Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2013 MLS Thread

Re: 2013 MLS Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Australian Red View Post
    Any one know if you can just rock up on the day at a Columbus Crew match and get tickets?
    More than likely. They are playing Houston while you are here which won't be a massive draw.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    More than likely. They are playing Houston while you are here which won't be a massive draw.
    The game I'm looking at is Saturday the 5th October, i think they play Kannas City. A mate and I would of done a full day at the golf and will be staying in Dublin so just depends how much energy we have on the day which is why we aren't keen to pre purchase tickets.
    Melbourne to Cincinnati - September 1st - 12th 2013

The game I'm looking at is Saturday the 5th October, i think they play Kannas City. A mate and I would of done a full day at the golf and will be staying in Dublin so just depends how much energy we have on the day which is why we aren't keen to pre purchase tickets.
    You could try going to bigsoccer.com and posting a message in the Columbus Crew forum to see if someone from the supporters groups have extra tickets they could sell you at the game. You could sit in the Nordecke, which would be quite the experience.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    You could try going to bigsoccer.com and posting a message in the Columbus Crew forum to see if someone from the supporters groups have extra tickets they could sell you at the game. You could sit in the Nordecke, which would be quite the experience.
    Cheers will keep that in mind, I'm an a-league season ticket holder in an active supporter areas. I'm in the Active area for the Red Bulls home game against DC on August 31 too. It's the only way to watch games

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Seattle v. Portland this weekend.

A scant 67K fans expected for this one.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post

Two of the best sets of supporters anywhere. Should be fun.

NBC and ESPN should work out a deal with the MLS that allows some flex scheduling similar to the NFL Sunday Night Football deal. This game would be great in prime time on NBC.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Had an amazing night last night meet and had a 10 minute one on one chat with Tim Cahill and got photos. Was such an honour to meet him and was such a genuine down to earth guy as was David Carney an aussie who just signed for the red bulls.

Had an amazing night last night meet and had a 10 minute one on one chat with Tim Cahill and got photos. Was such an honour to meet him and was such a genuine down to earth guy as was David Carney an aussie who just signed for the red bulls.
    Very cool!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

http://www.soccerbyives.net/2013/10/...-schedule.html
    After 18 seasons of going against the grain of what FIFA desired, Major League Soccer is reportedly considering a move that would put the league in line with the biggest leagues in Europe.

According to a report in the New York Daily News, MLS is contemplating changing their schedule from a summer season to one that begins in either late-July or early August and ends in late-May or early June of the following year, with a six to eight week break in the middle.
    MLS is denying, naturally. I've been behind a switch to the international calendar in the past, but after watching the USMNT / Costa Rica match in Denver, I just can't see how they work playing games in some of the northern climates in the dead of winter without it causing playability issues or impacting attendance.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

MLS is denying, naturally. I've been behind a switch to the international calendar in the past, but after watching the USMNT / Costa Rica match in Denver, I just can't see how they work playing games in some of the northern climates in the dead of winter without it causing playability issues or impacting attendance.
    I think it's a bad move. MLS has far less competition both from global soccer leagues and more importantly the NFL and NBA with their current set up. You would either have to take a winter break or send Toronto, New York, Chicago, etc on really long road trips in the winter.

I'm with you. Going to see MLS games in June-August makes for an enjoyable day/evening. Not terribly excited for outdoor games in December-February.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I'm with you. Going to see MLS games in June-August makes for an enjoyable day/evening. Not terribly excited for outdoor games in December-February.
    Europeans just don't understand the difference in climate between North America and Europe. Much of Europe has milder winters because the warm waters of the Gulf Stream and the Mediterranean tend to keep the air from getting too cold, even though many European cities are further north than much of the MLS cities (Vancouver is slightly further north of Paris, France). Plus, Spring comes earlier because hot winds from the Sahara warm things up in late February and March. Meanwhile, the Northern United States and Canada, having no bodies of warm water to mitigate cold arctic air in the winter, have weather similar to Scandinavia and Russia. I would love for Sepp Blatter to spend a winter in Chicago. If he did, I don't think he'd ever complain about the MLS having a summer schedule.

15. Likes:

M2 (10-14-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Europeans just don't understand the difference in climate between North America and Europe. Much of Europe has milder winters because the warm waters of the Gulf Stream and the Mediterranean tend to keep the air from getting too cold, even though many European cities are further north than much of the MLS cities (Vancouver is slightly further north of Paris, France). Plus, Spring comes earlier because hot winds from the Sahara warm things up in late February and March. Meanwhile, the Northern United States and Canada, having no bodies of warm water to mitigate cold arctic air in the winter, have weather similar to Scandinavia and Russia. I would love for Sepp Blatter to spend a winter in Chicago. If he did, I don't think he'd ever complain about the MLS having a summer schedule.
    Exactly. There's a reason why we play soccer in the warmer months on this continent. We didn't come up with that idea by accident.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Looks like Orlando just took the lead in the race for the next MLS team.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/10/22...dium-deal.html

Turn Off Ads?