Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations to the Kentucky Wildcats Football Team

Re: Congratulations to the Kentucky Wildcats Football Team

I would think UK would want to steer clear of the Cotton Bowl. They could end up matched up against a Texas Tech or an Oklahoma State, and I think they'd prefer to avoid that. The Outback Bowl would be much better. Ohio State and Penn State are the only two Big Ten teams worth a damn, and UK likely wouldn't get either of them at the Outback Bowl. Right now, CBS Sportsline projects Northwestern to the Outback Bowl. THAT would be a nice, cushy New Year's Day opponent!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    part of BBN

I read the other day where one bowl official (cant remember which one) said they were in talks with a Kentucky vs Miami matchup.
    I am sure a win or loss here and there could change that however.

I predict the Liberty Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    When in a down-year for KENTUCKY football the team will STILL go to a bowl, as well as being the FIRST time they have gone bowling three years in a row since 1950, YES, that is worthy of praise.
    How can you tell a down year when a peak year means a Music City Bowl bid?

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    How can you tell a down year when a peak year means a Music City Bowl bid?
    That is no longer a "peak" year my friend !

Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post
    That is no longer a "peak" year my friend !
    If that's not a peak year then what is? That's all I can see in recent history

part of BBN

If that's not a peak year then what is? That's all I can see in recent history
    Peak is when you reach the pinnacle of what you can accomlish.
    Johnny Cueto's peak isnt 9 wins simply because he won 9 last year (recent history)
    Recent History shows this team in dissarray and under NCAA sanctions.
    Recent history shows a team that went to the MCB the last two years coming off probation.
    The UK football program didnt reach a peak but rather went to the same bowl two years in a row.

I think you know that but if not...whatever.

Peak is when you reach the pinnacle of what you can accomlish.
    Johnny Cueto's peak isnt 9 wins simply because he won 9 last year (recent history)
    Recent History shows this team in dissarray and under NCAA sanctions.
    Recent history shows a team that went to the MCB the last two years coming off probation.
    The UK football program didnt reach a peak but rather went to the same bowl two years in a row.

I think you know that but if not...whatever.

Yeah, you make my point beautifully. Kentucky football has had 10 straight "down" years by your definition. You've got to have a peak year every now and then in order to define a down year.

There's no comparing a football program with a baseball pitcher. If Johnny Cueto goes Mark Fydrich on us then yes 9 wins is his peak, but since football programs don't have defined careers like young pitchers there's no comparison.

Hearing Kentucky fans defend their football program is hilarious! Please, keep it coming...

part of BBN

You've got to have a peak year every now and then in order to define a down year. .

My response to this is : You dont have a " peak " year every now and then !

Now continue trolling...........I'm done with you

part of BBN

Here are a few comments about Wesley Woodyard after last nights game vs Browns:

These are 3 different posts from a bronco fan board :

Did Wesley step up or what! That kind of intensity reminded me of Al Wilson. He was flying all over the field, and was wrapping up on tackles!

We need that kind of leadership going foward from our linebackers. You can't say enough for those guys last night. Three non-starters at the start of the season turned it on in the second half. Even Louis Green showed why he has been a staple on special teams with some great plays.

Our patchwork linebacking core did pretty well last night. I would just like to give credit when credit is due. It's easy to be negitive when things go wrong (all the threads the last three weeks) and when something great like this happens, we should admire it. GO BRONCOS

He settled in nicely. I loved the fire he brought, getting in Lewis' face a couple times. It seemed to rub off on other players as well. Its about time our defense showed some attitude and nastyness. Woodyard did a great job last night. We still have alot of holes to fill in the front 7

I was about to start a post about this guy. He looked great last night and really stepped up his game.

The Bengals really screwed up by letting that guy get away. He is going to have a nice NFL career.

My response to this is : You dont have a " peak " year every now and then !
    Spoken like a true Kentucky fan. Fans of real football schools know that teams do have peak years every now and then but I understand why you wouldn't know any better.

I'll put it another way. If Tennessee beats Ky this month and becomes Bowl eligible nobody's going to start a thread saying "Congratulations to the UT football team".

Learn the definition of an open forum. This is not a Kentucky Wildcat site. If you don't want dissenting opinion go to a rah, rah site setup only for UK fans.

part of BBN

Spoken like a true Kentucky fan. Fans of real football schools know that teams do have peak years every now and then but I understand why you wouldn't know any better.

I'll put it another way. If Tennessee beats Ky this month and becomes Bowl eligible nobody's going to start a thread saying "Congratulations to the UT football team".

Learn the definition of an open forum. This is not a Kentucky Wildcat site. If you don't want dissenting opinion go to a rah, rah site setup only for UK fans.

I will respond this one more time and THEN I am thru with you.

1: Peak- "the maximum point, degree, or volume of anything"

Now unlike your mighty Vols....KY hasnt won any championships in football lately so therefore no peak has been reached. duh !

2: I guess players have Career years every year or so too, right ?

3: "If Tennessee ..becomes Bowl eligible "

You're Hilarious ! Thanks for the fun !

What he said. And that goes for any non-Reds team. That said, the rules against baiting others still apply.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Dang! Tough loss today.... 42-38 UGA... We really should've won that game! Randall Cobb is a true STAR, How in the world did Fulmer let him get away from Tenn?

Turn Off Ads?