Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 5- Bengals vs. Buccaneers

Re: Week 5- Bengals vs. Buccaneers

Who Dey? Pretty much everyone, that's who. This team needs a new QB and a new offensive coaching staff.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm guessing we will see a new head coach. Probably will be Zim since Mikey is paying him all of that money anyway. A new voice is probably necessary, plus Mikey won't want Marvin to coach the Bengals longer than Paul did.

Wow, there's a great chance that today may, for all intensive purposes, end Cincinnati sports until Opening Day next season.

Atleast I still have the Capitals to root for.

An epic collapse against the Buccaneers at home sure doesn't bode well for when we play the good teams.

The good thing is that Bungles losses like this don't get to me too much anymore. We are all fully indoctrinated by now.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    The good thing is that Bungles losses like this don't get to me too much anymore. We are all fully indoctrinated by now.
    Got that right. Can you imagine a competent franchise like the Steelers or Ravens pulling an epic collapse like this? Their fans would be jumping off bridges. Us? It's just another Sunday Funday at PBS.

What happened to Carson Palmer?

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    He plays for a Cincinnati team.

"Kimo" therapy 5 years ago changed him forever.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    "Kimo" therapy 5 years ago changed him forever.
    That's the only answer I have, and honestly it's a sad one, given what he was showing he could be before he got hurt.

How is it that the only person in the world who doesn't see that Palmer is cooked is Bob Bratkowski? The man is an NFL coordinator. Pee-wee coaches know to ride the running game when the QB is not very good. With Palmer's fall, the Bengals gameplan every week should be 70% run, 30% pass.
    Last edited by guttle11; 10-10-2010 at 05:07 PM.

I still don't understand though. With all the talent he had, an injury is not going to just take that away. What is he doing so wrong that he can't seem to fix?

Watch how he constantly gets baited and fooled by defenses now. At least 3-4 times a game a DB will successfully bait him into making a stupid throw/decision.

Someone please re-post the Mel Kiper report on CP coming out of USC.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Watch how he constantly gets baited and fooled by defenses now. At least 3-4 times a game a DB will successfully bait him into making a stupid throw/decision.

Someone please re-post the Mel Kiper report on CP coming out of USC.
    So did Carson get dumber or did the league just figure him out? Good Carson never had these problems.

So did Carson get dumber or did the league just figure him out? Good Carson never had these problems.
    I think part of it is the league figuring him out, part of it is he has zero confidence which slows down the decision making process, and another part is that the great offensive teams that gave CP his best stats were predicated on a big play offense. On deep balls he is fine.

I don't think it's Carson's decision-making that's the problem. I just think his arm strength, whatever it was to begin with, hasn't been the same since his injuries. Throws he was able to make a few years ago haven't gotten to his target as quickly as it once did, and that's allowed defensive backs to make a move on balls that otherwise would have gotten to the receiver faster. That's what it seems like to me.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?