Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Travis Wood and Jordan Smith promoted to Chattanooga, Daryl Thompson to Louisville

Re: Travis Wood and Jordan Smith promoted to Chattanooga, Daryl Thompson to Louisvill

I wonder the thought process of Homer as he see's guys like Thompson and possibly even Maloney have success and maybe even continue on to the bigs, one would have to think it would make him work harder....wishful thinking?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Travis Wood and Jordan Smith promoted to Chattanooga, Daryl Thompson to Louisvill

Quote Originally Posted by jfleur87 View Post
    I wonder the thought process of Homer as he see's guys like Thompson and possibly even Maloney have success and maybe even continue on to the bigs, one would have to think it would make him work harder....wishful thinking?

You'd think....and for most people it does.

Thompson could be in the mix next spring. With Maloney, Bailey, and Thompson, it will be nice not have to go to a guy like Fogg.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Thompson could be in the mix next spring. With Maloney, Bailey, and Thompson, it will be nice not have to go to a guy like Fogg.
    Thompson could be in the mix Wednesday after the debacle that was Dusty's bullpen management on Sunday.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

More moves, some have already been mentioned I believe. My friend said that there would still be more.

Daryl Thompson RHP from Chatt to Louisville.
    Ramon Ramirez RHP from Chatt to Louisville.
    Drew Anderson INF from Louisville to Chatt.
    Lee Tabor from Sarasota to Chatt.
    Justin Tordi from Chatt to Sarasota.

Scott Carroll to Sarasota. Josh Ravin to Dayton.

Seems like all the right moves to me.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by redsof72 View Post
    Scott Carroll to Sarasota. Josh Ravin to Dayton.
    Nice.

I know there were rumors a couple weeks back that Kyle Lotzkar could see some time in Dayton soon, wonder how far down the road that could be?

Apparently he is not totally healthy in extended spring training. Nothing serious but they will not move a guy up if he isn't completely healthy.

I was hoping Carrol to Sara and Lotzkar to Dayton, but if he isn't completely healthy, I understand. I expect him to start in Billings, maybe a few starts in Dayton beforehand if he is healthy.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Dragons announcer says Valiquette will be promoted to "another club" after this game.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    Dragons announcer says Valiquette will be promoted to "another club" after this game.
    Nice. He's been pitching well in May and deserves a promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    With Bailey's struggles and Lehr going to Korea, Thompson is probably in line to be the next starting pitcher called up.
    Thompson's 2008 in AA: 8.2 K/9, 2.1 BB/9, 2.60 FIP
    Maloney's 2008 in AAA: 8.1 K/9, 2.6 BB/9, 2.62 FIP

I'm excited about Thompson too but Maloney is criminally underrated around here.

Is Valiquette the longest tenured Dragon ever?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Very nice developments.

Nice to see former Gator Justin Tordi moving up the ranks. He may have one of the best gloves in the system.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Turn Off Ads?