Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: NBA Draft 2013

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: NBA Draft 2013

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    The sad thing is that they just might get into the playoffs in the horrific lower half of the East.
    It wouldn't surprise me. IMO, of the Eastern teams missing the Playoffs last year, Cleveland and Detroit are the most likely to qualify this year.

I liked the Piston's draft -- Caldwell - Pope and Mitchell -- but the Free Agency signings and trades are head-scratchers. That stated, if his minutes are managed correctly, Josh Smith could be very effective if paired with Jerebko while either Monroe or Drummond are resting. I'm just not sure that playing Smith, Monroe, and Drummond together for extended minutes is a good idea.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Greg Oden is expected to decide which team to sign with today. Reportedly, it's down to the Heat, Spurs and Pelicans, who appeal to Oden due to the fact that he (Oden) will not be under a microscope there.

IMO, given that the top four Eastern Conference challengers have improved exponentially this off-season, should Oden not sign with Miami, Pat Riley MUST do something to shore up his team's interior defense. Odds are that Riley will find a way to do just that, regardless.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Looks like Shabazz Muhammad was sent home from the "Rookie Transition Program" for bringing a female guest back to his hotel room.

I think if anything, this should be a part of the Transition Program for the NBA, titled "Thousands of Girls will Throw Themselves at You for a Sniff at your Money".
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Greg Oden is expected to decide which team to sign with today. Reportedly, it's down to the Heat, Spurs and Pelicans, who appeal to Oden due to the fact that he (Oden) will not be under a microscope there.

IMO, given that the top four Eastern Conference challengers have improved exponentially this off-season, should Oden not sign with Miami, Pat Riley MUST do something to shore up his team's interior defense. Odds are that Riley will find a way to do just that, regardless.
    This just in Oden sprained his wrist signing the contract with Miami. Seriously though has he ever played a full season? Heck has he ever played half a season healthy? I expect him to be an expensive spectator by mid January.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Over the next couple of years, the NBA and the players union will discuss changes to the draft age limit and a baseball-style draft rule requiring high schoolers to either enter the draft or go to college for multiple years. An increase to the 15-man roster limit will also be on the table, as well as the idea of "hybrid" roster spots for players shuttled between the NBA and D-League affiliates.
    http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/08/l...t-changes.html

7. Likes:

reds44 (08-13-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    That will never happen, IMO.

NBAPA is, comparatively, a pretty weak union and NBA teams DO NOT want to go back to scouting high schoolers.

If anything, I think we may see a move to a two year rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    This just in Oden sprained his wrist signing the contract with Miami. Seriously though has he ever played a full season? Heck has he ever played half a season healthy? I expect him to be an expensive spectator by mid January.
    Actually, this is a situation for Oden that just may work out.

The Heat can afford to play him 10-15 minutes a game with games off as well.

If his body is capable at all of avoiding injury, this is the best situation for that to occur.

10. Likes:

dubc47834 (10-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    The sad thing is that they just might get into the playoffs in the horrific lower half of the East.
    I think Detroit will definitely make the playoffs. They will struggle to hit shots, but their defense should be top notch. They can play a high tempo and score a lot of transition points IMO.

I'd like to see them ship off Stuckey + Villanueva (expiring contracts) for a good shooter. Not sure what they could get, but I'm sure Phoenix would trade Caron Butler for Villanueva + 2nd RD pick + cash. Or CV for Jason Richardson + filler.

Stuckey for Ariza.... or Stuckey + filler for Brandon Rush + Marvin Williams

Drummond - Monroe
    Monroe - Smith
    Smith - Ariza/Marvin
    Butler - Billups/Rush
    Jennings - Billups/Bynum

I think a team like that could be a 4-5 seed. Jennings has never played with a good big man. Drummond could really break out this year. He was destroying summer league (big deal right? I know)...

Steve Kerr presents some interesting ideas for how to improve the NBA's draft lottery.

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/08/12/m....html?rss=true

The NBA is expected to make a major change to its traditional Finals schedule, ending the 2-3-2 format and returning to the 2-2-1-1-1 game rotation used in all other playoff rounds, multiple sources told ESPN.com.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/97...format-sources

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Excellent. I'm old enough to remember the original change and I know a lot of people didn't like it at the time, including me. But then, I wasn't one of the guys flying coast-to-coast five times in two weeks.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

I see that the Sixers have decided to sit Nerlens Noel for the entire season despite the fact that he's likely to be basically 100% by the first of the year. That's some bold, excellent tanking right there. Seems they might be interested in this Wiggins fellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I see that the Sixers have decided to sit Nerlens Noel for the entire season despite the fact that he's likely to be basically 100% by the first of the year. That's some bold, excellent tanking right there. Seems they might be interested in this Wiggins fellow.
    I saw that too but didn't know he's expected to be 100% by the first of the year. This would never happen if David Stern was still alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I saw that too but didn't know he's expected to be 100% by the first of the year. This would never happen if David Stern was still alive.
    The injury happened in February, the prognosis was for an 6-8 month recovery, and Dr. Andrews said he was ahead of schedule on his rehab.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    You spelled Julius Randle wrong.

19. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-22-2013),TeamSelig (11-04-2013)

Turn Off Ads?