Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dunn done?

Re: Dunn done?

Quote Originally Posted by jhiller21 View Post
    Most people who work for a living find it odd that a DH is upset about playing a game that we pay to watch, while he's making a fortune and complaining about it.

How selfish and conceited can a person be? I like Dunn, but "If I'm not having fun?"... Gimme a break Adam, you sure look like you're having fun out there.
    Nope. I still don't get it.

He's said he'll keep playing until he isn't having fun anymore.

Still don't see the problem.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Most people who work for a living find it odd that a DH is upset about playing a game that we pay to watch, while he's making a fortune and complaining about it.

How selfish and conceited can a person be? I like Dunn, but "If I'm not having fun?"... Gimme a break Adam, you sure look like you're having fun out there.
    Ridiculous. What does one thing have to do with the other?

Because he's more valuable monetarily to his employer than most of us are to ours, he's not allowed to express his feeling when asked? He might hurt someone else's feelings?

If he's just some rich dumb doofus playing a kids game why does anyone even bother getting upset about the things he says?
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

4. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-05-2013)

It reminds me of Carson Palmer's thing. "I'll just retire, I've already made enough money. I won't play for the Bengals"

Well, okay, do that... It's not my place to criticize someone for quitting a job. It's still a stupid decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Ridiculous. What does one thing have to do with the other?

Because he's more valuable monetarily to his employer than most of us are to ours, he's not allowed to express his feeling when asked? He might hurt someone else's feelings?

If he's just some rich dumb doofus playing a kids game why does anyone even bother getting upset about the things he says?
    It's not upsetting, it's just childish and strange.

When was the last time you heard a sports personality say...

Okay, bad example. You got me

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I really don't get the backlash.
    His attitude makes the comments of the former Blue Jays GM seem plausible

8. Likes:

757690 (09-05-2013),REDREAD (09-05-2013)

It all depends on one's definition of fun. My girlfriend thinks going to Ikea is fun. I disagree. I like going to baseball games. She doesn't think it's very much fun. But no matter how many games I take her to, she's not going to have fun. I can tell her she should be having fun but no matter how many times I tell her that, she's not going to have fun.

You can say Dunn should be having fun but if he's not, he's not. You can't make him have fun.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    It all depends on one's definition of fun. My girlfriend thinks going to Ikea is fun. I disagree. I like going to baseball games. She doesn't think it's very much fun. But no matter how many games I take her to, she's not going to have fun. I can tell her she should be having fun but no matter how many times I tell her that, she's not going to have fun.

You can say Dunn should be having fun but if he's not, he's not. You can't make him have fun.
    Sure sounds like he doesn't enjoy the game. Where have we heard that before?

Ricciardi: "Do you know the guy doesn't really like baseball that much? Do you know the guy doesn't have a passion to play the game that much? . . . I don't think you'd be very happy if we brought Adam Dunn here. I think you'd be one of the guys calling me on Wednesday night complaining about all the deficiencies the guy has. We've done our homework on guys like Adam Dunn, and there's a reason why we don't want Adam Dunn."
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/rumors/p...?urn=mlb,89523

Ricciardi took a lot of heat for that comment but I bet he feels vindicated now. Whether you agree or disagree with him, he sure had a basis for saying that

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Why do so many people think the job of being a professional baseball player is easy? Money? The money can make your life outside of baseball easier but it doesn't change the fact that it's a job and it can be great and it can suck at different times just like most other jobs.
    True, I'm sure at times playing baseball can be tiring (mentally and physically)
    but there's a lot of careers which are much more stressful than baseball.
    Being a pro baseball player is a pretty nice career. Not sure many people can sympathize with Dunn. Not many careers give you the money and job security that Dunn has. Heck, the fact that Dunn could walk away from 15 million and be fine if he got bored is pretty strong evidence that he has a dream job.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post

Don't take your girlfriend to anymore games. Go with a buddy and tell her to do the same at Ikea. Win-Win.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Don't take your girlfriend to anymore games. Go with a buddy and tell her to do the same at Ikea. Win-Win.
    That's not the point. The point is that what's fun for one person may not be for another.

I think he enjoys the game. I'll bet my last dollar he enjoys being around the guys. But I think losing can wear on a person. I think that's all he's saying. If he were on a winning team, his outlook might be different. He's certainly not the first player to get dragged down by losing.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    True, I'm sure at times playing baseball can be tiring (mentally and physically)
    but there's a lot of careers which are much more stressful than baseball.
    Being a pro baseball player is a pretty nice career. Not sure many people can sympathize with Dunn. Not many careers give you the money and job security that Dunn has. Heck, the fact that Dunn could walk away from 15 million and be fine if he got bored is pretty strong evidence that he has a dream job.

I don't think anyone should sympathize with him. I also don't understand why people are upset with him.

I think being a professional athlete is an extremely stressful career.I don't think the money lessens that. It can be fun, something you love and at times incredibly stressful. Again, he doesn't want not deserve your sympathy. He's just a guy who gets frustrated with his job sometimes, like most everyone else.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

15. Likes:

Chip R (09-05-2013)

Nope. I still don't get it.

He's said he'll keep playing until he isn't having fun anymore.

Still don't see the problem.
    Well, you really have to read into it and WANT to see a problem.

17. Likes:

blumj (09-05-2013),Raisor (09-05-2013)

Turn Off Ads?