Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Would anyone do this deal

Would anyone do this deal

Twins get Leake, Cingrani, Corcino and Cozart

Reds get Willingham, Beresford and Sano

This could really help both teams for a long time ahead as the Reds get the LF RH power bat a bench guy who hits LH and plays in the IF and a future STUD 3B who would in my eyes be the center of the trade. Twins get what they despertly need and that is SP and a good SS. I wonder if they would bite because they really like Sano but they would get 3 good young starters in return. The Reds like it because they get better without really losing any key parts and they have plenty of depth for SP.

Let the kids play!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Would anyone do this deal

Not a chance. You're proposing that the Reds give up all of their pitching depth to acquire an average LF and a prospect who is years away from being able to contribute on the major league level.

What happens if somebody ends up on the DL or Chapman isn't effective as a starter?

Redman, Lecure, Hoover plus they could always find a guy on the cheap who could do a servicable job.

Let the kids play!

Quote Originally Posted by joe51391 View Post
    Redman, Lecure, Hoover plus they could always find a guy on the cheap who could do a servicable job.
    Redman who is a aging pitcher, and who is probably "servicable" at best.

Lecure who has, a what, career 5.00 era as a starter?

Hoover? If anything Hoover should be our setup man if anything.

Leake, had a rough year last year. But he's still really young, and would probably be our number 3 if not number 2 starter, 10 years back.

Plus, your getting rid of Cingrani, and Corcino? Our only 2 beacons of hope for the future of our starting pitching in the minors...besides Stephenson whose probably a good 3+ years away still. ..

Not a good trade, IMO. If Revere wasnt traded, than maybe i would be more inclined with that trade.

Twins get Leake, Cingrani, Corcino and Cozart

Reds get Willingham, Beresford and Sano

This could really help both teams for a long time ahead as the Reds get the LF RH power bat a bench guy who hits LH and plays in the IF and a future STUD 3B who would in my eyes be the center of the trade. Twins get what they despertly need and that is SP and a good SS. I wonder if they would bite because they really like Sano but they would get 3 good young starters in return. The Reds like it because they get better without really losing any key parts and they have plenty of depth for SP.

NO.

Quote Originally Posted by nmculbreth View Post
    Not a chance. You're proposing that the Reds give up all of their pitching depth to acquire an average LF and a prospect who is years away from being able to contribute on the major league level.

What happens if somebody ends up on the DL or Chapman isn't effective as a starter?
    Average left fielder? Who hit 35 HR's and 110 RBI's and had an .890 OPS? Sometimes Red's fans just amaze me in their homerism. I don't know much about the other 2 guys but Willingham was a player last year.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Average left fielder? Who hit 35 HR's and 110 RBI's and had an .890 OPS? Sometimes Red's fans just amaze me in their homerism. I don't know much about the other 2 guys but Willingham was a player last year.

That's the key - you're calling people homer's for calling him average based on 1 year of career highs in HR's RBI's and OPS. IF someone said Drew Stubbs would hit 22 HRs, have 77 RBI's and OPS 770+, you'd probably call them a homer as well. Willingham is 33 and has also now played for 4 teams in the past 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by UCBrownsfan View Post
    That's the key - you're calling people homer's for calling him average based on 1 year of career highs in HR's RBI's and OPS. IF someone said Drew Stubbs would hit 22 HRs, have 77 RBI's and OPS 770+, you'd probably call them a homer as well. Willingham is 33 and has also now played for 4 teams in the past 5 years.
    Drew Stubbs sucks..I know that for a fact. Unless your name is Baker then you know that too.

Turn Off Ads?