going to risk having to pay 4mil, they are in paycut mode. They can sign him in the offseason just as easy if he isn't on the team, Dunn will go where the money is.
    Doing it now wouldn't cost them a draft pick like signing him in the offseason would. If he were to make it clear he was testing the free agent market they could offer him arbitration and gain draft picks from him.

Not saying they will do it, just saying that it's actually a pretty logical move.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRed1966 View Post
    Please show me one piece of evidence that Dunn was a problem in the clubhouse. According to his Nationals teammates he is a leader.

"It would difficult," Stammen said. "The biggest thing, I think, would be in the clubhouse. He's such a resounding presence. He's not rah-rah, but he's a leader. We look up to him. We love having him on the team. Hopefully he'll be here for years to come."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...080500117.html

I guess I could put it this way...If Adam Dunn was in the Reds plans he would have never been traded. It is well documented that Adam Dunn wasn't a "Leader" in the Reds young clubhouse. Are the player going to come out and bad mouth a former teammate? The answer is no but we have all hear the whispers.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRed1966 View Post
    Please show me one piece of evidence that Dunn was a problem in the clubhouse. According to his Nationals teammates he is a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Fon Duc Tow View Post
    That pretty much sums it up.

Did you break into Dave Miley's house to take that picture?

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I think that's Junior's isn't it? Or did he lend it to Big Donkey?

With Youkalis out, wouldn't surprise me if the surprise team was the Red Sox.

Cardinals claimed him. They're thinking about benching Pujols and listening to all the Redzone fans who adore Adam Dunn.

Johnny Cueto Fan

Hopefully an AL team claimed him. Gives Votto a better chance at the crown

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

The Giants were not the team awarded the waiver claim for Adam Dunn, according to the San Francisco Chronicle's Henry Schulman.

Schulman believes the Dodgers put in the priority claim. Others have suggested it might be the Phillies. Both were ahead of the Giants in line for a chance at Dunn.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=MLB"][URL="http:

Quote Originally Posted by Lockdwn11 View Post
    I guess I could put it this way...If Adam Dunn was in the Reds plans he would have never been traded. It is well documented that Adam Dunn wasn't a "Leader" in the Reds young clubhouse. Are the player going to come out and bad mouth a former teammate? The answer is no but we have all hear the whispers.

Why were the Phillies going after Cliff Lee this year?

Half a decade and we're still worrying about "chairgate"

I wonder how many players are here that were actually on the team when this happened, lets count...

And the answer is 1, Aaron Harang.

Sometimes, it's just good to let it go.

Adam Dunn could definitely help this team by giving it another big time bat to help Joey Votto and Scott Rolen, and take pressure off of young Jay Bruce. Will the Reds do it, probably not, and maybe they shouldn't. But using the massage chair incident from 5 years ago probably isn't the best point in illustrating Dunn's usefulness and value to team.

To this point in the season:

Adam Dunn WAR - 3.4
    Johnny Gomes WAR - 0.0

The Reds would be replacing a, well, replacement level player, with a guy who is the 29th best position player in MLB in terms of WAR. Now Dunn would have to play LF, so his value would take a hit. But lets not kid ourselves, Adam Dunn would be a massive upgrade over Johnny Gomes.
    Last edited by GaiusBallstar; 08-07-2010 at 02:35 AM.

Turn Off Ads?