Turn Off Ads?
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334

Thread: 7/1/2014-Reds-Vs-Padres

Re: 7/1/2014-Reds-Vs-Padres

Conclusively is the key and I didn't see it
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

2. Turn Off Ads?

I don't think NY even reviews the plays. I think they simply ask which side of the play the Reds are on. That's my only explanation for what I've seen happen this year.

4. Likes:

BluegrassRedleg (07-02-2014),toledodan (07-02-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Chortleton View Post
    I don't think NY even reviews the plays. I think they simply ask which side of the play the Reds are on. That's my only explanation for what I've seen happen this year.
    Could not agree more. Hasn't been even a situation where they conclusive evidence. Last night guy clearly touched 2nd rounding it never touched it going back. The one where Price got ejected in Atlanta he was so clearly out. Then Frazier is called out there. Only explanation is they hate the Reds.

Leake left the game with the score 1-3. Bullpen comes in, pitches 2.1 innings, allows 5 hits, five runs (4 earned) and walks 2. Mostly on Ondrusek, but Hoover is not without sin. Those two are not going to be any better. Time for Walt to make some moves. Logan's contract is a joke.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

7. Likes:

Kingspoint (07-02-2014)

Instant replay is a complete fiasco. Even when they get it right, it's a farce. Players huddling to discuss tonight's dinner plans in order to waste time, managers dragging their feet as they head out to talk to the umpire so that the assistants can look at footage. Ridiculous. IMO, neither team should have access to video footage. They ought to scrap the whole thing.

(And I thought I would be a proponent of replay when they implemented it.)
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

9. Likes:

BluegrassRedleg (07-02-2014),jimbo (07-02-2014),KYExtemper (07-02-2014),Norm Chortleton (07-02-2014),WVRedsFan (07-02-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Instant replay is a complete fiasco. Even when they get it right, it's a farce. Players huddling to discuss tonight's dinner plans in order to waste time, managers dragging their feet as they head out to talk to the umpire so that the assistants can look at footage. Ridiculous. IMO, neither team should have access to video footage. They ought to scrap the whole thing.

(And I thought I would be a proponent of replay when they implemented it.)
    Totally agree, and not because of tonight. Take the human element out of any game and you ruin it. How long until Little League games are subject to this. The No Fun League (NFL) started this and like sheep, MLB followed. It's no longer a game, it's been digitized and the result is crap.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

11. Likes:

Big Klu (07-02-2014),jimbo (07-02-2014)

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Totally agree, and not because of tonight. Take the human element out of any game and you ruin it. How long until Little League games are subject to this. The No Fun League (NFL) started this and like sheep, MLB followed. It's no longer a game, it's been digitized and the result is crap.
    Aren't the players enough "human element?"

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Aren't the players enough "human element?"
    Nope. Getting every play totally right ad nauseum is good, but it sterilizes the game. Then the question comes are the umpires prejiced? Of course, and so are the replay officials. Just another level of scrutiny that's not needed.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

14. Likes:

jimbo (07-02-2014)

So, the timing giveth, and the timing taketh away. The ghosts of Clay Kirby, Freddie Norman, Tommy Dean, Dave Campbell all cry out as an awful Pads team swallows up a decent Reds team in the abyss of heavy ocean air. Geesh, lets win one today, get out of the West Coast 7-3, and fly home to take on the "maybe its their year" Brewers.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Replay--I was in dreamland by that time, but I concur with the downside of replay, and I think it clearly outweighs the benefits of "getting the call right." It's not getting the call right, some guy watching a video interprets the same play with the advantage or disadvantage of video. As if the video is flawlessly interpreted. And yes, the stalling tactics...whatever happened to the "speeding up the game" montra? Where are the umps clapping their hands while teams are clearly stalling? And handicap the teams the same way they do in the NFL, where they have to make a quick decision on a review, not get to stall so they can review the video and debate a challenge. It is ludicrous and Judge Landis is in high rotation (best I could think of to feign outrage).
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

17. Likes:

OC_Red (07-02-2014)

Turn Off Ads?