Turn Off Ads?
Page 38 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Bengals Discussion

Re: 2013 Bengals Discussion

Dalton was great today. Even the one pick was partly due to a good play by Tillman. This loss is not at all on Dalton.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    One thing I really enjoyed was leaving Bernard out of most of the game, despite the fact that he would pick up a decent gain seemingly every time he touched the ball.
    A $900 million organization can't figure that out.

Marvin can't put anybody away. He gets up two scores in the third and it's over for him. They haven't invented the pass yet for him.

What a waste of a Sunday.

Ray needs to be cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post

Marvin can't put anybody away. He gets up two scores in the third and it's over for him. They haven't invented the pass yet for him.

Ray needs to be cut.
    We're not going to cut our starting MLB because he made a stupid play that cost our offense the chance to go 80+ yards in 15 seconds.

And I'm not exactly sure what you mean about Marvin putting teams away. What about today's game would make anyone think that? We had dumb penalties and turnovers against a team that's known for taking the ball away. I know one game isn't going to make me lose faith in Zimmer's ability to get his side of the ball ready.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Ray needs to be cut.
    BJGE had 1.8 YPC, Gio had 5.5. Yet they insisted on pounding him the entire game, and actually for some reason allowed him to run outside, despite the fact that Gio should be the only player on the team running the ball out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    No one cares about winning the division. Everyone cares about winning the Super Bowl. It's only 1 week, but so far he's proved he's still the same old Andy.
    Did you watch the game? That's a serious question. I've been a pretty harsh critic of Andy in the past, but he played really well today. Good enough to not only win this game, but playoff games. It's not his fault the clock management stunk (again), the coaching stunk, the players dropped 2 balls (one for an INT and then the fumble), and all of the moronic decisions by the team.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Really looking forward to the Reds game tonight, you guys.

8. Likes:

dougdirt (09-08-2013),Joseph (09-08-2013),KittyDuran (09-08-2013),Stray (09-08-2013)

Gio needs to be playing period use the Lawfirm sparingly. The talent difference between the two is huge. Loved the play of Eifert as well as Gresham. Played a little too fast at times which led to silly mistakes. Beat Pitts next week and all is right with the world.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    That was bad, worse was the penalty on Kirkpatrick to put them into fg range.
    I disagree. Throwing the ball for an incomplete pass was much worse. If they run twice the half is over and Dre doesn't even have the opportunity for the penalty. Terrible play call there. Indefensible.

I'm not excusing Dre for the penalty, but he was drilled in the back after it appeared he was out of bounds. If anything, I thought the Bears player should've been called for a penalty. Also, even without the penalty, the Bears still had a great opportunity, one they never should've had, to get into FG range. You can't give away points in any game and Marvin and staff did it today.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

We're not going to cut our starting MLB because he made a stupid play that cost our offense the chance to go 80+ yards in 15 seconds.

And I'm not exactly sure what you mean about Marvin putting teams away. What about today's game would make anyone think that? We had dumb penalties and turnovers against a team that's known for taking the ball away. I know one game isn't going to make me lose faith in Zimmer's ability to get his side of the ball ready.
    It's a cut rate play by a player in a cut rate organization.

You're right he shouldn't be cut he fits right in.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    BJGE had 1.8 YPC, Gio had 5.5. Yet they insisted on pounding him the entire game, and actually for some reason allowed him to run outside, despite the fact that Gio should be the only player on the team running the ball out there.
    In the second half they just kept giving it to him. It's mind numbingly stupid.

13. Likes:

dougdirt (09-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I disagree. Throwing the ball for an incomplete pass was much worse. If they run twice the half is over and Dre doesn't even have the opportunity for the penalty. Terrible play call there. Indefensible.

I'm not excusing Dre for the penalty, but he was drilled in the back after it appeared he was out of bounds. If anything, I thought the Bears player should've been called for a penalty. Also, even without the penalty, the Bears still had a great opportunity, one they never should've had, to get into FG range. You can't give away points in any game and Marvin and staff did it today.
    It was like a 2 yard pitch and catch and for whatever reason we didn't connect. Not a big deal which was worse, but both are unacceptable.

If you're already there after one bad game, why be a fan of this team to begin with?

Seems like we've been waiting and waiting and waiting for him to show some kind of actual performance.

He's officially a bust IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

16. Likes:

Dom Heffner (09-08-2013)

I'm still very upset with this loss. It was pathetic. I can't remember a time where I thought the Bengals were clearly the better team and lost. Especially like they did today.

They're very talented this year so that's a positive. It's nice to see some explosive plays on offense. After watching today, I'm very optimistic this team can go pretty far, but I'm not forgiving the egg that was laid today in the last 31 minutes of the game. Hopefully, they'll learn from this, eat a little humble pie, and come out much stronger.

18. Likes:

bucksfan2 (09-09-2013)

In the second half they just kept giving it to him. It's mind numbingly stupid.
    He had 6 carries in the 2nd half.

He had 6 carries in the 2nd half.
    Which turned out to be 6 too many.

14 carries 25 yards....he's awesome.

Maybe it seemed like more because he appears to be running in apple sauce.

Turn Off Ads?