Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Just found out tonight...

Re: Just found out tonight...

My wife was only about a month along when we lost our baby about 5 years ago. We hadn't planned on having one...then when we did plan it, everything went smoothly, and now my son is 8 months old. It is very tiring, yet I wouldn't trade him for the world, or even a Reds World Series...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Well, that age is helpful, but I'm 52 now and I was still playing softball until I was in my mid to late 40's and helped coach my son's team during some of those later years.

And I'll tell you, I've got two girls (my two older) and if you have a little girl, she'll wrap you around her little finger - and as my sister will tell you - she throws like her brother's taught her to and she was a heckuva ballplayer. My oldest went to her first ballgame at about six weeks, had a 45 minute rain delay in the ninth inning with the winning run on second. Fortunately my wife was nursing her so she went off during the rain delay, fed her and the batter returned to the plate and knocked the runner in - great first game, no?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Going to be a daddy....
    Hey........congrats. My little girl is 10 months old now, it's the greatest feeling in the world.

Okay...

2 Home tests, one last night, one this morning - both positive
    planned parenthood test today - negative
    couple hours later at the Doctors office - positive

Blood work is pending... not sure how long that takes though

I'm seeing a trend
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    I'm seeing a trend
    Haha!

TS, if you're lucky, your little one (if there is in fact a little one on the way) might never have to suffer through a Tubby Smith bball season.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    On my first son, my wife was late, and took a home test. Negative
    Kept on being late, took another home test, Negative
    Started feeling light headed and was still late, blood test at Doctor's Office, Pregnant.

Hang in there. Right now you should be as supportive of her as possible. You and her are going to be going through a wide range of emotions. Don't start running around and doing handstands either way until she knows for sure. My wife and I got pregnant about 6 weeks after we were married, and it was unexpected. Life has a way of "breaking" through. My reaction to the first two tests was relief, and then when she told me the results of the blood test. The first words out of my mouth were "crap". I regret those words every day. My sons are the best parts of my life.
    If that isn't a medical phenomena, I don't know what is.

I don't know that you can ever really be "ready" for kids. On the plus side, you will be young enough to keep up when your kids get older. If you are in good enough shape, you don't have to worry about them wanting to play catch but you are down in your back.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Due Nov. 6th

Due Nov. 6th

Congrats and best of luck.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Hang in there.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

For a Level Playing Field

Due Nov. 6th
    Amazing that a store-bought kit is more accurate than tests done by Planned Parenthood. I thought Planned Parenthood's job was about parents, kids, pregnancies, etc? Imagine a drug-user or even a cigarette smoker being told by "the experts" that she is not pregnant, so she goes home and lights/tokes/snorts up. I think Planned Parenthood needs to pull their heads out of their fallopian tube. Future parents and the newborns depend on them to do their job.

Good luck, TeamSelig. Be good to the expectant mommy and be there for her. And prepare to be the best Daddy you can be. I know you will.

Team Selig-
    Dont worry about anything man, you will be fine. My best friend had his son when he was only 19. We are only 21 now so this was pretty recent. It will make you grow up quickly, but thats not a bad thing at all. You will do fine with this.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Amazing that a store-bought kit is more accurate than tests done by Planned Parenthood. I thought Planned Parenthood's job was about parents, kids, pregnancies, etc? Imagine a drug-user or even a cigarette smoker being told by "the experts" that she is not pregnant, so she goes home and lights/tokes/snorts up. I think Planned Parenthood needs to pull their heads out of their fallopian tube. Future parents and the newborns depend on them to do their job.

Good luck, TeamSelig. Be good to the expectant mommy and be there for her. And prepare to be the best Daddy you can be. I know you will.
    Based on other's responses on this thread... it would seem that you need multiple tests to get the right answer. Red Leader stated that the doctor's office came up with multiple negatives - so don't get all fired up about Planned Parenthood stating that they aren't doing their job!

Home test came up positive. Went to a doctor's office, test came out negative. We went to a wedding and got smashed. My wife took another home test 3-4 days later. Positive again. Went to doctor's office. Negative again. Finally, we had the blood drawn and it confirmed the positive tests. I know that rollercoaster. The history I've had with pregnancy tests is that the home tests are more reliable than tests given at doctor's offices (not sure if that's because the tests at doctor's offices sit there awhile and expire or what). Regardless, having blood drawn should put any questions to rest.
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Based on other's responses on this thread... it would seem that you need multiple tests to get the right answer. Red Leader stated that the doctor's office came up with multiple negatives - so don't get all fired up about Planned Parenthood stating that they aren't doing their job!
    Good post, Kitty.

Planned Parenthood does many, many other things besides just distributing or administering pregnancy tests, and they do them well. It's simply unfair to say that Planned Parenthood isn't doing their jobs because their pregnancy tests aren't the most accurate tests in some cases.

Team Selig. Congratulations. The truth is now known and you can start mentally and emotionally preparing yourself for your life ahead. How's your relationship with the mother of this child? How's your relationship with her parents? You don't have to answer those questions on this thread but establishing a good, solid relationship with both of them is important and you should think about those two questions. They will be key to the upbringing of your child. Good luck to you, and like I said, if you need any help, advice, anything, don't hesitate to ask.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?