Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Going to GABP for First Time - HELP PLEASE

Going to GABP for First Time - HELP PLEASE

I will need either 2 or 4 tickets to Sunday 9/12 against the Pirates. I've seen games at Riverfront but never GABP. A little help please?

1. Will tickets be available outside the stadium? For face value or more than face? Where do errr, "vendors" usually congregate to sell tickets to walk-ups?

2. Any sections to avoid on a sunny Sunday September afternoon (meaning not sitting in or looking into the sun all day)?

3. How are bleacher tickets beyond LF -- are they really far away? Can you still wander the rest of the ballpark on foot if you buy bleacher tickets?

4. There are ticket charges to order online -- both online fees and shipping charges. I want to avoid these. I assume they do not exist if you buy at ticket window? But, I am worried the game will sell out before the day of game.

Any help is appreciated.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!

Re: Going to GABP for First Time - HELP PLEASE

I don't think the game will sell out. Sit along 1st base side. And you can buy tix from the box office/ ticket window or a kiosk they have stationed throughout the outside of the ballpark.
    "Ahh, Jesus, I like him very much, but He no help with curveball." - Serrano. "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?" - Harris in Major League (1989)

Quote Originally Posted by redssince75 View Post
    I will need either 2 or 4 tickets to Sunday 9/12 against the Pirates. I've seen games at Riverfront but never GABP. A little help please?

1. Will tickets be available outside the stadium? For face value or more than face? Where do errr, "vendors" usually congregate to sell tickets to walk-ups?

2. Any sections to avoid on a sunny Sunday September afternoon (meaning not sitting in or looking into the sun all day)?

3. How are bleacher tickets beyond LF -- are they really far away? Can you still wander the rest of the ballpark on foot if you buy bleacher tickets?

4. There are ticket charges to order online -- both online fees and shipping charges. I want to avoid these. I assume they do not exist if you buy at ticket window? But, I am worried the game will sell out before the day of game.

Any help is appreciated.
    1. rule #1 avoid scalpers, get there early and get a good upper deck seat
    2. Get tix's on the 1st base side, less chances of getting stuck in the sun if you are in the upper deck.
    3. Bleacher seats are great, but you will be stuck in the sun and it does get hot. You can walk the entire stadium from any seat.
    4. If you go with the upper deck seats the fees are not to bad. It's better to pay the fees then get to the game and all that is left is either scalpers, or very high cost tickets.
    5. What is the price range you are wanting to pay for tix?
    6. How early are you planning on getting there?
    7. how far of a drive is it for you?

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    1. rule #1 avoid scalpers, get there early and get a good upper deck seat
    2. Get tix's on the 1st base side, less chances of getting stuck in the sun if you are in the upper deck.
    3. Bleacher seats are great, but you will be stuck in the sun and it does get hot. You can walk the entire stadium from any seat.
    4. If you go with the upper deck seats the fees are not to bad. It's better to pay the fees then get to the game and all that is left is either scalpers, or very high cost tickets.
    5. What is the price range you are wanting to pay for tix?
    6. How early are you planning on getting there?
    7. how far of a drive is it for you?
    1. Why avoid scalpers? Is there the possibility of counterfeit tickets? If not, I have no moral problem with scalping or scalpers.

5. I generally like to pay for the cheapest tix then move around the ballpark a lot. But, if there is a particularly good section in the mid-level pricing (25 to 30-ish), I sometimes might choose that.

6. I'm meeting friends for lunch beforehand, so probably not until 1/2 hour before gametime.

7. 6 hours, but I should be in Cincy the night before (Saturday night).

I don't mind the bleacher seats. They aren't the best ever, but for the price you get a decent view of the game. I've taken my kids down a couple of times this year and sat in the bleachers.
    Sto Pro Veritate

Quote Originally Posted by redssince75 View Post
    1. Why avoid scalpers? Is there the possibility of counterfeit tickets? If not, I have no moral problem with scalping or scalpers.

5. I generally like to pay for the cheapest tix then move around the ballpark a lot. But, if there is a particularly good section in the mid-level pricing (25 to 30-ish), I sometimes might choose that.

6. I'm meeting friends for lunch beforehand, so probably not until 1/2 hour before gametime.

7. 6 hours, but I should be in Cincy the night before (Saturday night).
    I have no issue with scalpers if the game is sold out, if not, why pay higher prices for tix you can get at the stadium.

Since it is Pete Rose weekend, the tix sales may be a bit more brisk even with it being the Pirates. If you get into Cincy the night before I would drive downtown after the Sat night games starts and walk down to the stadium while that game is in progress and get your tix's for the next day. That Sat game may sell out since it his night. I would go with the $14 seats and get somewhere down the first base line and move away as seating allows.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I have no issue with scalpers if the game is sold out, if not, why pay higher prices for tix you can get at the stadium.
    Yeah that's why I asked about face value, I agree.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

The $14 view level seat is a great deal if you can be near the plate. I agree, you want to be on the 1st base side. STAY AWAY FROM THE BLEACHERS!!! They are uncomfortable, in the sun, far from the action and you can't see the out out-of-town scoreboard or the video board.

Have fun, it is a beautiful ballpark.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Johnny Cueto Fan

IMO, the View Level are the best seats for the price of the tickets.

Stay out of the bleachers.

Wow, if it's a night game I love the bleachers, true you can't see the score board real well, but it's a cheap seat that is much more comfortable then the other seats and if the sun is down real comfortable. however in day games, I would agree and stay away...

The best place to sit for me are the left seats below the kroger bleachers they are decent prices and you are very close to the field

Turn Off Ads?