Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sportscenter

Sportscenter

I had to listen to the last 2 innings of the game last night on the radio as I was driving to UC so when I woke up today I wanted to turn on the TV and see the highlight of the Hernandez homerun.

I woke up at 10 and watched the sportscenter that was on till 11. They showed a few highlights from the big market baseball teams and then proceeded to fill the rest of the show with nfl draft predictions and todd mcshay and mel kiper argueing with each other. They even fit in some more madden stuff and NBA playoffs predictions.

What happened to ESPN showing highlights and stats of the previous night? Are those days gone? It seems like more and more of "predictions" from their expert analysts.

All I wanted to see was the Hernandez home run, yet there was no mention of the Reds (they did mention 3 other teams that had winning home runs in the 9th) in a hour long show. It sickens me.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Re: Sportscenter

Should've been watching MLB Network.

Yeah, check mlb.com......they often have videos of the big plays. Also, Reds.com has video of the home run right now. Not sure if I'm allowed to post this........if not, I apologize. Just tell me and I'll erase it, but here's the link: http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/media...88283&c_id=cin

I have to add...........in the 9th when Cordero got that ground ball double play...........did anyone notice the excitement Votto had when he caught the throw? It was nice to see. These guys are into this.

Also, what you don't get to see from the video of Hernandez home run are the previous two pitches he took. The first one was high and called a strike. Hernandez glanced at the ump in shock but didn't make too big a deal out of it. The next pitch was a foot outside, and again called a strike. Hernandez then politely made a comment to the ump, but they didn't get into it or anything. The next pitch on the outside of the plate, Hernandez jacks into the right field stands. It was classic.

Dont tune into Sportscenter or BB Tonight for the first 75% of the show. They wont show Reds highlights unless they are playing the Mets, Yanks, or Redsox.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Those days are gone. On most nights unless we get a 3 HR game from someone we get little to no coverage on the Worldwide leader. Even baseball tonight snubs us nightly. Been that way since 2000s early on. I'm used to it.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    I have to add...........in the 9th when Cordero got that ground ball double play...........did anyone notice the excitement Votto had when he caught the throw? It was nice to see. These guys are into this.

Also, what you don't get to see from the video of Hernandez home run are the previous two pitches he took. The first one was high and called a strike. Hernandez glanced at the ump in shock but didn't make too big a deal out of it. The next pitch was a foot outside, and again called a strike. Hernandez then politely made a comment to the ump, but they didn't get into it or anything. The next pitch on the outside of the plate, Hernandez jacks into the right field stands. It was classic.
    I took that "glance" more like a glare. I'm thinking as Welch stated, Hernandez was recalling how that same location was Ball 4 to Oswalt.

Hernandez doesn't play for a big market team.

Therefore, you will not see him on ESPN, unless the Reds are playing a big market team and he is in the background while they are showing highlights of said big market team.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    Those days are gone. On most nights unless we get a 3 HR game from someone we get little to no coverage on the Worldwide leader. Even baseball tonight snubs us nightly. Been that way since 2000s early on. I'm used to it.
    As bad as this organization has been, why the hell should they give them any attention?

I only watch ESPN when they are showing a live game.They still get some good events but their news coverage has been reduced to the NFL and only big market teams in other sports.If I want scores or highlights I just jump online these days.You can usually find highlights on espn.com for most things but if your looking for Reds highlights mlb.com is the way to go.

Sportscenter has become nothing more than E! News for big market teams and players.

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    I had to listen to the last 2 innings of the game last night on the radio as I was driving to UC so when I woke up today I wanted to turn on the TV and see the highlight of the Hernandez homerun.

I woke up at 10 and watched the sportscenter that was on till 11. They showed a few highlights from the big market baseball teams and then proceeded to fill the rest of the show with nfl draft predictions and todd mcshay and mel kiper argueing with each other. They even fit in some more madden stuff and NBA playoffs predictions.

What happened to ESPN showing highlights and stats of the previous night? Are those days gone? It seems like more and more of "predictions" from their expert analysts.

All I wanted to see was the Hernandez home run, yet there was no mention of the Reds (they did mention 3 other teams that had winning home runs in the 9th) in a hour long show. It sickens me.
    I can relate entirely to your experience. I've learned the only way to get anything of value from ESPN is to record about a 2 hour block of it and then scan through it on fast forward. You might actually get lucky and find a 20 second Reds snippet.

Not only is ESPN's coverage biased big-time to the traditional big market teams (seems like Boston and the Yankees are the only two teams in baseball sometimes) but they have this annoying habit of chopping up about eight different sports into little 2 minute shorts and then mixing the whole thing up into some pulverized sports cocktail.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Should've been watching MLB Network.
    I wish I could afford subscription channels. Until then, though, the Final Score on Fox Sports works for me. I've given up on watching ESPN for highlights since I don't care about the Yankees, Sox (white or red) Cubs, Angels, or Dodgers. Or really about the NFL or college football in spring or summer (except the draft). Now that I think about it, I really wonder how they manage to keep NFL coverage such a large portion of Sportscenter in the offseason.

I know this topic is basically dead, but I couldnt resist mentioning that, on this morning's Sportscenter, Justin Timberlake did the opening--"This...is Sportscenter (bah dah dah, bah dah dah)." Perfect example of that entire station selling out. Never see that kind of stuff on MLB Network.

I'll be the first to agree that ESPN sucks ass in many respects, especially with their big market love. But I don't quite understand why JT performing the Sportscenter theme is "selling out". Seems kinda fun, and they sold out looooooooong ago.

Turn Off Ads?