Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Is Auburn's football team overrated?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

11 26.83%
  • no

30 73.17%
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Is Auburn overrated?

Re: Is Auburn overrated?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    This is the 7th championship for a SEC team since the BCS began. That's 7 out of the 12 without asterisks...
    Yeah, but don't forget, the SEC plays weak schedules...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    But if this is about bragging rights than my team is much better than your team.

So I win.
    If that's important to you, fine. Have at it. That was never my intention but if that makes you feel good...

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Tennessee had absolutely nothing to do with Auburn winning the title but UT can rest assured that they play in the best conference in college football
    All it proves is that, on paper (since there's still no playoff), the SEC had the best team all those years. One team being the best doesn't mean it was the best conference.

If the SEC were truly as dominant as people insinuate, you would expect to see that in bowl results over a long period of time. But in the BCS era, the SEC is just a knick above .500 in bowls.

So that means all the 7-5 chest thumpers are pounding chests about how superior their conference is, despite their own teams going out and losing a fair number of games.

The psychology is amusing.

For 12 weeks, fans call their conference foes cheaters, overrated, idiots, lucky, etc. Then somehow these righteous folk manage to change their opinion and beat their chests about the accomplishments of another team in the Championship. Somehow all those nasty things they said during the season go away. It's hilarious.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I'm waiting for Sabans head to explode if he's forced to say something nice about Auburn....
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Congratulations to Auburn, it's fans, and anyone who who figured out a way to win money on the game (it was a 3-point spread and they won by three....everyone gets their money back!!!).

Great game. Well-played by both sides. Well officiated. Both Defenses stepped up.

The SEC was the best this year...again.

I must be incredibly cynical to believe that Newton's father didn't get paid.

I doubt I'm in the minority there. Anyone that isn't a blatant Auburn/SEC homer knows his family got paid.
    No more evidence is needed than he was asked to not attend the game, when his son is the star of the #1 team. There has to be some pretty damning evidence for that to happen.

I just hope the Steelers win the Super Bowl so I can brag about the Bengals.
    That was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I'm waiting for Sabans head to explode if he's forced to say something nice about Auburn....
    Why wouldn't Saban pick a winner before the game...I missed that. Meyer and Howard did.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    All it proves is that, on paper (since there's still no playoff), the SEC had the best team all those years. One team being the best doesn't mean it was the best conference.

If the SEC were truly as dominant as people insinuate, you would expect to see that in bowl results over a long period of time. But in the BCS era, the SEC is just a knick above .500 in bowls.

So that means all the 7-5 chest thumpers are pounding chests about how superior their conference is, despite their own teams going out and losing a fair number of games.

The psychology is amusing.

For 12 weeks, fans call their conference foes cheaters, overrated, idiots, lucky, etc. Then somehow these righteous folk manage to change their opinion and beat their chests about the accomplishments of another team in the Championship. Somehow all those nasty things they said during the season go away. It's hilarious.
    I'm not going to debate whether the SEC is the best conference for football, especially with you for reasons mentioned earlier. As for fans of the SEC's lesser teams, it means their 6-6 record means more than it would in another conference. Just like a MAC record means less than a Big Ten record

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Congratulations to Auburn, it's fans, and anyone who who figured out a way to win money on the game (it was a 3-point spread and they won by three....everyone gets their money back!!!).

Great game. Well-played by both sides. Well officiated. Both Defenses stepped up.

The SEC was the best this year...again.
    As always you're a stand up guy... Next time I'm in Portland, I'm buying you a few cold ones

Is there one team in the country that you could move from their conference and into the SEC this past season, that would come out with a better record with the SEC schedule? I can't name one.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Is there one team in the country that you could move from their conference and into the SEC this past season, that would come out with a better record with the SEC schedule? I can't name one.
    Do these schools get to recruit 32 players in one class? If we want to play the imaginary game.

SEC schools have the field tilted in their direction from the start in a myriad of ways. It's not a surprise they are clearly the best conference.

Congrats to them on earning that distinction. I'm still fine with rooting for my rinky dink Big Ten team.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

I'm a big ten guy cedric...but I don't deny the sec puts the best teams on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I'm a big ten guy cedric...but I don't deny the sec puts the best teams on the field.
    Sure. And until the over signing rules change there won't be competition. Call that sour grapes if you want, it's an advantage that equates to a HUGE talent gap.

It's not changing anytime soon. It's almost a miracle with the advantages they have that other teams even come close to competing with their schools.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Do these schools get to recruit 32 players in one class? If we want to play the imaginary game.

SEC schools have the field tilted in their direction from the start in a myriad of ways. It's not a surprise they are clearly the best conference.

Congrats to them on earning that distinction. I'm still fine with rooting for my rinky dink Big Ten team.
    Glad you brought up recruiting because that's where it all starts. Granted rating recruits is an inexact science, but as of right now, there are 9 SEC teams in the top 25, one Big Ten team (OSU).

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=14&yr=2011

As a fan of Tennessee, I've got my work cut out for me. There are 8 teams in my conference ahead of me in talent. If I played in the Big Ten, there'd only be one and I might get lucky. I might not even play that one team in any given year.

The competition in the SEC is a 12 month thing

Turn Off Ads?