Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Bronson Arroyo signed with Arizona Diamondbacks.

Re: Bronson Arroyo says he hasn't received a single offer

Quote Originally Posted by junkhead View Post
    2004~2013

So you're saying Arroyo is the 2nd losingest pitcher of the last decade?
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by junkhead View Post
    Of course not. Do you consider me as one of those people who cares about pitcher win-loss records?
    So what was your point?
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

4. Likes:

RadfordVA (02-10-2014),redsmetz (02-09-2014)

"So Fla Red"

Re: Bronson Arroyo signed with Arizona Diamondbacks.

Far and away the IP leader in the NL over the last ten years. What a great trade by Wayne K.

6. Likes:

Joseph (02-09-2014),Revering4Blue (02-09-2014)

Hasn't sunk in yet, won't be real until I see him in an Arizona uni. Very sad to see him go, an unbelievable trade, one that put franchise on track to respectability. I'll be there when he goes into the Reds HOF.

8. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (02-10-2014)

Good luck to BA in Arizona. He should do well in the NL west with those big ballparks to pitch in. BA had become one of my favorite current Reds. I liked his style of pitching and his up front approach about everything in general. IMO the Reds are going to miss that 200 innings pitched this season. I don't see anyone filling in that many innings. I think they should have gave him QO and I believe he would have taken it. But its not my money so its easy to say that.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Good luck to BA in Arizona. He should do well in the NL west with those big ballparks to pitch in. BA had become one of my favorite current Reds. I liked his style of pitching and his up front approach about everything in general. IMO the Reds are going to miss that 200 innings pitched this season. I don't see anyone filling in that many innings. I think they should have gave him QO and I believe he would have taken it. But its not my money so its easy to say that.
    Nowhere to play him. Need to give Cingrani a chance - 10 k/9 pitchers don't grow on trees. Arroyo played his butt off for the Reds, but it was time to move on, and I think he understood that.

11. Likes:

mth123 (02-12-2014)

Hopefully he doesn't come down with the desert flu.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Bronson Arroyo has been a 1.7 WAR player over the past few years.

WAR is a stat that separates (or attempts to based on ones viewpoint) you from your teammates. It puts (or again, tries to put) every player in the league on an even playing field so they can be compared.

You claim he is more valuable than 1.7 wins because the depth of the Reds pitching stinks, right? That would inflate the "worth" of all the Reds starters then in your eyes, no? I get that if Arroyo disappeared last year the Reds probably would have lost a few more games. But that is different than his WAR.
    My point is that WAR does not show a players value to each team. If your 6th starter is Cingrani then it's less valuable to have an Arroyo than if he's Greg Reynolds. The orgininal point was that Bronson was only worth 0.8 wins to the Reds based on his WAR. I disagree with that

The Arroyo and Phillips trades were the beginning of the end of the Lost Decade. Always will have a major soft spot for both of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

15. Likes:

Always Red (02-10-2014),bigredmechanism (02-10-2014),Boss-Hog (02-10-2014),KittyDuran (02-10-2014),M2 (02-10-2014),membengal (02-10-2014),Old school 1983 (02-10-2014),PepperJack (02-10-2014),RedFanAlways1966 (02-10-2014),Revering4Blue (02-11-2014),The Operator (02-10-2014),Tom Servo (02-10-2014),WildcatFan (02-11-2014)

just read two fangraphs articles about arroyo and wanted to share the links. I thinkt it is a pretty good read

pros and cons if arroyo signing

hidden problem with arroyo

Quote Originally Posted by tomnuetten View Post
    just read two fangraphs articles about arroyo and wanted to share the links. I thinkt it is a pretty good read

pros and cons if arroyo signing

hidden problem with arroyo
    Dave Cameron, mis-analyzing Bronson Arroyo since 2006.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

18. Likes:

Caveat Emperor (02-10-2014),Crumbley (02-10-2014),jimbo (02-10-2014),membengal (02-11-2014),Mitri (02-10-2014),pahster (02-13-2014),Tom Servo (02-10-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Cameron
    For his carreer, Arroyo has really big platoon splits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redszone
    Lies!!!!!!
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I wish him well, and am really grateful for what he accomplished with this franchise. I would actually hope to come to Cincy for his Reds HoF induction someday.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Lot of big parks there but I believe AZ's park is a hitter's park and he will have to pitch in Denver several times a year.

Still, it can't be a lot worse than pitching here. Good luck to Bronson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

22. Likes:

REDREAD (02-11-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Nowhere to play him. Need to give Cingrani a chance - 10 k/9 pitchers don't grow on trees. Arroyo played his butt off for the Reds, but it was time to move on, and I think he understood that.
    Sure they do.... they're just called relief pitchers.
    35 qualified relievers over 10k/9 in 2013 alone. Only 3 Starters (with 100IP or more).

Turn Off Ads?