Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Redszone NBA Playoff Thread, now with more accuracy!

Re: Your NBA Playoffs.....Blazers Win!!! Blazers Win!!!

Well just as Kingspoint told us the Suns dispatched the Blazers in six games.

I think the Suns and Spurs will be a fun series to watch.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 04-30-2010 at 02:13 AM.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    After the Blazers actually do dispatch the Suns in six, you'll see that I was right, and that it wasn't just optimism.
    Soo...what happened here?
    Go Gators!

This thread is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    I'm telling you Kingspoint is a HUGE Suns fan and he was just trying some reverse logic to put the jinx on the Blazers and it worked like a charm. He hasn't gotten back in the thread yet because he's been out partying in Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    He was right about the six games part.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Listening to sports talk radio from Dallas today, just for fun. Some random snippets from what I heard:

- Mark Cuban's endless whining about the officiating was partly responsible for the Mavs losing that series. Calls that could go either way won't go the Mavs' way when Cuban is constantly berating the officials from his seat and to the league office. Cuban's praise of Tim Donaghy's book last December didn't endear him to officials either.

- There was no shame in losing to the Spurs.

- If you want to win in the playoffs, play for the Spurs. If you want to be treated like a rock star and be with soft teammates, play for the Mavs.

- Rick Carlisle's job is in jeopardy. (As it should be, IMO.)
    /r/reds

Jazz/Denver series to be decided tonight in SLC. Can't see any way Utah wins a Game 7 in Denver, so tonight is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Listening to sports talk radio from Dallas today, just for fun. Some random snippets from what I heard:

- Mark Cuban's endless whining about the officiating was partly responsible for the Mavs losing that series. Calls that could go either way won't go the Mavs' way when Cuban is constantly berating the officials from his seat and to the league office. Cuban's praise of Tim Donaghy's book last December didn't endear him to officials either.

- There was no shame in losing to the Spurs.

- If you want to win in the playoffs, play for the Spurs. If you want to be treated like a rock star and be with soft teammates, play for the Mavs.

- Rick Carlisle's job is in jeopardy. (As it should be, IMO.)
    I heard that one last night listening to the Spurs post game show.

Seemed like most of the Spurs radio people are blaming Cuban for the way the team the team plays.

As for the fouls, Dallas just doesn't have anybody that drives the ball to the basket. And their centers combined to average 7 pts per. You just aren't going to get many foul calls if you take a bunch of jump shots.

I wonder how much Shawn Marion misses Steve Nash. I have a feeling Amare would run into the same struggles that Marion has faced if he leaves Phoenix.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I heard that one last night listening to the Spurs post game show.

Seemed like most of the Spurs radio people are blaming Cuban for the way the team the team plays.
    You're right about the "rock star" take coming from San Antonio radio. I threw that one in there because IMO it was an interesting take.

I forgot to mention one that I heard on the Dallas station... speculation that Jason Kidd was hurt during the series and Dallas never revealed it. He seemed slower and was much less of a factor after Game 1.

Cuban has deliberately set himself up as the target of San Antonio fans' ire, ever since his comments about the "muddy" San Antonio river a couple of years ago. Fans and local radio love to hold him up as the scapegoat when the Mavs underachieve. It was interesting to hear the Dallas station blaming him, too. Maybe now, he'll stop supplying bulletin board material to his team's rivals.
    /r/reds

I will never figure out why the Mavs let Nash go. Cuban has a lot of money.

Spurs look pretty darn dangerous. That ain't no #7 seed.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I will never figure out why the Mavs let Nash go. Cuban has a lot of money.

Spurs look pretty darn dangerous. That ain't no #7 seed.
    Agree on both fronts. I think Nowitzki is condemned to be Larry Bird without the supporting cast. It's astounding that a guy his size can be lethal from pretty much anywhere on the court. Pair him with Nash and it's akin to Stockton/Malone.

When the Spurs have their main guys healthy and get contributions from the role players (a la George Hill last night), they're tough to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Jazz/Denver series to be decided tonight in SLC. Can't see any way Utah wins a Game 7 in Denver, so tonight is it.
    Big opportunity tonight for DWill tonight. If he can have a big game and help end this thing, he will do a lot to make sure he is included in the best players in the NBA conversation. He is already having a great series, but the really great players make sure their teams win games like this one.

C'mon Kingspoint, you can't make the posts you did in this thread and then totally abandon it. Get in here and take your lumps like a man.

Late note...

Watching Lebron dismantle Chicago in the last game of their series, I was very surprised at how good of a NBA player Joakim Noah became. He's like Bill Laimbeer v2.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

You make enough predictions you are going to 'airball' a time or two. Everyone does.

Turn Off Ads?