Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I would watch that if it was on more

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I would watch that if it was on more

This happens every time I watch the Olympics. There are sports that I really enjoy watching and I always say to myself, "I'd watch that if they would have it on tv more often." Which sports do that for you? Which ones would you watch if they were on tv at other times?

For me:

1. Water Polo. I've always enjoyed watching that game. This year's US team doing well has been nice.

2. Volleyball. Sometimes you see college games, but that's not at this level.

3. Some of the field events: pole vault, high jump, etc. Those always interest me a bit, probably because they're not seen that often. I still think I would watch them more if it was on more.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I would watch that if it was on more

I would watch more running events.

Many of these sports could replace annoying things on TV like Poker, Arena Football, Extreme Sports, etc...
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Team Handball. It's an interesting combination of indoor soccer and basketball. Plenty of scoring and physical play. I don't understand why it hasn't caught on more in the US.

I don't like volleyball as much since the substitution rules and scoring system were changed, but I'd definitely watch it over most of the other filler that's on sports TV networks now.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Team Handball. It's an interesting combination of indoor soccer and basketball. Plenty of scoring and physical play. I don't understand why it hasn't caught on more in the US.
    When I was in Europe, it was on TV... I changed it.

Rocky in French is way more interesting IMO.

High five!

Taekwondo, Judo and track and field events where they "throw things."

I've never been all that interested in Track, I mean people running is pretty boring but the High jumps, pole vaults, etc... are pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Good soccer. Part of the reason soccer hasn't caught on in the US is because we don't have the quality of play that really stands out as it does in the big 3 sports.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Good soccer. Part of the reason soccer hasn't caught on in the US is because we don't have the quality of play that really stands out as it does in the big 3 sports.
    A lot of cable/dish packages have tons of European soccer on it. The Fox Soccer Channel shows a lot of EPL games along with UAEFA and FA Cup as well. For those who like high quality soccer, there's lots on TV these days, just not on major networks.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    A lot of cable/dish packages have tons of European soccer on it. The Fox Soccer Channel shows a lot of EPL games along with UAEFA and FA Cup as well. For those who like high quality soccer, there's lots on TV these days, just not on major networks.
    Yep, I watched a game this AM.. plus I'll say that the available Premier League games on Fox Soccer Channel is the best soccer to view in the world and has also been playing a couple of replay games a week on the regular Fox Sports in everyones town for about 10 years now so it's there... you just have to look for it.

a cool ESPN would show these things...

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

This canoeing and kayaking they're showing right now. Now I can't wait to get home and get my canoe out. I need the next load to Cincinnati now.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

gol tv covers the Spanish top level pretty well too. They hit south american futbol in the European futbol interregnum.

Senor Votto

I wish they showed more wrestling. I never see it on.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    a cool ESPN would show these things...
    Word is that ESPN is going to buying the US rights to the EPL when the contract comes up next year...
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    I wish they showed more wrestling. I never see it on.
    Every Monday night on USA from 9 to 11, duh.

Turn Off Ads?