Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds acquire Shin-Soo Choo and Jason Donald for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorious

Re: Shin-soo Choo?

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    paul hoynes ‏@hoynsie

#Indians deal with Reds and Arizona could include between 7 and 9 players.
    Uh-oh, prepare for pandemonium down on the minor league forum as there will be bloodshed if the Reds include their 18th-ranked prospect.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Ludwick, Choo, Donald, Phillips, Judy and possibly Hannahan... Reds loading up on former Indians players/farmhands.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Fay never thinks the Reds are going to do anything, ever.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Position players:

Hanigan
    Mes

Votto
    Phillips
    Cozart
    Frazier
    Burris
    Donald

Ludwick
    Choo
    Bruce
    Heisey
    Paul

Probably what you're looking at for position players right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Negative Fay says the Reds can't extend Choo.

I know it's probably true but man he needs to ease up on the payroll thing.
    Why would they even want to considering ...

1. Billy Hamilton is the CF of the future and Jay Bruce is the RF of the present and future. Even LF is locked up for 2 more years with Ludwick (not that Choo has ever played LF).

2. Choo will want a boatload of money for a LTC and the Reds wouldn't be able to do that on the heels of the Votto and Phillips deals.

I'm perfectly fine with this being a one-year stop-gap measure. Many, myself included, were hoping for a one-year rental of Bourn. Course, that wouldn't have costed us Gregorius.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Position players:

Hanigan
    Mes

Votto
    Phillips
    Cozart
    Frazier
    Burris
    Donald

Ludwick
    Choo
    Bruce
    Heisey
    Paul

Probably what you're looking at for position players right now.
    Wasn't Burris a minor league deal? It sounds like Hannahan will be the other infielder when all is said and done.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25 View Post
    Except let him in the booth and chat up Marty

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25 View Post
    It's almost cliche anymore. I don't pay the slightest attention to what he says when it comes to payroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post

1. Billy Hamilton is the CF of the future and Jay Bruce is the RF of the present and future. Even LF is locked up for 2 more years with Ludwick (not that Choo has ever played LF).

2. Choo will want a boatload of money for a LTC and the Reds wouldn't be able to do that on the heels of the Votto and Phillips deals.

I'm perfectly fine with this being a one-year stop-gap measure. Many, myself included, were hoping for a one-year rental of Bourn. Course, that wouldn't have costed us Gregorius.
    I agree but he's the reporter who cried wolf.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Because Ludwick could become a 4th outfielder if Choo's resigned and Hamiton comes up. Ryan would be an awfully good bat off the bench. And simply put, Choo fills the need better. FAR better. But, that being said, I highly doubt he gets extended.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Because Ludwick could become a 4th outfielder if Choo's resigned and Hamiton comes up. Ryan would be an awfully good bat off the bench. And simply put, Choo fills the need better. FAR better. But, that being said, I highly doubt he gets extended.
    I think with Choo being a Boras client, you're being very optimistic even saying "highly doubt." Haha. I hear you though and you make a good point.

I don't think they'll resign Choo, but I could see it playing out where the Reds want to re-sign him to play LF after this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

OK, just back from the Lager House for my birthday. Can someone bring me up to date on where exactly things stand (more or less)? Thanks.

BTW, my wife gave me a nice 1932 Reds replica hat for my birthday. Google it - it's a funky looking "C" that I fell in love with when I saw it.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I don't think they'll resign Choo, but I could see it playing out where the Reds want to re-sign him to play LF after this year.
    And what, trade Ludwick to the Yankees?
    Go BLUE!!!

How do we know this? The Reds supposedly wouldn't be able to extend BP on the heels of Votto either. And there was nothing for Votto on the heels of Cueto. And there was nothing for Cueto on the heels of Bruce.

And there was nothing for Chapman to even be in the bidding for him in the first place.

I'm done being surprised by what this team finds a way to do.

Turn Off Ads?