Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/03/2013 Rockies at Reds

6/03/2013 Rockies at Reds

Here's tonights lineup for the Reds. As expected no Phillips.

Reds

1. Shin-Soo Choo (L) CF
    2. Zack Cozart (R) SS
    3. Joey Votto (L) 1B
    4. Jay Bruce (L) RF
    5. Todd Frazier (R) 3B
    6. Xavier Paul (L) LF
    7. Ryan Hanigan (R) C
    8. Cesar Izturis (S) 2B
    9. Bronson Arroyo (R) P
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 6/03/2013 Rockies at Reds

#6 thru #9 is a light hitting bunch in that lineup. At least Izturis is at the bottom of the order today. I hope after this year Jocketty finds someone else to fill middle infielder back-up role who isn't on their last leg and can hit a bit more. I remember Reds camp getting excited about Izturis's bat in spring training but that has yet to parlay into any type of regular season performance.

Let's hope Arroyo is nice and rested for the game.

http://instagram.com/p/aEvkGsHp94/

No wonder this team struggled to score runs over the weekend. Look at the batting practice schedule. They are spending a -10 minutes honing their hitting skills. That can't possibly pay dividends.

6. Likes:

LexRedsFan (06-03-2013),NebraskaRed (06-03-2013),Red Raindog (06-03-2013),Tom Servo (06-03-2013)

wonder how good they'll hit with -10 minutes of BP.
    Is it "next season" yet?

Quote Originally Posted by holster10 View Post
    #6 thru #9 is a light hitting bunch in that lineup. At least Izturis is at the bottom of the order today. I hope after this year Jocketty finds someone else to fill middle infielder back-up role who isn't on their last leg and can hit a bit more. I remember Reds camp getting excited about Izturis's bat in spring training but that has yet to parlay into any type of regular season performance.
    I think they were counting on Jason Donald. Izturis had a hot spring (spring statistics don't count or so they say) and Donald got injured. These things happen.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I think they were counting on Jason Donald. Izturis had a hot spring (spring statistics don't count or so they say) and Donald got injured. These things happen.
    I got the feeling the Reds weren't comfortable with Donald's defense at SS.

No wonder this team struggled to score runs over the weekend. Look at the batting practice schedule. They are spending a -10 minutes honing their hitting skills. That can't possibly pay dividends.
    Or maybe they're swinging the bats so hard and fast that they reverse time. Like Superman did at the end of one of the movies.

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

Anybody have an update on Phillips and Sean Marshall? The idea of facing the Cardinals without those two isn't real appealing.
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

Ugh this lineup is poopy. DatDudeObiWonYoureMyOnlyHope needs to get back quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    Anybody have an update on Phillips and Sean Marshall? The idea of facing the Cardinals without those two isn't real appealing.
    The guess on Phillips from Dusty yesterday was 3 or 4 days. So don't be surprised if he misses this entire Rockies series. Hopefully he will be back by the weekend.

Marshall is eligible to come off the DL June 5th (Wednesday) but have not heard if we will actually be ready.

I hope the Pirates lose some games now. Their bullpen got used much against the Reds.

With all the talk about the Reds' head hunters, the Pirates repeatedly hit Reds batters and now Phillips is out because of it.

And the retaliation by Latos was to hit a guy (Walker?) in the butt and do absolutely no damage.

Pirates answer, of course, is that hitting Choo doesn't count, he doesn't get out of the way. Maybe, but at least one HBP of Choo was legit.

In any event, there was no reason to pick on Phillips, twice, and now he's out.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Let's hope Arroyo is nice and rested for the game.

http://instagram.com/p/aEvkGsHp94/
    What...no recliner? :O)

Silly Dave...clearly they came in at 5:45 AM. Dusty runs a tight ship. :O)

Quote Originally Posted by holster10 View Post
    I got the feeling the Reds weren't comfortable with Donald's defense at SS.
    I know I certainly wasn't. I think Hannahan is a better SS than Donald.

Turn Off Ads?