Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Is it time to fire Doc Hollywood?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 22.03%
  • No

45 76.27%
  • Give him more time to hang himself!

1 1.69%
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it time for a new team doctor?

Re: Is it time?

Kremchek is pretty bad. I remember a couple years ago Rolen looked like he needed to go on the 15-day DL to rest his shoulder. Anyone who watched games could see this. They interviewed Kremhack and he was like "No, Scott just needs a couple days of rest." Boom, two days later Rolen goes on the DL.

This is just one of many examples. He lets Votto play on what he thought was a "minor" knee injury in 2012. Whoops! My bad! It actually needs surgery. I hope you guys didn't invest $225 million in this guy with a medical director like me around. Hey, did you see my latest commercial?

Latos is fine. Nothing to worry about with his arm. He'll be ready for the start of the season or by mid-April at the latest. Derp! I mean, maybe he'll miss the entire season. One of the two.

Yeah, go ahead and sign Ryan Madson. He checked out just fine.

When is my tee time?

I wish I could vote yes 100 times in this poll.

2. Turn Off Ads?

This might be the most ridiculous conversation that keeps coming up on RedsZone and that is saying something. You guys do know that new injuries can occur? Kremcheck said that Latos would be back in a few weeks after minor knee surgery. Then he got sidelined with elbow pain and that is Kremcheck's fault? What the.....?

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    This might be the most ridiculous conversation that keeps coming up on RedsZone and that is saying something. You guys do know that new injuries can occur? Kremcheck said that Latos would be back in a few weeks after minor knee surgery. Then he got sidelined with elbow pain and that is Kremcheck's fault? What the.....?
    You're leaving out the part about Latos having offseason elbow surgery (which always concerned me more than the knee). Kremchek completely disregarded that when he went on WLW and was like "Oh, he'll be fine. Nothing to see here." That's the OP's point. Why is Kremchek constantly talking out of his rear end and saying things that end up being completely false? If it was a one or two times issue, no big deal. But he's done this countless times with countless players. I feel you, OP. I feel the exact same way.

And please defend Kremchek supposedly giving Ryan Madson a medical examination and determining he was healthy, right before the Reds wasted millions of dollars signing a seriously-injured Madson. The Phillies knew about it.

Do I have a medical degree?

Was I there for Latos' 2 surgeries?

Did I examine Latos' arm?

Did I conduct the MRI?

Then what do I know about how qualified this man is?

6. Likes:

Always Red (04-14-2014),dougdirt (04-13-2014),KYRedsFan (04-13-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
    You're leaving out the part about Latos having offseason elbow surgery (which always concerned me more than the knee). Kremchek completely disregarded that when he went on WLW and was like "Oh, he'll be fine. Nothing to see here." That's the OP's point. Why is Kremchek constantly talking out of his rear end and saying things that end up being completely false? If it was a one or two times issue, no big deal. But he's done this countless times with countless players. I feel you, OP. I feel the exact same way.
    Again things can change. After the initial elbow surgery Kremcheck thought it was good. He threw after that and new concerns developed. Things change. I know players from other organizations come to Kremcheck for surgery. I'm guessing if they thought he was too incompetent to read an MRI they wouldn't have him performing surgeries.

8. Likes:

dougdirt (04-13-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Do I have a medical degree?

Was I there for Latos' 2 surgeries?

Did I examine Latos' arm?

Did I conduct the MRI?

Then what do I know about how qualified this man is?
    Did you ever play Major League Baseball?

Did you ever manage in the Majors?

If not, then you are probably not qualified to ever have an opinion on anything to do with Major League Baseball, correct?

The human body isn't like a car you can take into the shop, put up on the lift, tighten a few screws, and replace a bunch of parts and voila! all is well. Medicine is an inexact and often unpredictable art.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

11. Likes:

757690 (04-13-2014),dougdirt (04-13-2014),Larkin Fan (04-13-2014),RedsfaninMT (04-13-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    Again things can change. After the initial elbow surgery Kremcheck thought it was good. He threw after that and new concerns developed. Things change. I know players from other organizations come to Kremcheck for surgery. I'm guessing if they thought he was too incompetent to read an MRI they wouldn't have him performing surgeries.
    Who are these players who bypass the medical director of their own MLB team to instead have Tim Kremchek operate on them?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    The human body isn't like a car you can take into the shop, put up on the lift, tighten a few screws, and replace a bunch of parts and voila! all is well. Medicine is an inexact and often unpredictable art.
    Stop making sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    True. And some doctors are better than others.

The Reds should hire Cthulhu then they wouldn't require doctors.

Other teams send their guys to Dr. Kremchek.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
    Did you ever play Major League Baseball?

Did you ever manage in the Majors?

If not, then you are probably not qualified to ever have an opinion on anything to do with Major League Baseball, correct?
    Commenting on a game is the same as commenting on complicated medical procedures and the intricacies of the human body?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    The Reds should hire Cthulhu then they wouldn't require doctors.
    People can make fun of the OP's point and this thread (and my replies) all they want. I'm still waiting to hear a defense for Kremchek regarding the disaster that was the Ryan Madson signing. Kremchek supposedly gave him a clean bill of health. Whoops! Madson needs season-ending surgery on an injury that he had been dealing with since the previous season. I would submit a competent medical director would have caught that before the signing.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Commenting on a game is the same as commenting on complicated medical procedures and the intricacies of the human body?
    We're not giving instructions on how to best perform brain surgery. We're discussing whether Tim Kremchek has done a good job in our opinion as the Reds' medical director over the last decade plus. I think the team could do much better.

Turn Off Ads?