Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: 2012 NCAA Tournament

Re: 2012 NCAA Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Kudos. Don't you just love walking up to the cashier and exchanging little pieces of paper for new crisp bills?
    No doubt, I think next time I'm sticking to sports betting where I have a fighting chance at least. Everything else I tried cleaned my clock pretty quick.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

2. Turn Off Ads?

How irrelevant has the NIT become? Quick. Name the two teams in the championship game.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    How irrelevant has the NIT become? Quick. Name the two teams in the championship game.
    I actually have no idea. I'm going to guess Drexel vs. Washington. How'd I do?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Minnesota and Stanford. Rejoice Tubby fans!
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Minnesota and Stanford. Rejoice Tubby fans!
    I usually catch a few of these games, but no interest. But......go Big 10/12...I think
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I usually catch a few of these games, but no interest. But......go Big 10/12...I think
    I could not care less about the women's NCAA either. Hope that doesn't make me a hater.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'll bet you are. I haven't heard of anyone having three of the four teams left in their brackets. Kudos to you...
    Thanks! The payout is actually pretty good if you end up being the winner of my work pool so I'm hoping my good fortune carries over into the championship this weekend and Monday.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    Thanks! The payout is actually pretty good if you end up being the winner of my work pool so I'm hoping my good fortune carries over into the championship this weekend and Monday.
    Good luck and keep us posted how you fared...

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I haven't watched a second of the NIT. I doubt I will tonight either. I don't believe I have watched an NIT game since Kentucky was in it a few years back when BCG was still the coach. Thank goodness those days are over.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Proving that you really can never have nice things as a mid-major, John Groce leaves Ohio University to become the coach at Illinois.

Athens Ohio can resume become an obscure spot that generates a lot of arrests on Halloween.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Proving that you really can never have nice things as a mid-major, John Groce leaves Ohio University to become the coach at Illinois.

Athens Ohio can resume become an obscure spot that generates a lot of arrests on Halloween.
    Athens should be a hot spot right now. A team with every remaining starting coming back off a Sweet 16 team. That should be an up and coming coaches dream. They win big next season and the major job offers start coming.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Athens should be a hot spot right now. A team with every remaining starting coming back off a Sweet 16 team. That should be an up and coming coaches dream. They win big next season and the major job offers start coming.
    Should be, but the types of coaches you're looking at for a school like Ohio are all completely unproven and almost entirely guesswork. You're stuck trying to figure out what type of leader they would be based on a body of work that usually includes nothing beyond assistant work.

It's a total crap chute. I went to a mid-major school that had a successful coach poached away. We whiffed on the follow-up hire (and the follow-up hire to THAT hire), and the program was set so far back that it still really hasn't recovered.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Should be, but the types of coaches you're looking at for a school like Ohio are all completely unproven and almost entirely guesswork. You're stuck trying to figure out what type of leader they would be based on a body of work that usually includes nothing beyond assistant work.

It's a total crap chute. I went to a mid-major school that had a successful coach poached away. We whiffed on the follow-up hire (and the follow-up hire to THAT hire), and the program was set so far back that it still really hasn't recovered.
    I'd guess Boals takes over. And while I obviously can't prove it, I think he'll be an upgrade to Groce in Athens.

The interesting thing in regards to Groce will be Chicago recruiting. The high school coaches in Chicago wanted a minority to be hired at Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I'd guess Boals takes over. And while I obviously can't prove it, I think he'll be an upgrade to Groce in Athens.

The interesting thing in regards to Groce will be Chicago recruiting. The high school coaches in Chicago wanted a minority to be hired at Illinois.
    Crazy part is, most of the qualified minorities turned them down.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post

Simeon's Smith open to Illini assistant job.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/coll...-assistant-job
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Turn Off Ads?