Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dexter Fowler

Dexter Fowler

Heard his name being a possible target for the Reds leadoff hitter.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dexter Fowler

Jon Paul Morosi is speculating on a Bailey for Fowler swap...

http://mlbbuzz.yardbarker.com/blog/m...tings/12345181

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    Jon Paul Morosi is speculating on a Bailey for Fowler swap...

http://mlbbuzz.yardbarker.com/blog/m...tings/12345181
    Not sure how I feel about this. I like Fowler, but I hate to see the rotation take a hit. Bailey was a huge part of the Reds' success last year, and I've been one of his detractors in the past. If the Reds are going to deal Bailey, I think I'd rather go after Alex Gordon.

Dexter Fowler is all Coors Field and it would be a mistake to deal Homer for him.

Fowler's Career Splits
    .295/.395/.487/.882 at Home
    .248/.331/.367/.698 on Road

Homer's road numbers will get teams attention but hopefully we notice the splits for Fowler too and not make a major mistake here.
    Last edited by HometownHero; 12-02-2012 at 06:50 PM.

Hell yes, all day every day. They won't do it though.

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Dexter Fowler is all Coors Field would be a mistake to deal Homer for him.

Fowler's Career Splits
    .295/.395/.487/.882 at Home
    .248/.331/.367/.698 on Road

Homer's road numbers will get teams attention but hopefully we notice the splits for Fowler too and not make a major mistake here.
    The splits don't really bother me as much as they would with a lot of guys since Fowler plays in the only hitter's park in the NL West. A lot of his road games are played in SF and SD. The real red flag with Fowler is his .390 BABIP last season. I don't think he'll duplicate that. He's good, but not as good as he was in 2012.

If they want Bailey they need to take Stubbs too. That clears money and then I would honestly make a run at Justin Upton.

Fowler - CF
    Phillips - 2B
    Votto - 1B
    Upton - LF
    Bruce - RF
    Frazier - 3B
    Cozart / Didi - SS
    Hanigan / Mesoraco - C

I think that lineup may do some damage, but again like the Latos trade people have to be okay with parting with prospects. As long as we don't give up Corcinco, Stephenson or Cingrani, personally I am fine with any prospects going. We need to keep pitching in house because we won't get FA.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zero View Post
    The splits don't really bother me as much as they would with a lot of guys since Fowler plays in the only hitter's park in the NL West. A lot of his road games are played in SF and SD. The real red flag with Fowler is his .390 BABIP last season. I don't think he'll duplicate that. He's good, but not as good as he was in 2012.
    His home park had a 1.579 PF (park factor) with division foes having PFs of 1.171 (Arizona), .867 (LA), .854 (SD), .737 (SF). His new home park would have a PF of 1.113 with division foes having 1.168 (Milwaukee), 1.024 (Chicago), .985 (St. Louis), .764 (Pittsburgh). I was actually surprised to see this. I was fully expecting the difference to be much greater.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zero View Post
    The West also has Chase field when is a big time hitters park that had the 2nd most runs in the NL last year and a place he's hit 3 of his 8 HR away from Denver. He has a .827 OPS there in 99 AB helping his .698 road OPS in 913 AB.

This move will make Cards fans do cartwheels if it goes down.

Salukifan2

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    The West also has Chase field when is a big time hitters park that had the 2nd most runs in the NL last year and a place he's hit 3 of his 8 HR away from Denver. He has a .827 OPS there in 99 AB helping his .698 road OPS in 913 AB.

This move will make Cards fans do cartwheels if it goes down.
    I've assumed the position haha

I wouldn't deal Bailey for Fowler. I like Fowler but I not for Bailey. I'd prefer to see Leake moved along with a prospect or two. You gotta think the Reds are a bit down on Leake with the year he had and how he pitched in the playoffs.
    Meanwhile, Bailey was incredible in his playoff appearance vs. the Giants so you have to think the Reds would be reluctant to move him. My vote is to retain Bailey.

Quote Originally Posted by holster10 View Post
    I wouldn't deal Bailey for Fowler. I like Fowler but I not for Bailey. I'd prefer to see Leake moved along with a prospect or two. You gotta think the Reds are a bit down on Leake with the year he had and how he pitched in the playoffs.
    Meanwhile, Bailey was incredible in his playoff appearance vs. the Giants so you have to think the Reds would be reluctant to move him. My vote is to retain Bailey.
    Other teams saw the same things. That's why organizations have to internally evaluate their players and know them better than what other teams can see sitting in the stands or watching on TV. So, other teams will be up on Homer right now, but the Reds need to know him better than those other teams and either keep him knowing 2nd half Homer is what we should expect going forward or trade him at his peak value knowing that it was an aberration.

Its gunna take Bailey to get Fowler. We have 7 pitchers I'm comfortable with in the rotation right now. I would do it.

Wouldn't be too bad, but we couldn't give up too much. He is not worth Billy Hamilton or Bailey.

Quote Originally Posted by dMaus14 View Post
    If they want Bailey they need to take Stubbs too. That clears money and then I would honestly make a run at Justin Upton.

Fowler - CF
    Phillips - 2B
    Votto - 1B
    Upton - LF
    Bruce - RF
    Frazier - 3B
    Cozart / Didi - SS
    Hanigan / Mesoraco - C

I think that lineup may do some damage, but again like the Latos trade people have to be okay with parting with prospects. As long as we don't give up Corcinco, Stephenson or Cingrani, personally I am fine with any prospects going. We need to keep pitching in house because we won't get FA.
    If you move Bailey and Stubbs for Fowler, what would you than move for Upton? I am under the impression that it will take a combination of 3 MLB ready players/top 10 prospects to leand Upton. The deal I keep coming back to for upton is Leake, Gregirous and Corcino as the centerpiece of the deal for Upton.

So I ask you what would you give for Upton after moving Bailey and Stubbs because you show Cozart/Didi at short and I am all but certain one of those guys would have to go the other way to get Upton. Also, if Bailey is moved for Fowler, to get Upton your going to have to include a SP (most likely Leake). So after the trades you lose 2 starters and have a hole at the 5th spot that you would be relying on a prospect like Corcino or Cingrani (whomever doesn't go to Arizona) to be a full time starter.

As much as I would like to have both Fowler and Upton on board, we would take too big a hit in our starting pitching and would be relying way too much on a prospect who has never pitched in the majors to help fill the void. To me that's too big a risk to take.

Turn Off Ads?