Turn Off Ads?
Page 60 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 4th edition

Re: 2009 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 4th edition

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    He's weak, I don't think he has the athletic ability or the quickness to play at the next level.
    If that's true, the other 99% of the people who have an opinion on him are very wrong.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Start praying for mercy Hoosier fans, I can see Pope John Wall creating a new t-shirt with the # 55 on it.

No UK-IU game would be perfect without this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RxFpVihLqA
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    No UK-IU game would be perfect without this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RxFpVihLqA
    You don't hit below the belt, first of all, but you certainly don't hit below the belt when that person is asleep in their bed. Not proud of you.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

He's weak, I don't think he has the athletic ability or the quickness to play at the next level. He reminds me a lot of Tom Coverdale, but that's JMO.
    I think you're a great poster and usually agree with your opinions/posts, but this is one of the most absurb things I've ever read on Redszone. Wall doesn't have the quickness to play at the next level? Seriously? Holy s***. He's probably the quickest player I've ever seen and when he is playing in the NBA next season he will be the quickest player on the court, in every game. He is truly amazing and I don't see how anyone can come to a different conclusion after watching him for 10+ minutes.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I think you're a great poster and usually agree with your opinions/posts, but this is one of the most absurb things I've ever read on Redszone. Wall doesn't have the quickness to play at the next level? Seriously? Holy s***. He's probably the quickest player I've ever seen and when he is playing in the NBA next season he will be the quickest player on the court, in every game. He is truly amazing and I don't see how anyone can come to a different conclusion after watching him for 10+ minutes.
    He was joking.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    He was joking.
    Good. For some reason, I couldn't tell from his posts in this thread.

BTW, good win for the Cats today. They're good and fun to watch. It's been awhile. I'm enjoying it.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Good. For some reason, I couldn't tell from his posts in this thread.

BTW, good win for the Cats today. They're good and fun to watch. It's been awhile. I'm enjoying it.
    You kinda have to follow this thread to get an overall idea. Razor and BRM are Hoosier fans. It's a way to get a ribbing out of some of the more "sensitive" UK fans.

This game was Eric Bledsoe's coming out party.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Missed the game today. Just checking out the box score... a few notes

- Cuz needs to work out those fouls.
    - Wall didn't get to the line like usual
    - Bledsoe shot a great percentage... nasty 6 TOs though
    - LIGGINS with a 1 minute appearance

Sorry, I was trying to be so absurd enough that no one would think I was serious. I compared him to Tom Coverdale for gosh sakes.

I love watching John Wall. I was desperately hoping against hope that he'd go to Duke instead of UK, but even with that unfortunate choice I still think he's great.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 12-13-2009 at 07:17 AM.

I think IU has a shot to keep the game interesting for 10 minutes, maybe the the first half. But eventually the abundance of talent on UK's side is going to take over the game put it away.
    Did I travel to the future and watch the game ahead of time?

Kentucky played well against IU, especially considering how strong the Hoosiers started. (They seemed to hit every shot imaginable from 20 feet.) It seems to me that the key to UK's season is rebounding. They're so much bigger than other teams (the biggest in the country across the board) and the offenses they run allow for a lot of offensive rebounding. (Count on it, in fact.)

Saw my third Kansas game yesterday. Kentucky might be better than Kansas right now and could be much better later on. (Though Xavier Henry is a nice player.)

Who else looks really good this early? Do you believe in Syracuse? (I do.) Can Texas overcome its coach and win it all? (I don't think so.) Does Purdue have the horses? (Not IMO.)

Any others look like they could challenge for a crown?

Stat geek...and proud

As a realistic thinking Indiana fan, I am actually pretty happy with how they played against the Cats. We just don't have the horses to play with a team like that, but they hung in there for what, 25 minutes, and they didn't quit. Indiana is going to make some noise in the next 2-3 years, but rebuilding takes time. They are on the right track. Believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Me too. That's the ultimate test of the regular season. How you respond on the road. Next road game after tomorrow won't be until Jan 12th at Florida.
    To answer my own question,they handled themselves like veterans on a road game. They took the early punch by IU and responded as well as any team could. Their size just worn down IU and IU just had no answer for them down low. This UK team is amazing me. I thought with all the freshman,new coach and everyone learning a new system they woud lose a couple or three games in the non conference. But they are playing more and more like veterans. They should win out in the non-conference now(What's up with UL? they look completely lost). Calipari will be practicing this team more and more with school out. Just imagine how much better they should be by January.
    What impressed me the most about the IU game was how they ran their half court offense. It was 100% better than anytime else this season. If this team gets the half court offense running efficiently most of the time, then they could really be one of the great UK teams of all time. During the 2nd half Saturday I even allowed myself to compare these guys with the 96 team. They aren't quite there yet but there is chance they could be.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    What impressed me the most about the IU game was how they ran their half court offense. It was 100% better than anytime else this season. If this team gets the half court offense running efficiently most of the time, then they could really be one of the great UK teams of all time. During the 2nd half Saturday I even allowed myself to compare these guys with the 96 team. They aren't quite there yet but there is chance they could be.
    No to take anything away from the Cats here but if they were ever going to look good in the half court, it would be against IU. The Hoosiers simply do not defend well in the half court. They have a lot of trouble stopping dribble penetration and rebounding has been a sore spot all year. There is a reason Crean wants the Hoosiers to run and run a lot. They really struggle in the half court, at both ends for the most part.

That said, UK looked very impressive on Saturday. They certainly did not play like a young team. They looked very poised.

Turn Off Ads?