Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Ummm Homer..throwing is kinda important..

Ummm Homer..throwing is kinda important..

CINCINNATI -- On the 15-day disabled list since Saturday with a sprained posterior capsule in his right shoulder, Reds starting pitcher Homer Bailey believed he could resume throwing from flat ground in the next day or two.

Bailey is not feeling much discomfort or restriction from his injury, which he sustained during his start on Thursday vs. the Phillies.

"I can do everything but throw, apparently," Bailey said. "It just depends on what they tell me to do, honestly."

Bailey lasted four innings vs. Philadelphia in a no-decision. He felt something while hitting in the top of the fourth and didn't feel the same when he pitched the bottom half of the inning.

"When I went out there for the fourth inning, I topped out at 86," Bailey said. "I saw it and I didn't like it."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ummm Homer..throwing is kinda important..

Yeah, but if the training staff/coaches tell him not to pitch, he shouldn't do it. He thinks he can, hence the apparently thrown at the end.

Methinks, the trainers know better then the players.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Nolen Ryan wouldn't approve of half of our injuries.

Nolen also said he thinks our radar gun is fixed and he'd throw 110 here at GABP.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds View Post
    Nolen Ryan wouldn't approve of half of our injuries.

Nolen also said he thinks our radar gun is fixed and he'd throw 110 here at GABP.
    Would Nolan Ryan approve of them? lol jk

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Mr. Ryen would certainly be displeased.

Ryan + Dusty would = no bullpen.

Turn Off Ads?